There Shall Be Wailing....

Twisted

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
https://www.reviveuspublications.org/should-fundamental-churches-associate-with-southern-baptists?

Well there was no bias generalizations in that hit piece. Way to much garbage and unknowable tripe to be taken seriously. The author doesn't even seem to know that there is no hierarchy in the SBC, and that our churches are local and autonomous. Just another ignorant rant from someone who uses broad brush meaningless statement concerning that which he knows nothing about.

Twisted said:
https://www.reviveuspublications.org/should-fundamental-churches-associate-with-southern-baptists?

When the pond grows smaller and smaller...minnows appear larger than that actually are....
This particular minnow is clueless about his subject matter. Clueless is diplomatic speak for stupid.

Baptist City Holdout said:
Bob Jones, Sr. left the SBC. Guess I missed that movie.

You point out yet another illustration that this guy, a leader of IFB fundamentalism...with Schaap, Boys, Saluter/Salter, Gray and Grey is clueless*.

*stupid.

Twisted said:

1. Denominations are not Scriptural.
The Southern Baptist Convention is a denomination. According to the Bible all churches were local and autonomous. Nowhere in Scripture is there any indication of a regional, state or national hierarchy. The money collected by the state associations supports the liberal agenda of many of their colleges.

NEITHER ARE CHURCH BUILDINGS AND MISSION BOARDS! LOLOLOLOL

2. Members of the SBC are identified with liberal professors in their colleges and seminaries.
The Bible teaches us in 2 Corinthians 6:14,?Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?"

You have the dictionary on the definition of liberal. Gives you no cred!

3. A growing number of SBC pastors speak in tongues.
This unscriptural practice is leading many people astray and should be exposed as heresy.

WHO AND WHERE........ I know zero that do! Zero! If they did where I live they would be voted out of local association immediately!

4. The leaders of the convention refuse to oust liberal professors and pastors which make them collaborators of the compromise.
Their goal is not to purge the convention entirely of theological liberalism but to achieve ?parity? between the ?moderates? and the ?conservatives.?

AGAIN YOU GET TO DECIDE THE DEFINITION OF LIBERAL! TOTALLY SUBJECTIVE!

5. They have pastors who advocate drinking and most promote contemporary rock music.
Their repudiation of separatism leaves the door open for a worldly culture that mimics the sinful culture of the day.?Love not the world, neither the things that arein the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.? - 1 John 2:15 

OK!!

6. The SBC is ecumenical.
?The convention is one of the chief members of the radically liberal National Council of Churches and the World Council of Churches. They have no problem associating with rank liberals for special meetings and conferences.

You are a 100% liar and you are bearing false witness!

7. Worldliness is rampant.
Though there are godly Southern Baptists, the homes of the average church members are too often filled with rock music, immodest dress, R-rated videos, cohabitation and many other marks of a gross love of the world.

WORLDLINESS IS SUBJECTIVE! I have a  young man in my church who grew up Pentacostal and his pastor taught him wearing suits and ties were the fashion of the world.  Men could only wear blue/black pants and white long sleeve shirts because they were more godly than you! LOLOLOLOLOL

8. Southern Baptists are at the forefront of promoting the modern day church growth philosophies. 
The church growth movement promotes the use of worldly music, immodest dress. Eventually the method becomes the message; you can stay in your sin with no need of repentance. The next generation of compromise has no truth to develop a true commitment to Jesus Christ. The fruit of compromise always results in death. Just consider the result of the main line denominations. They are dead and no longer preach the truth, with very few exceptions. This path of compromise leads to death. Why would a Fundamental Baptist choose a road that leads to death?

Most SBC pastors that I know despise the number church growth movement. Period! Hate it. Focus is on discipleship and evangelism!

9. This is a continuation of the compromise birthed in the 1940?s by Harold Ockenga and other leaders of that time.
Harold Ockenga, who claimed to have coined the term ?neo-evangelical,? defined the philosophy of this movement as follows: ?Neo-evangelicalism was born in 1948 in connection with a convocation address which I gave in the Civic Auditorium in Pasadena. ... The ringing call for A REPUDIATION OF SEPARATISM AND THE SUMMONS TO SOCIAL INVOLVEMENT received a hearty response from many evangelicals. Neo-evangelicalism is DIFFERENT FROM FUNDAMENTALISM IN ITS REPUDIATION OF SEPARATISM AND ITS DETERMINATION TO ENGAGE ITSELF IN THE THEOLOGICAL DIALOGUE OF THE DAY? (Harold J. Ockenga, foreword to Harold Lindsell?s book The Battle for the Bible).

Why would a Bible believing Christian want to associate with such compromise? If your church is associating with Southern Baptists beware of the consequences. ?Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump??(1 Cor. 5:6).

This guy needs to sue his brain for non support and get out of the bubble he lives in! This is false witness and spiritual incompetence at its best!

Item 6 - I agree that the World Council of Churches and National Council of Churches are "radically liberal" and that we should separate from all WCC and NCC member denominations.  However, a check of the current WCC and NCC membership lists shows that the SBC is not currently listed in either organization.  To the best of my knowledge, the SBC has never been affiliated with the WCC or NCC.  The SBC was affiliated with the ecumenical Baptist World Alliance but they pulled out of the BWA in 2004.  I am not an apologist for the SBC, but this author loses credibility when he makes accusations that are not true.

Escapee said:
Twisted said:

The Southern Baptist Convention is a denomination. According to the Bible all churches were local and autonomous. Nowhere in Scripture is there any indication of a regional, state or national hierarchy. The money collected by the state associations supports the liberal agenda of many of their colleges.

2. Members of the SBC are identified with liberal professors in their colleges and seminaries.
The Bible teaches us in 2 Corinthians 6:14,?Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?"

This unscriptural practice is leading many people astray and should be exposed as heresy.

WHO AND WHERE........ I know zero that do! Zero! If they did where I live they would be voted out of local association immediately!

4. The leaders of the convention refuse to oust liberal professors and pastors which make them collaborators of the compromise.
Their goal is not to purge the convention entirely of theological liberalism but to achieve ?parity? between the ?moderates? and the ?conservatives.?

5. They have pastors who advocate drinking and most promote contemporary rock music.
Their repudiation of separatism leaves the door open for a worldly culture that mimics the sinful culture of the day.?Love not the world, neither the things that arein the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.? - 1 John 2:15 

OK!!

?The convention is one of the chief members of the radically liberal National Council of Churches and the World Council of Churches. They have no problem associating with rank liberals for special meetings and conferences.

Though there are godly Southern Baptists, the homes of the average church members are too often filled with rock music, immodest dress, R-rated videos, cohabitation and many other marks of a gross love of the world.

WORLDLINESS IS SUBJECTIVE! I have a  young man in my church who grew up Pentacostal and his pastor taught him wearing suits and ties were the fashion of the world.  Men could only wear blue/black pants and white long sleeve shirts because they were more godly than you! LOLOLOLOLOL

8. Southern Baptists are at the forefront of promoting the modern day church growth philosophies. 
The church growth movement promotes the use of worldly music, immodest dress. Eventually the method becomes the message; you can stay in your sin with no need of repentance. The next generation of compromise has no truth to develop a true commitment to Jesus Christ. The fruit of compromise always results in death. Just consider the result of the main line denominations. They are dead and no longer preach the truth, with very few exceptions. This path of compromise leads to death. Why would a Fundamental Baptist choose a road that leads to death?

Most SBC pastors that I know despise the number church growth movement. Period! Hate it. Focus is on discipleship and evangelism!

9. This is a continuation of the compromise birthed in the 1940?s by Harold Ockenga and other leaders of that time.
Harold Ockenga, who claimed to have coined the term ?neo-evangelical,? defined the philosophy of this movement as follows: ?Neo-evangelicalism was born in 1948 in connection with a convocation address which I gave in the Civic Auditorium in Pasadena. ... The ringing call for A REPUDIATION OF SEPARATISM AND THE SUMMONS TO SOCIAL INVOLVEMENT received a hearty response from many evangelicals. Neo-evangelicalism is DIFFERENT FROM FUNDAMENTALISM IN ITS REPUDIATION OF SEPARATISM AND ITS DETERMINATION TO ENGAGE ITSELF IN THE THEOLOGICAL DIALOGUE OF THE DAY? (Harold J. Ockenga, foreword to Harold Lindsell?s book The Battle for the Bible).

Why would a Bible believing Christian want to associate with such compromise? If your church is associating with Southern Baptists beware of the consequences. ?Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump??(1 Cor. 5:6).

This guy needs to sue his brain for non support and get out of the bubble he lives in! This is false witness and spiritual incompetence at its best!

He probably has continuationism confused with charismaticism. Continuationism is merely the belief that tongues did not cease but if they are practised, it must be scriptural and not as Charismatics do. 

brianb said:
Escapee said:
Twisted said:

OK!!

He probably has continuationism confused with charismaticism. Continuationism is merely the belief that tongues did not cease but if they are practised, it must be scriptural and not as Charismatics do.

You are being gracious and giving the author the benefit of the doubt.
In reality he is clueless as to the SBC and how their churches function.
The article would be more accurate if it had been written in 1962...which is where many like him believe us to be