The KJV is a Roman Catholic Bible with respect to the Word Church.

Vince Massi said:
Romans 16:26 but now is made manifest, and by the Scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith,

This verse makes no mention of the KJV or the Millennium.

Again, not verbatim, but if you take that verse to its conclusion: the KJB would be there for the Millennium.

bibleprotector said:
Vince Massi said:
Romans 16:26 but now is made manifest, and by the Scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith,

This verse makes no mention of the KJV or the Millennium.

Again, not verbatim, but if you take that verse to its conclusion: the KJB would be there for the Millennium.

In other words, the verse makes no mention of the KJV or the Millennium.

Vince Massi said:

No verse says "the rapture" or "the Trinity" or "the Bible", but those doctrines exist. The lack of a verbatim reference to the term "King James Bible" is likewise not to be used against it.

bibleprotector said:
Vince Massi said:

No verse says "the rapture" or "the Trinity" or "the Bible", but those doctrines exist. The lack of a verbatim reference to the term "King James Bible" is likewise not to be used against it.
Funny, people have died over saying that those words aren't there, like Michael Servetus.

prophet said:
Funny, people have died over saying that those words aren't there, like Michael Servetus.

Not exactly.  Servetus was very aggressive and harsh, as in his Cerberus analogy.  Ironically, today William Lane Craig makes the same analogy. 

Also Servetus was against infant baptism, which upset the Calvin apple cart. 

Earlier, in the 1536 Confession of Faith in Geneva, Calvin and Farel had avoided using some of the non-scriptural words.  While this spurred some opposition, and a debate with the Nicene and especially the Athanasian Creed in central positions, there was no punishment.  Although the charges from Pierre Caroli, and the brouhaha, did contribute to Calvin leaving Geneva for some years. Not so voluntarily (exiled.)

Yours in Jesus,
Steven Avery

bibleprotector said:
Vince Massi said:

Gotta give you a negative on that one, Brother. I can show from Scripture the Deity of Christ, the Rapture, and the existence of the Bible. But no one has been able to find the KJV in Scripture.

Incidentally, when I was in Catholic school, the nun made clear to us that the word "Trinity" is not in the Bible, nor is the doctrine Biblical. She explained that the Bible teaches that God cannot be understood, and the Trinity is a man-made attempt to explain something that God said can't be explained.

Steven Avery said:
prophet said:

Not exactly.  Servetus was very aggressive and harsh, as in his Cerberus analogy.  Ironically, today William Lane Craig makes the same analogy. 

Also Servetus was against infant baptism, which upset the Calvin apple cart. 

Earlier, in the 1536 Confession of Faith in Geneva, Calvin and Farel had avoided using some of the non-scriptural words.  While this spurred some opposition, and a debate with the Nicene and especially the Athanasian Creed in central positions, there was no punishment.  Although the charges from Pierre Caroli, and the brouhaha, did contribute to Calvin leaving Geneva for some years. Not so voluntarily (exiled.)

Yours in Jesus,
Steven Avery
Have you read Servetus' letter to Calvin, when they were in University in Paris together, imploring him to consider abandoning all non-biblical terms, namely "trinity", as they left the door open to Rome?

Vince Massi said:
bibleprotector said:
Vince Massi said:

Gotta give you a negative on that one, Brother. I can show from Scripture the Deity of Christ, the Rapture, and the existence of the Bible. But no one has been able to find the KJV in Scripture.

Incidentally, when I was in Catholic school, the nun made clear to us that the word "Trinity" is not in the Bible, nor is the doctrine Biblical. She explained that the Bible teaches that God cannot be understood, and the Trinity is a man-made attempt to explain something that God said can't be explained.
You can pretend to show "the rapture"  from Scripture, but all you can really show is the resurrection of the dead, along with the ascension of the living (in Christ)

The word rapture as such does not occur in English Bibles. It is in the Latin Vulgate...

1Th 4.17 deinde nos qui vivimus qui relinquimur simul rapiemur...

The Latin word rapio, which means to seize or to snatch, and it is based on the Greek which means “snatch up” (harpazo)

FSSL said:
The word rapture as such does not occur in English Bibles. It is in the Latin Vulgate...

1Th 4.17 deinde nos qui vivimus qui relinquimur simul rapiemur...

The Latin word rapio, which means to seize or to snatch, and it is based on the Greek which means “snatch up” (harpazo)

Well I guess it is in the Bible. Just not in our English Bibles.

It is always a good idea to check the Vulgate as it sheds much light on our English translations.

"You can pretend to show "the rapture"  from Scripture,"

If you wish to disagree, do so. False accusations, however, are not a reliable source of good doctrine.

Hi,

prophet said:
Have you read Servetus' letter to Calvin, when they were in University in Paris together, imploring him to consider abandoning all non-biblical terms, namely "trinity", as they left the door open to Rome?
Not sure if I read it, although it sounds reasonable that it was part of the history.  I'd like to see the text. 

The point I was making is that there was lots more behind the execution of Servetus than simply imploring Calvin to abandon non-scriptural terminology.

Also that as late as 1536, Calvin was in fact avoiding the term Trinity and persons in the Geneva Confession.  This led to Calvin getting a lot of flak. And it sounds like a letter from Servetus to Calvin at Paris would be about 1533. 

Steven

Steven Avery said:
Also that as late as 1536, Calvin was in fact avoiding the term Trinity and persons in the Geneva Confession.

Are you suggesting Calvin was against the terminology "Trinity" and "Persons?"

prophet said:

Calvin and Servetus were never in university together. Servetus studied at the University of Toulouse, while Calvin was at the University of Orleans, then the University of Bourges.

FSSL said:

Why don't you simply read the 1536 Geneva Confession?

Why not study the charges against Calvin that came out of that Confession?

Steven

Ransom said:
prophet said:

Calvin and Servetus were never in university together. Servetus studied at the University of Toulouse, while Calvin was at the University of Orleans, then the University of Bourges.
Thanks for clearing up my confusing post.

They were in Paris at the same time, in University, just at different universities.

Steven Avery said:
FSSL said:

Why don't you simply read the 1536 Geneva Confession?

Why not study the charges against Calvin that came out of that Confession?

Steven
I will let Calvin answer you just like he answered the lying Caroli...

"Calvin was incensed at his arrogant and boisterous conduct and charged him with atheism. "Caroli," he said, "quarrels with us about the nature of God and the distinction of the persons; but I carry the matter further and ask him, whether he believes in the Deity at all?  For I protest before God and man that he has no more faith in the Divine Word than a dog or a pig that tramples under foot holy things" (Matt. 7:6) Schaff

Avery denies the Trinity and tramples on the Persons of God.

Calvin certainly used the terms Trinity and Persons. Just because he didn't in that document means nothing. Calvins Institutes have large sections devoted to the Trinity and Persons of the Godhead.

prophet said:
Thanks for clearing up my confusing post.

They were in Paris at the same time, in University, just at different universities.

You are aware that Paris, Orleans, Bourges, and Toulouse are four different cities, right?