Tomorrow is Transgender Day of Visibility.

It's very possible...but, I doubt it's accurate. Even if he didn't directly make the proclamation, it was done with his approval.
i agree.... ..and as president he is basically responsible for what his administration does - even if he doesn;t know about it or was unaware it was being done.... ... especially when it;s something coming out of the whitehouse itself.... . and especially when he allows it to happen in front of him and doesn;t stop it or redirect what his subordinates are doing...... ...

I was just reading about the Bataan Death March and the resulting war crimes trials. The generals who were on trial tried to deny responsibility by saying they couldn't control what their soldiers did. Such a defense would be laughable if the atrocities weren't so heinous.
we had a neighbor for while.... an elderly man from the phillpines.... who was there... .. and who actually fought alongside american forces against the japanese..... .. he died several years ago... ... but was never quiet or even timid about giving his opinions about both the japanese soldiers of that time... and also about japanese today who continue to make excuses for what they did........ . ..he said it fosters an attitude and an atmosphere that would allow such things to happen again if such a war were ever repeated.... ..

Last edited:
we had a neighbor several years ago .... an elderly man from the phillpines.... who was there... .. and who actually fought alongside american forces against th
Amazing the excuses that flourished in Nuremberg and Manila. The military tribunals back then didn't buy into them. Can't say what they'd do today.

Amazing the excuses that flourished in Nuremberg and Manila. The military tribunals back then didn't buy into them. Can't say what they'd do today.
sorry... . that post got accidently posted before i finished it... .. then i got called away from the computer and forgot about it... ... but i fixed it and finished it a few minutes ago.. .... ... ... another person who experienced atrocity and who we knew well was the mother of my dads wife... .. she also passed away several years ago but spent her early childood in china close to nanjing... ..her family fled to taiwan only to get there just before the japanese invaded it and took it over...... . she was christian and a devout catholic but had nothing good to say about japanese both past or present either one.... ...she got along well with my room mate from japan though... actually liked her... .but that room mate was christian too... .. or actually still is christian though she is back in japan now... ......