The long line continues

Just me

Elect
Reaction score
The long line of abused and misused church members leaving the compound continues.  So glad to hear of the latest departees.  Of course they did not make it out unscathed but praise the Lord they are out.

JustABigKid said:
I hope it never stops

The list of old-timers leaving will probably not stop until they are all gone.  The problem is that people make friends in the the church; suppose family A is friends with B; B is friendly with C & D; and C and D are friends.

If D leaves, and is demonized from the pulpit, A may be willing to believe it, because they didn't know "D" well, but B and C know that what is said from the pulpit isn't true.  Then C leaves and is demonized.  That's enough for B, who leaves.  B is demonized in turn, and A sees through the lies, and is on the way out.

New families may not have the connections, and may think that all of these people are disloyal and disgruntled, but not those who know them.

So is this the reasons why people are continuing to leave? Or are there other reasons? For people leaving at this point?

They are leaving bc they are fed up with it.  :). They dont like the cult mentality and are seeing it for what it is.

Pastor Vineyard recently counciled someone who felt the Lord was wanting to take a job elsewhere in another state. Pastor told them that "God didnt tell them to go work in that state, God wouldnt tell you that. He would have told me "

THe family knowing that they have direct access to God themselves know they do not have to go to the Pastor to know God's will for their lives. Needless to say the whole family left.

Saved by Grace said:
They are leaving bc they are fed up with it.  :). They dont like the cult mentality and are seeing it for what it is.

Pastor Vineyard recently counciled someone who felt the Lord was wanting to take a job elsewhere in another state. Pastor told them that "God didnt tell them to go work in that state, God wouldnt tell you that. He would have told me "

THe family knowing that they have direct access to God themselves know they do not have to go to the Pastor to know God's will for their lives. Needless to say the whole family left.

So true Saved by Grace.  Jim Vineyard set up the hierarchy of the place to be ALL THINGS go through the preacher.  I cannot tell you how many times I heard the statement, "What would preacher think" and then under Tommy Boy it was, "what would pastor think".  The members of WHBC were programmed to ask or run everything in their lives through staff who then went to the pastor.  Many times staff directed them straight to the preacher. 

I am so glad families like you mentioned have realized the man worship that it really is.

Saved by Grace said:

The family knowing that they have direct access to God themselves know they do not have to go to the Pastor to know God's will for their lives. Needless to say the whole family left.

This attitude is essentially making a pope of the pastor, and they are quite right to leave.

I was in a church like this where the pastor claimed this authority, and no one called him on it.  The Lord, in His graciousness and mercy, opened my eyes and we eventually left this kind of thing.

Sadly, it is very common in churches that were starting by students of HAC or men heavily influenced by Jack Hyles/FBCH.

Walt said:
Saved by Grace said:

The family knowing that they have direct access to God themselves know they do not have to go to the Pastor to know God's will for their lives. Needless to say the whole family left.

This attitude is essentially making a pope of the pastor, and they are quite right to leave.

I was in a church like this where the pastor claimed this authority, and no one called him on it.  The Lord, in His graciousness and mercy, opened my eyes and we eventually left this kind of thing.

Sadly, it is very common in churches that were starting by students of HAC or men heavily influenced by Jack Hyles/FBCH.

Did you run this by your pastor before you posted it? ;)

Remember at WHBC it does not matter what God thinks about what you are doing because as long as what you are doing pleases the pastor (Tom) God will be pleased!!

Direct quote from a WHBC staff member as we were going out the door never to return.