Third Monday of March

Baptist City Holdout

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
One has to wonder if the third Monday of March even stands out to many. It was the first day of Pastors' School from the 60's until ten years ago. 2011 was the last. It had already been scheduled to be such before the fall of Schaap.
Now to some the whole the by is one big nightmare that lingers. Every so often the wound is rubbed, salt poured in and the IFB mess festers again.
Can't even say it was a good run

One has to wonder if the third Monday of March even stands out to many. It was the first day of Pastors' School from the 60's until ten years ago. 2011 was the last. It had already been scheduled to be such before the fall of Schaap.
Now to some the whole the by is one big nightmare that lingers. Every so often the wound is rubbed, salt poured in and the IFB mess festers again.
Can't even say it was a good run
I attended Pastors School in the 80’s and as a young, novice Pastor had very mixed feelings about it. I had not been exposed to that side of fundamentalism before and the evident self promotion and the over emphasis on ‘standards’ did give me pause. I enjoyed some of what I experienced and the fellowship with those I traveled with, but left without being ‘converted’.

I use the NKJV only because it is relatively, modern English.
I no longer use the KJV because people will look at me as if I were stupid if I said "thee" and "thou" in everyday speech.
I no longer say that the KJV is the "perfect Word of God for English Speaking" people. OBC taught us that nonsense!
Best of all, I know I how to use Greek grammar to study the Majority Text. The truth is in the Majority Text and the Hebrew Bible,
not the KJV. No apologies to those IFB extremists.
Learn Biblical Greek and Biblical Hebrew. It is a good investment of time!

I use the NKJV only because it is relatively, modern English.
I no longer use the KJV because people will look at me as if I were stupid if I said "thee" and "thou" in everyday speech.
I no longer say that the KJV is the "perfect Word of God for English Speaking" people. OBC taught us that nonsense!
Best of all, I know I how to use Greek grammar to study the Majority Text. The truth is in the Majority Text and the Hebrew Bible,
not the KJV. No apologies to those IFB extremists.
Learn Biblical Greek and Biblical Hebrew. It is a good investment of time!
Ricky-Gervais.gif

I attended Pastors School in the 80’s and as a young, novice Pastor had very mixed feelings about it. I had not been exposed to that side of fundamentalism before and the evident self promotion and the over emphasis on ‘standards’ did give me pause. I enjoyed some of what I experienced and the fellowship with those I traveled with, but left without being ‘converted’.
Sounds wise. I never had the desire to go because I saw what the people were like who went and bought into it.

Stinkin' Liberal Deadbeat

I celebrate this day by going mixed bathing.
While in a hot tub on a cruise I had a conversation with a Mormon about their pet peeves and those of Baptists. They don't do caffeine but do dance. Evidently they do mixed bathing because he had never heard of the term and got a chuckle out of it.

While in a hot tub on a cruise I had a conversation with a Mormon about their pet peeves and those of Baptists. They don't do caffeine but do dance. Evidently they do mixed bathing because he had never heard of the term and got a chuckle out of it.
So you're in a hot tub with a Mormon?
That's a visual I don't need!

How many of his wives were with him (and you)?