Transgender Virginia Mollenkott and the NIV Bible Translation

UGC

FagBoyCigar
Reaction score
"Transgendered, Lesbian Virginia Ramey Mollenkott... professor of LGBT and feminist theology and author of queer books such as, “Transgender Journeys”, “Omnigender”, and “The Divine Feminine”, in which Mollenkott interprets the name El Shaddai as the “God of the Breasts”—was the stylistic consultant to the New International Version (NIV) translation committee from 1970 to 1978."

Article: Transgender Virginia Mollenkott and the NIV Bible Translation

I'll go ahead and say what us KJV guys are thinking: the ESV etc. aren't much different.

Does your Mom know you're an Anti-Baptist disinfo agent hired to smear troll forums? Which megachurch politician are you working for?
Have you faced the fact yet that you're a nitwit?

Have you faced the fact that you're an Anti-Baptist disinfo agent hired to smear troll forums? Which megachurch politician are you working for?
First you told me that if I thought you were wasting our time, I'd be a liar if I responded to you again.

Not ten minutes later, you're asking questions.

You're about as sharp as a bowling ball, aren't you?

I'm glad you agree Ruckman was a decent teacher, Ransom. We all knew you'd eventually come around. Apology accepted. (SSAR move: I can use them too)

Ok I'm convinced that their are two people using the UCG account. At times the one person (likely the adult) is making a poor case for ruckmaism. Then the other (maybe a teenage son?) is making video game and pokeman references and thinking winning in a debate is comparable to winning a video game. It's all kind of strange.

I'm glad you agree Ruckman was a decent teacher, Ransom.
Yep. As I said . . . sharp as a bowling ball, is our UGC. (Repeated because, being stupid, he didn't manage to quote the whole sentence.)

Ok I'm convinced that their are two people using the UCG account.
Back when they first joined the forum, they did say it might be "Brother James" or "Brother Abraham" posting (or his seven sons, sir).

They are of one mind.

Which means each of them is in possession of half the wits.

I guess it's time to find out if the new forum software "Ignore" feature works. UGC's posts are a complete waste of time.

Everybody point and laugh at the retard who thinks Dispensationalism is a Baptist sine qua non.
True. Not all Baptists are smart enough to get it.

who thinks Dispensationalism is a Baptist sine qua non.
Nobody thinks this. You need to learn how to identify what a sine qua non is.

Don't use words and phrases you don't understand.

"Transgendered, Lesbian Virginia Ramey Mollenkott... professor of LGBT and feminist theology and author of queer books such as, “Transgender Journeys”, “Omnigender”, and “The Divine Feminine”, in which Mollenkott interprets the name El Shaddai as the “God of the Breasts”—was the stylistic consultant to the New International Version (NIV) translation committee from 1970 to 1978."

Article: Transgender Virginia Mollenkott and the NIV Bible Translation

I'll go ahead and say what us KJV guys are thinking: the ESV etc. aren't much different.

I'm not a fan of the NIV but that alone would not be a reason for me to reject. If so I would have to reject the KJV if one unsavory character was found among the KJV translators. There are assertions that King James was gay himself. Whether or not that was true he certainly persecuted the Christians who were not part of the Anglican church at times and was successful at getting some high church terminology into the KJV. However, with 60 translators and none abandoning the work, it tells me that his influence was limited. In the same way if your only argument is that there was 1 gay person out of about 128 translators, editors, and consultants I think her power to corrupt the end product had she chosen to would have been kept in check. The fact that she has this crazy interpretation of El Shaddai in her book that never made it into the NIV suggests the checks and balances were in place.

Dispensationalism is not a Baptist sine qua non. (In other words, you do not have to be dispensationalist to be a Baptist). The 1833 New Hampshire Baptist Confession, which is still adhered to by many Baptists, does not teach dispensationalism. The confessions of the Southern Baptist Convention, American Baptist Association and Baptist Missionary Association of America do not mention the "pre-trib rapture." I don't understand why Ruckmanites demand that we be dispensational, when it is based on the study notes of the Scofield Reference Bible. Scofield (Congregationalist/Presbyterian, not Baptist) stated in his introduction to the Scofield Reference Bible that it was based on the textual criticism of Westcott and Hort. Ruckmanites don't seem to see any contradiction between their rejection of Westcott and Hort and all Bibles based on their manuscripts, and their dogmatic insistence that we blindly accept the teachings of Scofield dispensationalism which were based on Westcott/Hort. The Ruckmanite system of belief is not coherent or consistent - it is based on the decrees of ignorant, bullying preachers who say "You must believe this because I say so."

Last edited: