Things I've Learned on the FFF!

Tarheel Baptist

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
That obfuscation and bitterness do exist, they never exist in the lives of ex-fundys or people arguing with Alayman on the FFF.

That The IFB movement, while showing all of the signs of decline by their own standards, is not in decline, just out soul winning.  :)

That Frag confuses embalming with soul winning.

Liberty is the greatest college on the planet.  Don't believe me?  Just ask any alumnus.  Don't, however, point out any criticism about them or you will be demonized in such a manner that even Goebbels would have been proud.

That "Fighting Fundamental Forums" is owned by neither a "fighter" nor a "fundamentalist." :D

FSSL said:
That "Fighting Fundamental Forums" is owned by neither a "fighter" nor a "fundamentalist." :D

Unless you buy into the conspiracy theory....Marty Braemer is both!  :)

That Liberty University is a sham diploma mill.
Can anything good come out of Lynchburg?

That Paul was actually a leader in the Gnostic Movement.
Really!  ;)

Tarheel Baptist said:
FSSL said:

LOL!! Well then... I will not disappoint... I changed my profile :D

Tarheel Baptist said:
FSSL said:

Actually I think Guy is the man behind the curtain.

LOL.

Speaking of TRB, does anyone read his tweets? Sometimes all I can say is wow. Just wow.

:)

HeDied4U said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
FSSL said:

Actually I think Guy is the man behind the curtain.

LOL.

Speaking of TRB, does anyone read his tweets? Sometimes all I can say is wow. Just wow.

:)

I read his FB posts, they must not be as controversial. I admit a few times I do shake my head, but for the most part he's pretty tame.

I learned that my bringing the sermon today in service, I was violating the prescribed order of worship given in Scripture. Nobody knows where, but somewhere...or so I'm told!  :)

Tarheel Baptist said:
I learned that my bringing the sermon today in service, I was violating the prescribed order of worship given in Scripture. Nobody knows where, but somewhere...or so I'm told!  :)

No, no, no.  You were FOLLOWING the prescribed order of worship given in Scripture.  Nobody knows where, but it's somewhere.  That's what preachers who do it tell me. 

The Rogue Tomato said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

No, no, no.  You were FOLLOWING the prescribed order of worship given in Scripture.  Nobody knows where, but it's somewhere.  That's what preachers who do it tell me.

I was following the NT pattern*.....God gave teachers, pastors....for the equipping of the saints for the work of the ministry.

*a pattern is practice that was established, illustrated, practiced, encouraged and commanded throughout the NT.
    ;)

I've learned that IFB's, no matter what they do or say, are wrong!

I've learned that Southern Baptists, no matter what they do or say, are always liberal compromisers...and therefore, always wrong.

I've learned that when IFB's compromise they quit the bus ministry and resort to 'positive' sermons!  :eek:

Tarheel Baptist said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

I was following the NT pattern*.....God gave teachers, pastors....for the equipping of the saints for the work of the ministry.

*a pattern is practice that was established, illustrated, practiced, encouraged and commanded throughout the NT.
    ;)

"God gave teachers, pastors....for the equipping of the saints for the work of the ministry"

Very good.  Now show me where it says only one teacher should teach/preach, and it's supposed to be to a crowd of pew-sitters expected to be silent.  I'm sure that's in the Bible somewhere.  At least that's what pastors/preachers tell me.