The slow bleedout continues

Just me said:
Walt said:
TruthBearer said:
Just me said:
Heard some great news of more people who pulled their kids from WHBS and others who have left WHBC and moved on to a non cultic church!!

There is only one person at the school now and all they are there for is to issue students transcripts.

It appears WHBS will be officially closed and not open this coming fall for the 2014 - 2015 school year.

But it is summer; isn't is normal for there to be nobody there?

No this is not normal.  They always have had a secratary there in the school office for the entire Summer and the building has always been open all Summer also.  The principle also was there all Summer long in the office and available for what ever was needed. 

And they usually had to run a remedial Summer school for many students.  I do not remember a year where they did not have the remedial class running.

This is definitely not the norm

From what I know they apparently have suprisingly about 60 kids from k-3 through 12th signed up for this next year. Now that might changed by August but that was the recent numbers.

JustABigKid said:
Just me said:
Walt said:
TruthBearer said:
Just me said:
Heard some great news of more people who pulled their kids from WHBS and others who have left WHBC and moved on to a non cultic church!!

There is only one person at the school now and all they are there for is to issue students transcripts.

It appears WHBS will be officially closed and not open this coming fall for the 2014 - 2015 school year.

No this is not normal.  They always have had a secratary there in the school office for the entire Summer and the building has always been open all Summer also.  The principle also was there all Summer long in the office and available for what ever was needed. 

And they usually had to run a remedial Summer school for many students.  I do not remember a year where they did not have the remedial class running.

From what I know they apparently have suprisingly about 60 kids from k-3 through 12th signed up for this next year. Now that might changed by August but that was the recent numbers.

60 for next year.  Might be typical misinformation or it might even be true.  Either way that number is one third of what they ran just last year.  The school will no  longer be able to bail out the church financially with just those numbers.

Just me said:
Walt said:
TruthBearer said:
Just me said:

They also had teachers fix up their rooms for the next year for part of the summer and here in a few weeks they would start football practice so the coaches would be there too.

There was always several people at the school especially the principal to answer question from prospective students in the following school year.

Now there is only one person and they are not answering phones per se they are just passing out transcripts of "former" students preparing to go to another school.

There may be that many for this coming school year yet remember many students in the elementary are the students from families that are of  different nationality. These students are ONLY there for a better education and once they find out that their kids will be taught via video or ACE I am sure they will be searching for an alternative.

theretoolong said:
There may be that many for this coming school year yet remember many students in the elementary are the students from families that are of  different nationality. These students are ONLY there for a better education and once they find out that their kids will be taught via video or ACE I am sure they will be searching for an alternative.

Good point.  It will be very interesting to see it play out.

Slow bleedouts work that way

Interesting that when Caleb Garraway was a student (at the same time Michael Shaver/Jessse "Jackson" Stone/Joel McCarty/Jonathan Magis/Tatiyana Rupe/Justin Waters) that was the last great run OBC had as they were on fire. They stayed on fire for a brief period of time in the early 2010's but once Caleb and Katie got married, OBC started to slip. Many of the good folks were hoping Caleb would stay on staff and become the Young Adults pastor or a teacher at the College or even take over the reigns from Tommy Boy since he worshiped the Vineyards and they thought so much of him. But God had a different calling for Caleb as he set out to become a traveling Evangelist and is one of the most sought after speakers on the IFB Youth Conference/Pastor's School circuit. I know it devastated him when Jim passed and the fact that his beloved OBC isn't there anymore but he's carrying on the legacy of OBC/WHBC and the Vineyards while "Pulling America".