Tune in Wednesday for...

brainisengaged

Elect
Reaction score
This coming Wednesday, January 29th, the speaker for the evening at FBC Hammond, in the absence of Pastor Wilkerson, will be Jack Mitchell. Don't know what to say about that...might have more to say after the fact.

I wonder if he ever recovered his 1989 Mike Greenwell rookie card that was stolen back then...

Was'nt he Assistant to the pastor not so long ago?

What does he do now? Does he have the same job?

sword said:
Was'nt he Assistant to the pastor not so long ago?

What does he do now? Does he have the same job?

Yes to JS.

He was the exclusive personal assistant to JS. Obviously lost THAT job. No longer on staff at FBC. Does financial work now, something called the Financial Momentum Club. Not sure what it is really.

brainisengaged said:
He was the exclusive personal assistant to JS. Obviously lost THAT job. No longer on staff at FBC. Does financial work now, something called the Financial Momentum Club. Not sure what it is really.

So...............

The guy who best knew what JS did with all of his time - who was in the office for how long - and kept silent - is now in charge of building "financial momentum" (Fundraising?  Debt Retirement?) at the church and is now "preaching" to the church people?

Classic FBCH. 

Read my post again, Binaca! I did say "no longer on staff at FBC".

But I have long wondered how much he knew. He was not the whistleblower.

brainisengaged said:
Read my post again, Binaca! I did say "no longer on staff at FBC".

But I have long wondered how much he knew. He was not the whistleblower.

Sorry - I assumed the "Financial Momentum Club" was some new program at the church.  This then sounds more like the old get-all-your-family-and-friends-to-consolidate-their-debt-with-us routine.

It was my understanding that Jack Mitchell was the one who confronted the secretary and notified Mrs. Schaap that there was a problem.

Exell said:
It was my understanding that Jack Mitchell was the one who confronted the secretary and notified Mrs. Schaap that there was a problem.

Well, now.  That is new information.  I never heard who the whistle blower was, just lots of suppositions.

I don't think it was Jack. I thought it was another assistant/intern type. I was told this Jack really had no idea. He seems like a good guy, I believe my source on his ignorance of what happened. I could be wrong but I'm giving him benefit of the doubt, at least some.

I'm kind of curious what the ever present security guards knew?!?

Bravo said:
I don't think it was Jack. I thought it was another assistant/intern type. I was told this Jack really had no idea. He seems like a good guy, I believe my source on his ignorance of what happened. I could be wrong but I'm giving him benefit of the doubt, at least some.

I'm kind of curious what the ever present security guards knew?!?

Steven Wolf

http://andrewcordle.com/team/

When FBC conducted their internal investigation along with CLA, Jack Mitchell turned in text messages addressed to the secretary that asked why are you ignoring policies that have been in place for 10+ years. Schaaps personal staff uncovered the problem and notified Mrs. Schaap. (who was having problems at home with him, She has said that the last two years he would get extremely angry with her and would only get worse when she told him to get help) Jack Mitchell told her that in his opinion the problem was only a 1 on a scale of ten. This obviously turned out to not be the case.

And just for fun, since we are on the topic and it is a snow day, this is my understanding of what happened from a person very close to the situation: Anybody have anything to add:

Running parallel with this, Wolf had discovered the pics but was keeping them to himself. He was scared and said he prayed that God would deal with it.
When Moore, Binney, and Lapina went to confront Schaap, (with what they had from his staff and Mrs. Schaap) all they had was a picture of the girl kissing him on the cheek sitting on a gator. They demanded he take a sabbatical, he cussed them out. On the way home, Lapina and Duff differed on what to do. Duff felt that Schaap had in his dealings with them lost the ability to be their pastor. They went with a sabatical until that Monday when the other pictures came out, making it obvious that he could not be their pastor. They fired him that Monday night. Rick Sparks and Clyde Wolf went to the sheriff that Tuesday morning. During all this Schaap was  pulling the strings on Marshall and Swanson telling them Lapina was trying to take over the church and oust him...they believed him for a short while.

Exell said:
When FBC conducted their internal investigation along with CLA, Jack Mitchell turned in text messages addressed to the secretary that asked why are you ignoring policies that have been in place for 10+ years. Schaaps personal staff uncovered the problem and notified Mrs. Schaap. (who was having problems at home with him, She has said that the last two years he would get extremely angry with her and would only get worse when she told him to get help) Jack Mitchell told her that in his opinion the problem was only a 1 on a scale of ten. This obviously turned out to not be the case.

And just for fun, since we are on the topic and it is a snow day, this is my understanding of what happened from a person very close to the situation: Anybody have anything to add:

Running parallel with this, Wolf had discovered the pics but was keeping them to himself. He was scared and said he prayed that God would deal with it.
When Moore, Binney, and Lapina went to confront Schaap, (with what they had from his staff and Mrs. Schaap) all they had was a picture of the girl kissing him on the cheek sitting on a gator. They demanded he take a sabbatical, he cussed them out. On the way home, Lapina and Duff differed on what to do. Duff felt that Schaap had in his dealings with them lost the ability to be their pastor. They went with a sabatical until that Monday when the other pictures came out, making it obvious that he could not be their pastor. They fired him that Monday night. Rick Sparks and Clyde Wolf went to the sheriff that Tuesday morning. During all this Schaap was  pulling the strings on Marshall and Swanson telling them Lapina was trying to take over the church and oust him...they believed him for a short while.

As a member of many years, yet decidedly out of the loop, much of this has never been heard by me. I have reached out to and applauded who I knew to be the hero, Steven W and wrote him a letter shortly after he was fired, letting him know my admiration for his actions. He has been overlooked and mistreated (fired, not ever invited to 'preach' as Jack Mitchell has for this coming Weds.)

It does seem plausible, that things might have happened as described above by exell. Seems mighty big guns came out to Maine for what was thought only to be a kiss on the cheek, a 1 on a scale of 10.

Who is Swanson? Did you by some chance mean Ross Wonson? (Btw where is he these days?)

And as you said about Schaap- pulling Marshall's and Swanson's (?) strings....well, shortly after that the powers-that-be thought it best to bring in Gibbs to pull OUR strings. What an insult, that first Wednesday night. To bring him in with his gratuitous, maudlin stories...with the commission to make us laugh and divert our attention...to declare transparency yet never once discuss what actually happened like adults / family...the list goes on.

"Who is Swanson? Did you by some chance mean Ross Wonson? (Btw where is he these days?)"

Sorry, yes, and I really don't know.

Exell said:

If that's true, it took courage & he should be commended for that.

Who knew what & how long did they know it is the big question!