the power grid in hawaii....

aleshanee

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
people on the mainland are often confused when they hear about a natural disaster
knocking out power in hawaii.... or simply a power failure due to increased demand
... and see it takes hawaii many times longer to remedy such situations than it does

any city or state on the mainland..... this is a really good video made by an engineer
explaining the difference in hawaiis power grids and those in other places.... .and it;s
the first video of it;s kind i have ever seen .... i don;t understand everything he explains

and his pronunciation of hawaiian words is atrocious.. .. but it;s still a worthwhile study
... ... when you live in hawaii for any extended period of time and experience a wide
spread emergency you learn the true meaning of isolation.... a minimum of 3000 miles
of ocean in every direction.... and even in the jet age it;s not that easy to cross....

nightlightsonoahu.jpeg

Last edited:
That guy really knows his stuff. I've seen a bunch of his videos.

That guy really knows his stuff. I've seen a bunch of his videos.
i suscribe to his channel.... even though a lot of what he discusses goes over my head... . ...he;s easier to follow than most other experts in a scientific or engineering field explaining a concept.....