The Mega-Thread for COVID Evangelists

I find that rather humorous. Supreme Court says "No", Biden says "well, I've changed my mind."
I was surprised at the federal court that overturned the mandate of federal employees, I thought that one would stick. I'm not sure Biden thought some of the broader mandates would survive the challenges. Probably just figured people worried about losing their jobs would go get vaccinated before they reached the courts.

I think as I’ve said before that the Covid policies will continue moving towards common sense…as opposed to where they’ve been up to now.

I’m sure it won’t be overnight but I think it’s inevitable baring some new deadly variant.
On a serious note, I generally agree with your premise that we are turning towards a return to normal. I saw that piece by Maher the other day and it left me head-scratching at his about-face regarding his editorializations/humor which now regularly attacks liberals (his liberalism used to really disgust me to the point of nausea). So your post got me to wondering what happened with Maher to precipitate such a change, and as usual, the answer is found in the proverb "follow the money"...

"I keep saying to the liberals, you know what, if what you're doing sounds like an Onion headline, stop. This is why there's an opening for conservative comedy, because, you know, when you tear down statues of Abraham Lincoln in the Land of Lincoln — Land of Lincoln cancels Lincoln, it's an Onion headline. You know, three-year-olds pick their own gender is an Onion headline," Maher said. "The problem is, [conservatives] don't know how to do comedy," he added. "But if they found someone who did, they could. Because I do it now more here than I used to, because comedy goes where the funny is and there is funny on the left now as well as the right."
Link Bill Maher justifies rightward shift: "Comedy goes where the funny is"

Last edited:
On a serious note, I generally agree with your premise that we are turning towards a return to normal. I saw that piece by Maher the other day and it left me head-scratching at his about-face regarding his editorializations/humor which now regularly attacks liberals (his liberalism used to really disgust me to the point of nausea). So your post got me to wondering what happened with Maher to precipitate such a change, and as usual, the answer is found in the proverb "follow the money"...

Link Bill Maher justifies rightward shift: "Comedy goes where the funny is"
Another facet of it is that Bill Maher is more of a traditional liberal than a leftist. Tulsi Gabbard is another who is somewhat similar. There are certainly things to disagree with them about (welfare state/abortion/size of govt) but there are things you can agree with them as well primarily freedom of speech even if it's offensive to others. Hoping this slowly becomes the dominant strain in Democrats with their overreach.

Well, dang. That's one less venue where I can ignore Neil Young.
True, politically speaking, but surely you don't say musically he ought to be ignored???

After spending most of my life as an IFB, I can identify with these profound Neil Young lyrics:

"Don't feel like Satan, but I am to them, So I try to forget it, any way I can."

["Rockin' in the Free World"]

After spending most of my life as an IFB, I can identify with these profound Neil Young lyrics:

"Don't feel like Satan, but I am to them, So I try to forget it, any way I can."

I will never be able to hear that song again without thinking about this. :D

If you were a true IFB, you wouldn’t know lyrics to worldly songs…😊

True, politically speaking, but surely you don't say musically he ought to be ignored???
Since I'm not sure exactly when I last listened to one of his albums, or even heard one of his songs on the radio, effectively I've been ignoring him musically for years.

I read two articles this morning, and now I can't find either one. The first was about how the Federal Government was going to keep a list of all Federal Employees who were unvaccinated/anti-vax, who had religious exemptions, and they were going to be put on a "pre-trial" listing. I guess they expect to prosecute them later on. The sad thing is that if they're doing it to Federal employees, they'll be tracking those that aren't working for the government as well.
The second article was about someone in the congress of Senate who were going to file a bill to STOP the Federal government from doing such a thing. If any of you come across the articles, please post them for reference. Thanks. I'll do the same if I come across them again.