There is no "God of the Bible"

Certainly the son of an english prof would know that AM is a "being" verb. The purposeful ignorance of one trying to sound so wise is astounding.
Certainly a Christian should interpret Scripture based on its context rather than the English grammar that hadn't even been formed at the time it was written. ;)

So the worship of Allah is the same as the worship of Jehovah?
In now way, and I'm sure you know this already. It's sad to know that you've gone this far from your Christian background.

Or perhaps there is other hermeneutic to interpret that statement in context of Judaism. ;)

Since the author of the article linked depends upon a hermeneutic that references Moses’ meaning of “the way” being about behavior that leads to salvation, do you think that Moses was arguing for the inclusivity and syncretism of all religions and gods, so long as the religious adherent practiced the golden rule? I wonder if this is how the Jews interpreted and Moses intended the Shema. Just a thought.😎

Certainly a Christian should interpret Scripture based on its context rather than the English grammar that hadn't even been formed at the time it was written. ;)
As if the Eternal timeless God of the Bible did not know that English speaking men would interpret "Am" as a being verb. Context is eternal also. He is a Supernatural Eternal Being. In fact if there ever was a being He is the ultimate of all beings in that all time is the present time in God's time. He is being in our past. He is being now. And He is being in our future.

Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Philippians 2:6-8

I think you have done justice to the ontological argument for the existence of God in very few words. I say this because I have been looking into St. Anselm (and others) because of a study you have inspired. I am hoping to publish the results of this study on my blog soon. Indeed, you have just inspired another idea for an article for my blog.

I find that any argument for the existence of God to be full of holes. This is why I decline to argue for His existence anymore. Because ultimately, it comes down to where one is going to put his faith. I have no problem with placing atheistic/naturalistic arguments against God on the same plain as arguments for Him. This is because NO ONE is ever going to prove their position. ALL arguments whether for or against have holes in them. Instead, I'll fall back on Hebrews 11:6 : And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who approaches Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him.

If I am mistaken in this, I'll never figure it out because I won't be around to say, "I was wrong." Take note: this IS NOT my rationale for choosing to believe in God. It is my rationale for not arguing for His existence.
In your research for the ontological argument, here is a critique of that argument, particularly as it (ontological argument) is laid out by Descartes. Not supporting this critique/argument but critique of any discipline should be at least initially acknowledged, even if it eventually becomes rejected.

The God of your imagination is literally imaginary. Amazing how much verbiage you waste evangelizing for your personal daydreams.

Attachments

• 20240224_182947.jpg
    20240224_182947.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
Interesting use of the word Adonai instead of Yahweh in that translation. Any reason they switched the English translation?