Throwback Thursday OBC Edition

AlvinMartinezVoice

Elect
Reaction score
The promotional video made in 2008 by Joel McCarty and Caleb Garraway. Garraway serves as the narrator while McCarty went WAY......to the left and is a hipster/tattoo/megachurch pastor.

Part 1

Features Michael Shaver "street preaching" (Shaver remained loyal to the Vineyards/IFB and preaches in his father's church.

At 2:35 we see the infamous student who was dubbed "Yosemite Sam" because of how fast he talked. The old OBC website featured longer clips of he and Shaver preaching and the infamous boy who yelled "SAVED" and did a cart wheel on the stage nearly breaking his neck.

Both parts 1 & 2 have nice clips of mission trips over seas with part 2 emphasizing a foreign deaf ministry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlCQ35dHINI

Part 2 features:

The OBC Music program and how important it is as a tool to feed the soul before worship. Also get to see the only instruments allowed in WHBC/IFB churches. Pianos and fiddles and wood instruments.
(Van Manen really built that program from the ground up despite Vineyard being against it immidiatley).

Also features the OBC melodies and the Ambassador Quartet which at the time featured Garraway and Shaver (Garraway has been used as a guest vocalist for Alvin Martinez and sang background vocals on his records.)

An emphasis on Student teaching at WHBS .

Emphasis on the Bus ministry.

2:34 Garraway puts a heavy emphasis on training the deaf in "Fundamental Baptist College Studies".

Emphasis on SOUL winning and the Valentine's and Christmas Banquets.

Video then has short messages from Tom Vineyard/Joe "Mickey" Finn/Bob Ross on how important OBC is and Tom Craighead mentions how it prepared him for ministry.

Video concludes with early to mid 2000's preacher boys and a final message from Garraway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R79eJsLYMU8

Saved by Grace said:
oh the memories .....where did you find this stuff ?

It's on YouTube.

Everything is on YouTube.

The video of your birth is on there too, no doubt.

I miss the old website that had tons of videos including a Christmas chorus where Garraway/Shaver/A Female Student/McCarty/and future bodybuilder Jesse Jackson sang.

There was also a comedy news style video where Garraway and McCarty were hosts and they combines the preacher boy who did a cart wheel on stage with American Idol clips.

There was a much longer promo video similar to the YouTube promo clips but had extended clips of "Preacher Boys From the Past" and even had a clip of Jesse Jackson and Caleb Garraway preaching.

Another video had a spoof of Deaf Pastor Justin Waters as Tiger Woods while McCarty, Justin Geiss, John Magas played golf with Bob Ross.

There was also a video of the old camp ground where the OBC students went and the watermelon seed spitting contest, pumpkin carving, and Ross showing you how to cook Jalapeno Cheese Poppers.

Also the old church wesbite used to have videos dating back to the mid 2000's and there was Youth Conference night where Tony Keeton preached, led the church in Youth songs while the kids were on stage and two high school kids preached as future "Preacher Boys" but they were too monotone that Tom Vineyard got up on stage and cut them off and went to the offering and then Keeton preaching.

Tom V cutting someone off for being mono tone.......i dont remember any of this ....that is a funny thought though

Saved by Grace said:
Tom V cutting someone off for being mono tone.......i dont remember any of this ....that is a funny thought though

It is very hard remembering events that did not happen.

Remember Alvin is just a troll

Someone posted the video of the preacher flipping out on stage. You can see a young Jesse Jackson on the far right waiting for his turn to preach. As for the young man who flipped over on stage, he probably got an extra pat on the back from the Vineyards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAd66AvbF7A

Looking at those seats on the platform I would say Tommy Boy and the gang are showing their feminine side.

Must be trying to get off of that Hate List the have been on for years.

I'm sure that preacher boy slipping out was enough for Jesse Jackson to go "mainstream". I bet "Tommy Boy" as you call him wasn't found of his "worldly ideas" and he and Jimmy V still hold grudges when people leave the flock. That time period of early 2000 to about 2013-14 was one of the Golden Ages for OBC. It produced the great evangelist Caleb Garraway, preacher and vocalist John Shaver, Deaf Pastor Justin Waters, Justin Geiss and James Magas who remained loyal to IFB but left WHBC and hold real jobs in the "real world". The lovely Tatyana Rupe who left to join the Hillsong crowd, the "Yosemite Sam" preacher boy, Joel McCarty who left to become a seeker sensitive pastor who uses Groeschel's "Sermons" on satellite campuses, and of course professional body builder Jesse Jackson who wouldn't nepotism from Ross  get him a pastoral job in IFB churches. He was a rebel and denounced the Vineyards and now studies under false teachers Keith Craft and Carl Lentz.

