Tynon Advertisements

T

Timothy

Are you able to stop the Tynon Advertisements? If so, can you please stop them? Thanks.

Timothy said:
Are you able to stop the Tynon Advertisements? If so, can you please stop them? Thanks.

Scantily clad game 'toons getting you all hot and bothered, Timmy?

Timothy said:
This one in particular bothers me ...

I see....it bothers you, so you post it again for all to see.

Guess what?  It's not showing up as an ad on my page. 

You do realize that an individual's internet surfing history often has a lot to do with the ads they see don't you?

Which begs the question:
What kind of sites are you visiting, Timmy?  Hmmmmmmm?????

It has appeared to me that admin is using a retargeting service, such as retargeter.com.  These services work by placing ads on your computer from places you have visited.  Such an ad would appear if you were visiting most any gaming sites.  Maybe it is time to check your computer history, have a talk with family members and install some filtering software.

If admin is using such a service, the only way for the ads to stop would be for you to clear your cookies.  Retargeter works by cookie-ing your computer when you visit one of their subscribing sites.  Try clearing cookies and see if the ads don't stop.

Timothy said:
Binaca Chugger said:
It has appeared to me that admin is using a retargeting service, such as retargeter.com.  These services work by placing ads on your computer from places you have visited.  Such an ad would appear if you were visiting most any gaming sites.  Maybe it is time to check your computer history, have a talk with family members and install some filtering software.

I can understand the subject of "gaming" being searched on my computer. That probably is it.

I was concern that this advertisement was for all visitors and felt it wasn't appropriate for such a site as this is.

So, you know such sites are visited on your computer, and are concerned that others would be offended by what you regularly do?  Well, thank you for your concern for me and the other posters on this site.  May I suggest that you have the same concern for your own household and yourself?