The "simple" Christ of the KJB.

praise_yeshua

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
1 Corinthians 11:3 KJB.

But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

I will be the first to say the "Christ Jesus" isn't "easily understood". Now granted, there some simple things that can be "easily gleaned" about Christ. Nevertheless, the things of Christ and the preaching of Christ isn't simple. In fact, it is rather complex and often confusing to those who haven't spent much time in study. Which, is entirely opposite of what the KJB teaches in 1 Corinthians 11:3.

Might I also add that Peter witnessed the complexity of the Gospel message when he spoke of Paul and his writings.

2 Peter 3:15. As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

The issue is both a translation and textual issue. However, the choice of some translators to use the word "simplicity" is rather confusing. :) Which one might say leads to a unequivocal oxymoron. (not a pimple ridden idiot)

At the very least, the KJB translator should have chosen the word "sincerity". In fact, they did on more than one occassion. What say you?