AlvinMartinezVoice said:
I'm sure that preacher boy slipping out was enough for Jesse Jackson to go "mainstream". I bet "Tommy Boy" as you call him wasn't found of his "worldly ideas" and he and Jimmy V still hold grudges when people leave the flock. That time period of early 2000 to about 2013-14 was one of the Golden Ages for OBC. It produced the great evangelist Caleb Garraway, preacher and vocalist John Shaver, Deaf Pastor Justin Waters, Justin Geiss and James Magas who remained loyal to IFB but left WHBC and hold real jobs in the "real world". The lovely Tatyana Rupe who left to join the Hillsong crowd, the "Yosemite Sam" preacher boy, Joel McCarty who left to become a seeker sensitive pastor who uses Groeschel's "Sermons" on satellite campuses, and of course professional body builder Jesse Jackson who wouldn't nepotism from Ross  get him a pastoral job in IFB churches. He was a rebel and denounced the Vineyards and now studies under false teachers Keith Craft and Carl Lentz.

Alvin is sounding so envious of these guys

Be curious to know what happened to the "Yosemite Sam" preacher boy and the preacher boy who flipped on the stage and nearly broke his neck. I bet 'ole Vineyard was glad to know the boy didn't break his neck as there might be a lawsuit and Hyles wasn't a live at the time to get him out of it. Wonder if those preacher boys remained loyal to the IFB movement or did they go "mainstream" like Jesse Jackson and Joel McCarty.

Saved by Grace said:
I know that guy but the video title is misleading :) lol

Be curious to know what happened to him as well. Is he an IFB preacher or did he pull a Jesse Jackson and Joel McCarty and go "Mainstream" and crossover to secular-seeker sensitive crowd.

AlvinMartinezVoice said:
Saved by Grace said:

Be curious to know what happened to him as well. Is he an IFB preacher or did he pull a Jesse Jackson and Joel McCarty and go "Mainstream" and crossover to secular-seeker sensitive crowd.

Jesse Jackson is a civil rights activist.

TheRealJonStewart said:
AlvinMartinezVoice said:
Saved by Grace said:

Jesse Jackson is a civil rights activist.

He and another OBC alum are working in a another KJV church in OKC area. TO my knowledge they have not went "mainstream" but they also havnt "stayed true " to WHBC. That whole group keeps a low profile probably to avoid people like Alvin is my guess.

As long as they keep the IFB standards and remain loyal as well as loyal to the Vineyards like Caleb Garraway and Michael Shaver have.

Would love to know what happened to the Yosemite Sam style preacher boy who was featured in the first video. The old OBC website had extended clips of the preacher boys preaching and he sounded just like Yosemite Sam and there was footage of Jesse Jackson as a preacher boy before he took up bodybuilding and left the Vineyards to go seeker sensitive.

Those were good days and I remember those youngins. Glad to see Caleb and Michael Shaver are doing well in the ministry.

TommyBoy said:
Those were good days and I remember those youngins. Glad to see Caleb and Michael Shaver are doing well in the ministry.

If you are going to imitate Tommy Boy at least use words and sentences that would come even close to how he speaks.

Love the videos posted. "The fire that was burning in the hearts of young preacher boys three decades ago is still burning strong today". Thanks Caleb.

Thank God Jim Vineyard isn't alive to see out new President and that former OBC students voted for him.

But like Tommy V says in the video "The hearts of preacher boys that was on fire over three decades ago is still burning hot today." Caleb Garraway who narrated the videos needs to get on his campaign trail and "Pull America" with his resources because his former classmate Jesse Jackson (Stone) voted for Biden because now he's a seeker sensitive liberal who worships under false teacher Keith Craft.

Wonder what Bro Finn thinks about out new liberal anti-American/pro Marxist/pro BLM/pro abortion/pro homeless bum/pro welfare/pro feminist Joe Biden.