The slow bleedout continues

Just me

Elect
Reaction score
Heard some great news of more people who pulled their kids from WHBS and others who have left WHBC and moved on to a non cultic church!!

Bleedout is a good way to put it.

Here is some more interesting info:

On Sunday night they told everyone a few things about their finances:
1. They have mothballed the school building. Closed the doors, shut off all power and water - I don't expect it to ever be opened again
2. The bank gave them a 1 year reprieve on their loan payments and took $19,000 off per month! I mean geez 19k per month is what they took off. I can only imagine the full bill
3. They are going to reduce staff which means some will get fired and some will lose pay
4. They said that they are going to review their ministries and some they will cut back on and some they are going to stop altogether. (I predict this is the last year for the camp which sucks for the camp director as he and his family have put their heart and soul into getting that camp running.) Also means they probably will cut more bus routes or cut it out all together.
5. They put together a "committee" to review their ministries to see where they can save money. (Although some of the people in the committee know about money handling about as much as I know about rocket science)

I bet they "cut" missionaries but don't tell the church people so that they can use those funds for bills.

It's about to come apart at the seams

JustABigKid said:

1. They have mothballed the school building. Closed the doors, shut off all power and water - I don't expect it to ever be opened again
2. The bank gave them a 1 year reprieve on their loan payments and took $19,000 off per month! I mean geez 19k per month is what they took off. I can only imagine the full bill
3. They are going to reduce staff which means some will get fired and some will lose pay
4. They said that they are going to review their ministries and some they will cut back on and some they are going to stop altogether. (I predict this is the last year for the camp which sucks for the camp director as he and his family have put their heart and soul into getting that camp running.) Also means they probably will cut more bus routes or cut it out all together.
5. They put together a "committee" to review their ministries to see where they can save money. (Although some of the people in the committee know about money handling about as much as I know about rocket science)

I bet they "cut" missionaries but don't tell the church people so that they can use those funds for bills.

Apart at the seams for sure!!

I think it is about time for Tommy Boy to all the sudden be "called" back to the Ivory Coast.

Wait, he might not survive another beating if he returns. 

Nevermind

Citadel of Truth said:
Well I would think that means Vineyard has seen Israel for the last time.

I doubt that!!  Vineyard will still bleed the sheeple for his trips as well as the quarter million dollar home he lives in..  It is the subjects who must suffer not the royalty!!

.tim said:
So God doesn't always bless tithing ...

God is definitely blessing those who tithed...  with the destruciton of the Vineyard kingdom caled WHBC/OBC.

.tim said:
So God doesn't always bless tithing ...

God always blesses tithing, he doesn't bless the misuse of the tithes collected.

Citadel of Truth said:
Well I would think that means Vineyard has seen Israel for the last time.

A lot of Vineyard's funds for trips to Israel come from people outside of WHBC. He gets donations from other churches, pastors, and from private parties that he has convinced his efforts are worth while.

He is experienced at tapping into a funding source. Many of the members at WHBC would not give as much to special offerings to fund his trip after too many request time after time.

I think he seen the writing on the wall eight years ago and had milked the tithes all he could and brought the church to the point of bankruptcy so he called Tommy Boy (I mean God called Tommy Boy) home from the mission field.

His claim for resigning was he didn't have the energy to continue being pastor, so he left and started traveling around the country preaching (fund raising) and making many trips to Israel. All this travel is less exerting than being a pastor at a financially strapped church.

JustABigKid said:

Many of the missionaires have not recieved regular support for years. If you read the letters they used to put up in the hallway over time less were thanking for financial support and never listed the amount recieved like they used too. I always wondered why and find out because there was no financial support to be thankful for recieving.

I have talked to some missionaires and they said if they got a check from WHBC they would treat it as a bonus because it would only come once a year. This is straight out of the mouth of missionaires that are still on the field and some that have left for various reasons.

JustABigKid said:

Taking the 19K off each month basically means they will be making an interest only payment each month for 1 year.  The bank has done this several times past for WHBC.  The bank loves this because it just delays the inevitable and gets them money each month on property they know they will be foreclosing on in the future. 

That 19K off the monthly payment probably means they still owe well over 3 million to 3.5 million to the bank.  And once again nothing is going to principle!!!

Yes the bleedout continues

Just me said:
JustABigKid said:

Taking the 19K off each month basically means they will be making an interest only payment each month for 1 year.  The bank has done this several times past for WHBC.  The bank loves this because it just delays the inevitable and gets them money each month on property they know they will be foreclosing on in the future. 

That 19K off the monthly payment probably means they still owe well over 3 million to 3.5 million to the bank.  And once again nothing is going to principle!!!

Their current balance is roughly $3.7 million (rounded up to the nearest 100k).

TruthBearer said:
Just me said:
JustABigKid said:

When Tommy Boy took over it was around 3.3 million.   

The bank is loving him as the CEO.

This whole discussion makes me sad!!  What a waste!!  A waste of people's time, money, loyalties, and even lives.  Tom should have had enough character to not let the place he (and so many others) grew up a go down in flames. What a gross gross misuse of property and funds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just me said:
JustABigKid said:

If it is interest only payments he didn't bother telling the church that cause I think some people would not like that. I mean I could understand 1 month of interest only but a whole year!!!!! He thinks he is getting a break but really he is screwing them more.

RedRover01 said:
This whole discussion makes me sad!!  What a waste!!  A waste of people's time, money, loyalties, and even lives.  Tom should have had enough character to not let the place he (and so many others) grew up a go down in flames. What a gross gross misuse of property and funds.

So true RedRover01, so true.

But I am amused that God is allowing JAV to live long enough to watch his little empire slowly go down the tubes. 

Just me said:
TruthBearer said:
Just me said:
JustABigKid said:

When Tommy Boy took over it was around 3.3 million.   

The bank is loving him as the CEO.

At this rate he will have it paid off in about 75 years.

Just me said:
Heard some great news of more people who pulled their kids from WHBS and others who have left WHBC and moved on to a non cultic church!!

There is only one person at the school now and all they are there for is to issue students transcripts.

It appears WHBS will be officially closed and not open this coming fall for the 2014 - 2015 school year.

TruthBearer said:
Just me said:

There is only one person at the school now and all they are there for is to issue students transcripts.

It appears WHBS will be officially closed and not open this coming fall for the 2014 - 2015 school year.

Rest in peace bulldogs.  Rest in peace.

TruthBearer said:
Just me said:

But it is summer; isn't is normal for there to be nobody there?

Walt said:
TruthBearer said:
Just me said:

But it is summer; isn't is normal for there to be nobody there?

No this is not normal.  They always have had a secratary there in the school office for the entire Summer and the building has always been open all Summer also.  The principle also was there all Summer long in the office and available for what ever was needed. 

And they usually had to run a remedial Summer school for many students.  I do not remember a year where they did not have the remedial class running.

This is definitely not the norm