The Modern Fundamentalist Pastor

Twisted

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
A quote from Facebook:

"The modern fundamentalist pastor stands in the place of Christ as head of the church. He is an imposter (dare I say it? An antichrist). For all the rhetorical tricks and gimmicks, his authority is overblown, his demand for "accountability" is unaccountable to Scripture, and his office is simply an invention. At its core, the pastorate is a usurpation of Christ's real and actual headship over the church, which should be comprised entirely of priests, the least of whom is capable of spiritual discernment on par with any so-called pastor. Christ is Head of the church. There is no other."

The danger of any pastor.

... and sometimes the church member will not follow anyone who follows Christ.

By their own definition, isn?t ?modern fundamentalist? an oxymoron?

Tarheel Baptist said:

why yes they are....its like saying its a new used car......or a used car that is new.  They can not be one in same

Saved by Grace said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

why yes it is....its like saying its a new used car......or a used car that is new.  They can not be one in same

I have been at my church for 8 years.  Long before that, I rejected the doctrine of "Pastoral Authority."

My job as a Pastor is to provide spiritual leadership.  This is achieved by influence, not by decree.

I have no desire to "run a church."  I would rather preach the gospel than be a CEO.