To all those who have left....

JustABigKid

Elect
Reaction score
I would like to make a plea to all those that have left and know the truth please do not let JAV or Tommy keep you from telling the truth and warning others still there. They need to know what is really going on. I applaud you for leaving as I know that it is not easy to do but please there are a lot of good people that have been duped to believing a lie and need to hear the truth.

If more and more people start talking to their friends about the truth then maybe more will or enough pressure will be put to get Tom out of there.

JustABigKid said:
I would like to make a plea to all those that have left and know the truth please do not let JAV or Tommy keep you from telling the truth and warning others still there. They need to know what is really going on. I applaud you for leaving as I know that it is not easy to do but please there are a lot of good people that have been duped to believing a lie and need to hear the truth.

If more and more people start talking to their friends about the truth then maybe more will or enough pressure will be put to get Tom out of there.

I totally agree with you and your plea.

Unfortunately, those who remain are programmed not to talk with those who have left the compound.  Those who have left are bitter Christinas who have left for the wrong reaasons.  As good Christians standing up for right and truth those remaining should shun them until they see the error of their ways and come back into the fold.  They are told to not be unequally yoked with those who have left and turned their backs on WHBC and preacher.

Although you and I see the stupidity of that line of thinking, none the less, it is how those inside the walls are programmed, as you well know.  That is why this whole process takes so long and people have to have their eyes opened one pair at a time and individual by individual.

Fortunately Tom's sexual misconduct of late has caused a large departure from the fold to occur at once.  This is not the norm though but I am sure several of those remaining are starting to have their eyes opened to the truth of WHBC Pastoral leadership.

This Forum is read and helps people to see true Christianity is not what occurs inside the walls of that place.

JustABigKid said:

I'm late to this party and just seeing this. Could you be so kind as to tell the forum members the truth and warn us what is happening?

TIA

Honey Badger said:
JustABigKid said:

I'm late to this party and just seeing this. Could you be so kind as to tell the forum members the truth and warn us what is happening?

TIA

To sum it up. Some staff members at WHBC/OBC confronted Tom with 14 allegations of sexual misconduct, he was asked to stepped down and refused, over 30 families have left WHBC, WHBS is only at maybe 60 in attendance for the fall and has to be housed in the college wing, the college will be lucky to have 5 students, and of course Tom is denying it and acting like there is no problem and it is all a coincidence.

JustABigKid said:
To sum it up. Some staff members at WHBC/OBC confronted Tom with 14 allegations of sexual misconduct, he was asked to stepped down and refused, over 30 families have left WHBC, WHBS is only at maybe 60 in attendance for the fall and has to be housed in the college wing, the college will be lucky to have 5 students, and of course Tom is denying it and acting like there is no problem and it is all a coincidence.

What kind of sexual misconduct?  Was the confrontation done privately or in front of the church?  Are those who made the allegations still there?  Were the police involved in any of this?

IFB X-Files said:
JustABigKid said:

What kind of sexual misconduct?  Depends upon who you believe.  Tommy Boy or the 14 or so women.

Was the confrontation done privately or in front of the church?  Initially two if his staff men came to him with the documentation and then ask for him to resign. He said no way and it eventually made it before the church.  Sort of.

Are those who made the allegations still there?    I doubt it but I do not personally know.  

Were the police involved in any of this?  Yes, I beleive they currently are.

AmazedbyGrace said:
Did Tom Vineyard sexually abuse  any minors?

It does not appear that he has otherwise the police would have arrested him. The two men that confronted him had copies of the evidence from the 14 women.

If a minor was involved the police would have had the copies and confronted him. From what is known so far the only legal action that can be taken is a civil suit, no criminal activity has come to light. Immoral and inappropriate but not criminal.

Although we have not heard the last of this. Tommy Boy has made more enemies than friends since coming back from Africa to hide behind (or under) his mom's skirt after getting his head smashed.

TruthBearer said:
...so far the only legal action that can be taken is a civil suit, no criminal activity has come to light. Immoral and inappropriate but not criminal.

If he, as a pastor, used his position of trusted authority and confidant to seduce or manipulate even adult ladies, that is certainly criminal. Not sure if it's a felony or a misdemeanor; but it most definitely is a crime.

That is one of the things that tripped up JS, besides crossing state lines.

He could have legally carried on with a 16 year-old in Indiana as 16 is the age of consent, however it is not legal to carry on with someone when you're an authority figure. There is a law that covers that in Indiana, Don't know about Oklahoma.

bgwilkinson said:

He could have legally carried on with a 16 year-old in Indiana as 16 is the age of consent, however it is not legal to carry on with someone when you're an authority figure. There is a law that covers that in Indiana, Don't know about Oklahoma.

The law is specific about what the authority is in Indiana. Pastor is not mentioned in the subsections. School administrator is, if the victim attends, but she was already expelled by then.  The only thing under Indiana law he could have been charged with would be exploitation for the photos. The law does change July 1, but unfortunately does not mention Pastor, Priest,  etc.

bgwilkinson said:

What tripped up JS was the 16 year old he had sex with was from a different state where the age of consent was older than 16, not because he was an authority figure. Since he crossed state lines that made it worse for him.

If someone is an authority figure AND a pubic servant like a policeman or school teacher then it is a criminal offence.

TruthBearer said:
What tripped up JS was the 16 year old he had sex with was from a different state where the age of consent was older than 16, not because he was an authority figure. Since he crossed state lines that made it worse for him.

If someone is an authority figure AND a pubic servant like a policeman or school teacher then it is a criminal offence.

She was a resident of Indiana. Lived in unincorporated Crown Point.

bgwilkinson said:
Believe whatever you want to believe.

Law is very specific: http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/code/title35/ar42/ch4.html

BREACH OF FIDUCIARY DUTY—OPENING THE DOOR FOR SUCCESSFUL LITIGATION AGAINST CLERGY AND THE CHURCH.

Sorry, you'll have to Google this article if you're interested. I do not know how to link to a PDF file.

Well then maybe ol Tommy Boy might be in some trouble.  Do not know but time will always tell.

He may infact get away from any leagal situations with Oklahoma but he still has a God to answer to for his sexual misconduct!! 

To bad WHBC church members do not have the ______  (you fill in the blank) to stand up and say "YOU'RE FIRED!!"

Just me said:
Well then maybe ol Tommy Boy might be in some trouble.  Do not know but time will always tell.

He may infact get away from any leagal situations with Oklahoma but he still has a God to answer to for his sexual misconduct!! 

To bad WHBC church members do not have the ______  (you fill in the blank) to stand up and say "YOU'RE FIRED!!"

What he did was inappropriate for a married man but not criminal. If it was criminal and they had enough evidence they would have already arrested him, Tommy Boy is not a friend of OKCPD they would love the opportunity to handcuff him and take him away.

As far as the church firing him they really cannot do much since he holds the deed to the property. They cannot legally make him leave his property. About all they can do is move to another church. He has the legal right to keep people off his property (members that don't agree and support him).

I know there are some people that post on here would disagree with that but this is reality.