The Murder of Daniel Shaver

biscuit1953

Elect
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBUUx0jUKxc

Shaver was on the floor as ordered and crying when he was shot five times in the back with an AR-15 rifle.  Can anyone justify what happened?

biscuit1953 said:
Shaver was on the floor as ordered and crying when he was shot five times in the back with an AR-15 rifle.  Can anyone justify what happened?

Sure.  See, he put his hand to his waistband.  In America, if you don't follow police instructions, WITHOUT ERROR, then they have the authority to kill you.

As a cop, all you have to say is, "I was following my training".  But sadly, the victim didn't get any training.  This stuff happens all the time.

My questions are what did the jury hear?  Did they see this video?  How in the world can they let this man go?

The legal question is would a reasonable person under the exact circumstances and conditions feel that they were in danger of death or great bodily injury. Evidently the jury thought so.

Jubal Sackett

Jubal Sackett said:
The legal question is would a reasonable person under the exact circumstances and conditions feel that they were in danger of death or great bodily injury. Evidently the jury thought so.

Jubal Sackett

The other 5 officers there didn't feel "in danger".