The New IFBs... not new, just dumbed down

brianb said:
I've noticed there is one in Canada too but I had never heard of it before. On their What we believe page I found something strange.  It says No sodomite will be allowed to attend their services.

Makes you wonder how they check.

Ransom said:
brianb said:
I've noticed there is one in Canada too but I had never heard of it before. On their What we believe page I found something strange.  It says No sodomite will be allowed to attend their services.

They look for NIVs ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ransom said:
brianb said:

On a side note. It looks like Stucky from the old FFF if you remember is a missionary to the Philippines.  All the missionaries this church supports are in the Philippines. 

brianb said:
On a side note. It looks like Stucky from the old FFF if you remember is a missionary to the Philippines.  All the missionaries this church supports are in the Philippines.

Yes, I saw his name pop up in new IFB circles some time ago. He was an ignoramus back when he participated on the FFF, and he's still one now.

Remember him and his buddies spending their Friday nights having preaching parties? LOL.

Baptist City Holdout said:
Also add, at least for FWBC, Tempe, they have done away with the new fangled practice of having an altar call.
One area he listened...

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk

Ransom said:
sword said:
[That being said, other than KJVO, what on that list do you disagree with.

"Hard preaching": If they meant preaching the Bible's hard or uncomfortable truths boldly, no problem. But the "new IFB" are basically just like the old IFB in this regard: by "hard preaching" they mean shouting a lot about their Pharisaical standards. Spamderson has infamously preached that 1 Kings 14:10 means manly men urinate standing up. Is that "hard preaching"? No, it's superficial and juvenile.

I was curious as to what this meant... while I don't know what they mean by this, I think that "hard preaching" is not "loud preaching", but preaching what you believe the Bible teaches, regardless of who is in the room. 

Take (for example) women and trousers; if a pastor believes that it's wrong, he should preach it.  Yet, I don't hear this anymore -- all I hear is preaching about "dressing modestly" (which could mean anything). It's like the preacher is afraid he will run off people if he preaches what he thinks the Bible says.

On the flip side, a pastor who doesn't believe trousers are inherently immodest goes to meetings with other pastors, and doesn't preach against these standards for fear of the shame of the others.

Hard Preaching is (or should be) preaching what you believe to be the truth, regardless about what others in the room think.

Walt said:
Hard Preaching is (or should be) preaching what you believe to be the truth, regardless about what others in the room think.

I believe in Hard Posting.

Walt said:

Sure. And if it's not the truth--if it's just some 20th-century fundy standard like women not wearing jeans--then it's not "hard preaching." It's not going to make fundies who already agree with you uncomfortable.

Twisted said:
Walt said:

I believe in Hard Posting.

its only hard unless you hang a Bible verse on it !! :D :p

Ransom said:
Walt said:

Sure. And if it's not the truth--if it's just some 20th-century fundy standard like women not wearing jeans--then it's not "hard preaching." It's not going to make fundies who already agree with you uncomfortable.

Twisted and I are sure it?s sprit lead and spirit filled, though.

Tarheel Baptist said:
Twisted and I are sure it?s sprit lead and spirit filled, though.

My influence is everywhere.

I need to start a YouTube channel from the Ward.