Update on First Baptist Church of Hammond

bgwilkinson said:
BALAAM said:
bgwilkinson said:

I wonder who I can sue when I do something foolish?

The possibilities are endless, ambulance chasers are everywhere, just look at all the bill boards.

Here is just one in our area. Glen Lerner.

Better call Glen.

seven oh eight  two two two-twenty two twenty two  and ubiquitous on radio and TV.

His bill boards litter the landscape especially the interstates.

Lerner is there too?  Wow!

Twisted said:
bgwilkinson said:
BALAAM said:
bgwilkinson said:

I wonder who I can sue when I do something foolish?

The possibilities are endless, ambulance chasers are everywhere, just look at all the bill boards.

Here is just one in our area. Glen Lerner.

Better call Glen.

seven oh eight  two two two-twenty two twenty two  and ubiquitous on radio and TV.

His bill boards litter the landscape especially the interstates.

Lerner is there too?  Wow!

Simply ubiquitous.

Bruce gets his pic taken with guest speaker Chuck Harding.

13233123_1067878663302908_5749089110289138345_n.jpg

I think it is just a rewrite to fill space.

bgwilkinson said:
I think it is just a rewrite to fill space.
You are right. My wife said it sounds like a student trying to get enough words in to fill a report.

Was in a restaurant the other day and overheard a conversation from a small group of fbch church ladies. The topics:

Pants on girls; Interesting because 2 of the women there wear pants when nobody is looking but they both agreed.
Too many kids in the schools are just barely obeying the rules: The solution seemed to be more and stricter rules.
Scandal at hb. Some girls were seen on facebook wearing pants.

Side note here: Talked to a deacon in the church I now attend. He said at one time that he went to another baptist church in the area (not fbch). He was a married college student who had some kind of scholarship and was a swimmer. He shaved his head for swimming and when he went to church one of the men chewed him out for daring to come to church looking like the heathen world etc. He said, "Listen bud, I am just hanging on to this christianity thing by a thread the way it is!" He never went back there.

This writer nails it on the head when it comes to FBC leadership.  It is sad so many people have been hurt for the cause of Christ. A friend of mine told me when leaving the old church downtown he was told "sheep aren't good at choosing their shephard".  It is interesting this writer chose that as his example.   

BALAAM said:
Was in a restaurant the other day and overheard a conversation from a small group of fbch church ladies. The topics:

Pants on girls; Interesting because 2 of the women there wear pants when nobody is looking but they both agreed.
Too many kids in the schools are just barely obeying the rules: The solution seemed to be more and stricter rules.
Scandal at hb. Some girls were seen on facebook wearing pants.

Side note here: Talked to a deacon in the church I now attend. He said at one time that he went to another baptist church in the area (not fbch). He was a married college student who had some kind of scholarship and was a swimmer. He shaved his head for swimming and when he went to church one of the men chewed him out for daring to come to church looking like the heathen world etc. He said, "Listen bud, I am just hanging on to this christianity thing by a thread the way it is!" He never went back there.

That is not unusual at FBCH. It is not like it use to be.

Look who Bruce got his image with.

Memories.

330671_199937533430363_1147660441_o.jpg

Any news about one of the banks that FBC has a loan through calling the loan? Heard from a reliable source that a loan that has the HAC property and cemetery as collateral has been forclosed.

Gonefishin said:
Any news about one of the banks that FBC has a loan through calling the loan? Heard from a reliable source that a loan that has the HAC property and cemetery as collateral has been forclosed.
Hmmm, wonder what a bank will do with a property full of dead folks.....

And a cemetery.

Gonefishin said:

That note has been paid in full, as well as two others that were connected.

qwerty said:
Hmmm, wonder what a bank will do with a property full of dead folks.....

And a cemetery.

LOL!  Great!  Love it!!