The Pharisee vs The Christian

Frag said:
Evangelicals disguised as Baptist are always amusing....

They pride themselves on having their motives right.  They are unproductive, unseparated, unconcerned, unmotivated, underachievers, but hey, at least they are not doing anything for the right reasons......

Please define in your terms unproductive.

Please define in your terms unseparated.

If you want to define the others, that would be great.

Mathew Ward said:
Frag said:
Evangelicals disguised as Baptist are always amusing....

They pride themselves on having their motives right.  They are unproductive, unseparated, unconcerned, unmotivated, underachievers, but hey, at least they are not doing anything for the right reasons......

The definitions don't matter as long as you can understand this one underlying principle: Frag is right and you are wrong.  ;D

"Being" cannot be separated from "doing". 

Heard a preacher say a couple of months ago, "God is not as concerned with what we do, as he is in what we are."  Nope.  He is concerned about both.

Another statement in a sermon I was there to hear, "What do you think God is concerned about -- what we are on the outside or what we are on the inside?"  Since he asked, I answered out loud, "Both!"

Again, can't separate the two.  If you are what you claim to be then you will do what you should.  If you are on the inside what you should be, it will be reflected on the outside. 

Yep....

subllibrm said:
The definitions don't matter as long as you can understand this one underlying principle: Frag is right and you are wrong.  ;D

THAT is a fact, Jack.  Makes life simple....  8)

Frag said:

Heard a preacher say a couple of months ago, "God is not as concerned with what we do, as he is in what we are."  Nope.  He is concerned about both.

Another statement in a sermon I was there to hear, "What do you think God is concerned about -- what we are on the outside or what we are on the inside?"  Since he asked, I answered out loud, "Both!"

Again, can't separate the two.  If you are what you claim to be then you will do what you should.  If you are on the inside what you should be, it will be reflected on the outside. 

Yep....

Wonderful...care to try an answer...

Mathew Ward said:
Frag said:

Yep....

Unproductive:  engaging in conversation with you.
Unseparated:  same

Frag said:
Mathew Ward said:
Frag said:

Yep....

Unproductive:  engaging in conversation with you.
Unseparated:  same

Typical sock sorter answer.

Mathew Ward said:
The Pharisee lives spiritually by his LIST; the Christian lives spiritually by his LIFE IN CHRIST .

But then you posted a list...

Pastor Marty said:
Mathew Ward said:
The Pharisee lives spiritually by his LIST; the Christian lives spiritually by his LIFE IN CHRIST .

But then you posted a list...

"Having lived many of my years as a Pharisee, there are times that I sadly act as a Pharisee and not as a Christian. This list is not directed at anyone in particular, but may you and I be encouraged to look at our own lives introspectively to determine where we are at and ask God to help us not to live in a Pharisaical way but in a Christ honoring way as a Christian."

All I did was take the list I used as a Pharisee and contrasted spiritual principles.

Frag said:

Yep....

DING - DING - DING ... Correct!

Frag said:
If you are on the inside what you should be, it will be reflected on the outside. 
Pastor Marty said:
DING - DING - DING ... Correct!

Those life reflections are funny things. They show everything. Eventually.