The Progressives in Town Don't Like Me

T-Bone

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
In our town the local progressive church is The Fountain's United Methodist Church...they don't care for me because of my biblical stand...but now a lady from there went too far and compared me with Spamderson.  Thought you might enjoy what she put in the editorial of the local paper...

Ann Schweers
The massacre in Orlando is tragic on so many levels. First there are the 50 dead and 53 injured folks who were shot for no reason other than they were born with an attraction to the same sex, which ?disgusted? the shooter.
How many church-going people and pastors from our small town have expressed similar opinions? Not only have they expressed disgust for gays and lesbians, but have also accused gays of being pedophiles, sinful and an abomination.
They have vocally and angrily feared for their children?s safety in bathrooms with transgender people. The Town Council even refused a proposal to ban discrimination against LGBTQ folks in public housing and employment by adding them to other already protected classes. Their reason: ?they didn?t have the resources to enforce such a law.?
The Orlando situation is made even more tragic because it is probable the Muslim shooter committed this horrific act because he himself was gay?filled with anger, self-loathing and an inability to deal with who he really was because of the condemnation and demonization of homosexuality by religious fundamentalists.
I believe those who have expressed anger and hatred toward the LGBTQ community are complicit in this tragedy! I think it?s nothing short of immoral for religious leaders to preach intolerance and hatred. The Baptist minister in Tempe who suggested that gays should be killed, our local Baptist minister who railed against transgender people and vowed to boycott Target, and those who criticize The Fountains for their inclusive teachings should be ashamed!
Jesus never taught hatred of anyone. He taught just the opposite by his example and his words, calling on us to ?judge not.?
In my opinion, we need to eradicate radical fundamentalism in all religions. Extremism breeds terrorism, scapegoating, division and hate speech. We must not tolerate it!

I also thought I would share with you my response...please note that the paper has a 300 word limit for opinions, so though I could have said more...I had to limit it...

In reference to Ann Schweers letter, where she blames everyone but the perpetrator for the recent mass shooting in Orlando, it is a little more than ironic that in a letter where she rants for everyone else to be tolerant, she concludes her letter with, ?We must not tolerate it.? 
Ms. Schweers is a prime example of those in the progressive movement who cannot comprehend that those who might have a difference of opinion concerning the LBGTQ issue, can be motivated by something other than hate, anger or fear.  The progressive cannot comprehend that there are those who believe in a literal Bible, one where God has set the standards for we humans.  That from a perspective of love we share our concerns concerning sinful behavior of all kinds.  That sin, which we are all guilty of, has separated us from God; but God in His great love and mercy sent His Son, Jesus, to redeem we sinners.  It is not from hate that we share this message, but from a place of love, out of concern for people?s eternal souls.  From there it is up to each individual how they chose to respond.
Today, those who continue to call for tolerance, don?t really mean tolerance, they mean all must accept and even celebrate every kind of perversion that people choose to do.  And if people don?t get onboard with being ?tolerant?, then they must be phobic or hateful.  The progressive approach to life, which has no source of objective truth, is ultimately destructive to society and the church, and people are certainly free to believe what they want.  As for me, I am not ashamed, nor will I be ashamed, to stand on the infallible Word of God and preach the saving, loving, Gospel to this sinful generation.

T-Bone said:
I also thought I would share with you my response...please note that the paper has a 300 word limit for opinions, so though I could have said more...I had to limit it...

In reference to Ann Schweers letter, where she blames everyone but the perpetrator for the recent mass shooting in Orlando, it is a little more than ironic that in a letter where she rants for everyone else to be tolerant, she concludes her letter with, ?We must not tolerate it.? 
Ms. Schweers is a prime example of those in the progressive movement who cannot comprehend that those who might have a difference of opinion concerning the LBGTQ issue, can be motivated by something other than hate, anger or fear.  The progressive cannot comprehend that there are those who believe in a literal Bible, one where God has set the standards for we humans.  That from a perspective of love we share our concerns concerning sinful behavior of all kinds.  That sin, which we are all guilty of, has separated us from God; but God in His great love and mercy sent His Son, Jesus, to redeem we sinners.  It is not from hate that we share this message, but from a place of love, out of concern for people?s eternal souls.  From there it is up to each individual how they chose to respond.
Today, those who continue to call for tolerance, don?t really mean tolerance, they mean all must accept and even celebrate every kind of perversion that people choose to do.  And if people don?t get onboard with being ?tolerant?, then they must be phobic or hateful.  The progressive approach to life, which has no source of objective truth, is ultimately destructive to society and the church, and people are certainly free to believe what they want.  As for me, I am not ashamed, nor will I be ashamed, to stand on the infallible Word of God and preach the saving, loving, Gospel to this sinful generation.

Well said!

Twisted said:
T-Bone said:

Well said!

Thank you!

T-Bone said:

More Christians need to personally express what you have written in their own words and deeds.

I think you should take her a nice loaf of homemade banana bread.  :)

I listen to a podcast out of Tempe, Apologia Radio. Seems like there is a lot of wackiness there. Not you T Bone, but others.

Recovering IFB said:
I listen to a podcast out of Tempe, Apologia Radio. Seems like there is a lot of wackiness there. Not you T Bone, but others.

There really is...it may be the heat!  Wackiness on both sides of the spectrum!