Reaction score
How would you define it?

Does it even exist?

Or is it a 1950's era style church?

groupie said:
How would you define it?

Does it even exist?

The song "Old Time Religion" dates from 1873 (or so says Wikipedia), so it's probably not (exclusively) a 1950's thing. 

The Rogue Tomato said:
groupie said:
How would you define it?

Does it even exist?

The song "Old Time Religion" dates from 1873 (or so says Wikipedia), so it's probably not (exclusively) a 1950's thing.

I don't think that's anywhere near old enough to really qualify. If I were looking for the most authentic "old time religion", the most unchanged since the time of Christ, I'd probably have to go with some version of Eastern Orthodox. Luckily, that's not a priority for me.

Izdaari said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
groupie said:
How would you define it?

Does it even exist?

I don't think that's anywhere near old enough to really qualify. If I were looking for the most authentic "old time religion", the most unchanged since the time of Christ, I'd probably have to go with some version of Eastern Orthodox. Luckily, that's not a priority for me.

Coptics never get any love.  ;)

Old time religion for me!

Oh, old Odin we will follow
And in fighting we will wallow
"Til we wind up in Valhallooooo,
And that's good enough for me!

rsc2a said:
Izdaari said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
groupie said:
How would you define it?

Does it even exist?

Coptics never get any love.  ;)

Coptics would fall under the Oriental Orthodox category, which I was including under Eastern Orthodox. True that they may be the oldest, possibly founded by the Ethiopian eunuch that Phillip baptized by the side of the road.