The Hyles/Nischik love letters

Gladstone

Elect
Reaction score
We're the Hyles love letter ever revealed?
I know VN gave the originals back to JH. But, I didn't know if copies were kept.

We're the Hyles love letter ever revealed?
I know VN gave the originals back to JH. But, I didn't know if copies were kept.
Quite the contradiction... he claimed in his book he made copies and kept them with his attorney... then when asked to produce them, he said he gave them back to Jack Hyles....

I heard a speaker at a pastor's conf years ago advise, " Never write down anything that you do not want to see made public later."

I heard a speaker at a pastor's conf years ago advise, " Never write down anything that you do not want to see made public later."
If there were letters they would be public...

While I do not doubt there was an immoral relationship, I can’t imagine Dr Hyles would put any proof of such in writing.

While I do not doubt there was an immoral relationship, I can’t imagine Dr Hyles would put any proof of such in writing.
I would think he was smart enough NOT to write things like that down. I had spoken to VN, and I don't believe he was telling the truth on these for some reason. There are just too many variables that make it unlikely.

I would think he was smart enough NOT to write things like that down. I had spoken to VN, and I don't believe he was telling the truth on these for some reason. There are just too many variables that make it unlikely.
Weren’t we just discussing nut jobs? VN was one.

Weren’t we just discussing nut jobs? VN was one.
I can certainly agree that some of what VN stated didn't make much sense. That being said, I also know that JH wasn't all he was cracked up to be. Why BH stayed, I don't know. Could have been for the security factor, but I would think that this could have been accomplished through alimony. I've got the book on the case against Hyles, and have been offered over $3K for it, but I won't sell it. Also, have VN's little rom. Some of what he says is logical, but some of it was plain stupidity on his part if he allowed it to go on and STAYED without taking it to the press or other churches to help prove that JH was involved in immoral behavior!

I can certainly agree that some of what VN stated didn't make much sense. That being said, I also know that JH wasn't all he was cracked up to be. Why BH stayed, I don't know. Could have been for the security factor, but I would think that this could have been accomplished through alimony. I've got the book on the case against Hyles, and have been offered over $3K for it, but I won't sell it. Also, have VN's little rom. Some of what he says is logical, but some of it was plain stupidity on his part if he allowed it to go on and STAYED without taking it to the press or other churches to help prove that JH was involved in immoral behavior!
Didn’t VN start the fad of men living in the basement?

Didn’t VN start the fad of men living in the basement?
On that, I'm not sure. I tried NOT to have too much contact with him. I also tried not to keep my eyes on what was going on in Hammond.

I've got the book on the case against Hyles, and have been offered over $3K for it, but I won't sell it. Also, have VN's little rom.
Was that first one Mr Glover's book?
And what is "VN's little rom"??

I had spoken to VN, and I don't believe he was telling the truth on these for some reason. There are just too many variables that make it unlikely.
Interesting to me. Not knowing the people, and only going by the books, I found VN's story very believable, and I was somewhat suspicious of Voyle Glover's book "Fundamental Seduction"... but from the few people I've talked to that knew them, they seem to think that VG is more reliable than VN.

Was that first one Mr Glover's book?
And what is "VN's little rom"??
Yes...the first one was Voyle's book. FBCH/HAC hate that book and have offered many times (or at least attendees, not necessarily the church or college) for quite a bit of money. Nischik sent me a tiny CD rom of his book detailing everything that went on.

Interesting to me. Not knowing the people, and only going by the books, I found VN's story very believable, and I was somewhat suspicious of Voyle Glover's book "Fundamental Seduction"... but from the few people I've talked to that knew them, they seem to think that VG is more reliable than VN.
I would have to say that I believe Voyle more than I believed Nischik. There are problems with his story, and he didn't like being confronted with them. One question I asked him was why he stayed when he knew his wife was having an affair. There was no hope of reconciliation, and he knew it.

I would have to say that I believe Voyle more than I believed Nischik. There are problems with his story, and he didn't like being confronted with them. One question I asked him was why he stayed when he knew his wife was having an affair. There was no hope of reconciliation, and he knew it.
I don't know either men. But, there were a few questions I had from the VN story.
1. The letters... why'd he give them back? Looking from the outside, I guess people were really brainwashed. ---If the letters ever existed
2. JL... she could help clear this up. If she were made known. But, so much time is past. What does it really matter, I guess?
3. Did Dr. H really take a ladies group to Hawaii by himself? People didn't question this!
4.VN named names and proclaimed 250k was misappropriated by Dr. H. When He brought this up in a deacons meeting, there was a deacon that said, Preacher, lets do an audit and shut Vic up. Dr Hyles said, "if an audit is done, I will resign." If that is true, couldn't people see the charades?
5. The Nischick children sided with their father. Usually children of divorced parents side with the one that they feel was wronged.
6. The door! Nobody questioned the door and then it was lied about and he wasnt called out for it by his church!!!
7. If VN was a flaming homosexual, was caught in his pajamas with another woman and was also supposedly the father of a child with a lady from a car dealership, why was he allowed to stay on as a deacon? Furthermore, why was a divorced man allowed to stay on as a deacon? The deacon must've had some level of dirt on the Pastor. I know a church bylaw/constitution may or may not same something. But, the Bible trumps all.
This book not only brings up questions... it makes me wonder why Dr.Hyles didn't respond in a Christ like manner if he were innocent. Oh well he and Vic, I'm sure sorted it out now.

I don't know either men. But, there were a few questions I had from the VN story.
1. The letters... why'd he give them back? Looking from the outside, I guess people were really brainwashed. ---If the letters ever existed
2. JL... she could help clear this up. If she were made known. But, so much time is past. What does it really matter, I guess?
3. Did Dr. H really take a ladies group to Hawaii by himself? People didn't question this!
4.VN named names and proclaimed 250k was misappropriated by Dr. H. When He brought this up in a deacons meeting, there was a deacon that said, Preacher, lets do an audit and shut Vic up. Dr Hyles said, "if an audit is done, I will resign." If that is true, couldn't people see the charades?
5. The Nischick children sided with their father. Usually children of divorced parents side with the one that they feel was wronged.
6. The door! Nobody questioned the door and then it was lied about and he wasnt called out for it by his church!!!
7. If VN was a flaming homosexual, was caught in his pajamas with another woman and was also supposedly the father of a child with a lady from a car dealership, why was he allowed to stay on as a deacon? Furthermore, why was a divorced man allowed to stay on as a deacon? The deacon must've had some level of dirt on the Pastor. I know a church bylaw/constitution may or may not same something. But, the Bible trumps all.
This book not only brings up questions... it makes me wonder why Dr.Hyles didn't respond in a Christ like manner if he were innocent.
This book not only brings up questions... it makes me wonder why Dr.Hyles didn't respond in a Christ like manner if he were innocent. Oh well he and Vic, I'm sure sorted it out now.
By the time JH had passed away, I had moved on, letting the Lord work in and through me to leave those feelings about him and his ministry behind. I didn't want bitterness to keep me in it' hold. I don't answer fo Hyles, Nischik or anyone else. I answer for me. The whole thing was a mess, and I wish I had never heard Hyles say what he did to the group of students that day. I also wish I'd never heard about his affair, DH's misdeeds and other preachers still supporting him knowing all of these things were true. All men have feet of clay...they could fall at any time if they're not living in the spirit of God. So, I'll let God judge them both.