The Lack of Biblical Discernment Is Very Troubling

T-Bone

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Sadly, yesterday both Robert Jeffers & Franklin Graham on their Facebook pages started promoting the latest book by Paula White.  I have sent both of these men a note of my concern.  Surely, they know that this woman is a heretic and also holding an unbiblical position of "pastor".  I am hoping they will retract their endorsements.

https://www.facebook.com/FranklinGraham/photos/a.133380553384801/2770563606333136/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/drjeffress/photos/a.1021113607949466/2590873554306789/?type=3&theater

T-Bone said:
Sadly, yesterday both Robert Jeffers & Franklin Graham on their Facebook pages started promoting the latest book by Paula White.  I have sent both of these men a note of my concern.  Surely, they know that this woman is a heretic and also holding an unbiblical position of "pastor".  I am hoping they will retract their endorsements.

I generally do not get bothered over things on the forum.  Calvinism, King James and so on - whatever.  However, your post really disturbs me.  Paula White is considered Trump's pastor therefore Franklin Graham thinks she is alright.  She is all about the gospel of  her wealth.  She has enough truth mixed in to make her seem palatable but over on the Franklin Graham Facebook page people are going negatively crazy.

I remember when Romney ran for President everything concerning Mormonism was taken off the BGEA web sight.  Perhaps they need to stay out of politics and just preach the gospel and the total truth of scripture. (they do have some wonderful ministries that I have participated in and have seen God work).  This is a horrible compromise.  We are to look with a single eye.

T-Bone said:
What he said......

T-Bone said:

I also sent messages to both men....what in the world are they thinking?
Her doctrine is heretical and her morals are as questionable as her doctrine....

Thank you brothers...I see this as you do, with wondering what is going on...and can't they see?  This is more than a little troubling to me.

Just went back on Franklin Graham's Facebook and the endorsement of Paula White's book is gone.  Here's hoping that it was a staff member who erroneously posted the original endorsement.  Are you all seeing the same thing when you go to his Facebook?

T-Bone said:
Thank you brothers...I see this as you do, with wondering what is going on...and can't they see?  This is more than a little troubling to me.

As near as I can tell, the post has been taken down.  There were 4.5 thousand comments and a vast majority were negative.  Of course, there were some that said (of course), "judge not" and "it can't be wrong because Franklin Graham recommends it"  (that isn't a quote but that was their intent).

Jesus said, ?Beware of false prophets!? (Matthew 7:15) and "Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.?  (John 7:24).  As you said, this is more than a little troubling. 

T-Bone said:
Just went back on Franklin Graham's Facebook and the endorsement of Paula White's book is gone.  Here's hoping that it was a staff member who erroneously posted the original endorsement.  Are you all seeing the same thing when you go to his Facebook?

I also could not find it when I went back to his page 5 min ago.
Glad they're not completely tone deaf...

I just sent a personal email to Pastor Jeffers at First Baptist Dallas.  His endorsement is still up...here's hoping he will respond biblically.

T-Bone said:
I posted a comment about pushing her stuff on his Instagram post. It was deleted. But several others are posting their concerns since.

Paula White - the prosperity preacherette whose Without Walls Church went bankrupt - so much for Name It and Claim It.  She was caught in a hotel in Rome "counseling" with Benny Hinn, but I guess it was okay because Paula was between husbands at the time.

apprising.org/2010/07/24/reports-of-benny-hinn-and-paula-white-affair-pictures-included

Sorry, link doesn't work but you can Google for it.

T-Bone said:
I just sent a personal email to Pastor Jeffers at First Baptist Dallas.  His endorsement is still up...here's hoping he will respond biblically.

Well, I hope you spelled his name right in the email.

I love it when an SBC guy complains about "lack of biblical discernment".

SBC leaders are critical of FBC-Dallas Pastor Jeffress for endorsing Paula White's book.

https://pulpitandpen.org/2019/10/15/erlc-trying-to-kick-out-conservative-sbc-pastors-because-they-endorsed-a-book/

Twisted said:

A Ruckmanite questioning someone?s discernment.
Bwahhhhhhhhhhh!

I'm very appreciative of brethren like T-Bone who uses his discernment to affect change and correction.

Having said that, this episode seems to provide yet more ammunition to those who speak of evangelicals/fundamentalists who marry their theology to (right-wing) politics and sell their proverbial birth-right for a bowl of pottage.

ALAYMAN said:
I'm very appreciative of brethren like T-Bone who uses his discernment to affect change and correction.

Having said that, this episode seems to provide yet more ammunition to those who speak of evangelicals/fundamentalists who marry their theology to (right-wing) politics and sell their proverbial birth-right for a bowl of pottage.

This is so right on brother, and has been my pet peeve for far too long in the direction of many (not all) SBC churches in particular.  I continue to encourage change from within. ..though to be honest I can see the day when I will have to leave the SBC. ..and I don't say that lightly or take it lightly.

Twisted said:

Not surprised that you are surprised.