Update on First Baptist Church of Hammond

Twisted said:
bgwilkinson said:
Winner winner chicken dinner. 

How do I collect?  :)

Go to the Blue Gate Restaurant and Theater in Shipshewana and ask for Mr. Riegsecker.

Tell him BG Wilkinson said he wins a chicken dinner.

They have great chicken dinners.

Does Hyles Anderson College has more students than West Coast Baptist College? I was told these are the 2 largest IFB institutions at this moment.

Jrock said:
Does Hyles Anderson College has more students than West Coast Baptist College? I was told these are the 2 largest IFB institutions at this moment.

Don't know about West Coast but HAC's resident enrollment is in the low 400s. Not counting the online ones.

bgwilkinson said:
Jrock said:

Don't know about West Coast but HAC's resident enrollment is in the low 400s. Not counting the online ones.

I believe Crown College in Knoxville/Powell, TN has nearly 1,000 students.  Crown also has smaller campuses in Texas and another in England. 

How much of the decrease of students at HAC do you think is because Crown and West Coast are accredited and how much is the residue of the Schaap ?

It has been quite some time since we have had an update from BGW on this thread.

labaptist said:
How much of the decrease of students at HAC do you think is because Crown and West Coast are accredited and how much is the residue of the Schaap ?

The "virtue" of being unaccredited has faded. They claim that they benefit by being free of government control. The truth is that they are unable to provide a college education.

Vince Massi said:
labaptist said:

The "virtue" of being unaccredited has faded. They claim that they benefit by being free of government control. The truth is that they are unable to provide a college education.

They accepted VA benefits.  They were not "free" of government control.

labaptist said:

Crown and West Coast dropped in big numbers in their enrollment because of their accreditation status. I was under the assumption colleges like HAC would rise due to this.

TheRealJonStewart said:
Crown and West Coast dropped in big numbers in their enrollment because of their accreditation status.

And you base this on what?  Both schools have done a published study?  Provide the links.

labaptist said:
I'd of thought their numbers would increase?

The problem with the California schools is that they are not centrally located.  HAC did have an advantage there.

fishinnut said:
RAIDER said:
labaptist said:

The problem with the California schools is that they are not centrally located.  HAC did have an advantage there.
But they have a weather advantage.

No doubt.  I just think that the distance for many is an issue.  You almost have to fly.

RAIDER said:
fishinnut said:
RAIDER said:
labaptist said:

No doubt.  I just think that the distance for many is an issue.  You almost have to fly.
Cost of living is excessive in CA for married students

RAIDER said:
fishinnut said:
RAIDER said:
labaptist said:

I flew to HAC from NC and made friends fast with several girls who went home often so I could join them.  ;)

RAIDER said:
It has been quite some time since we have had an update from BGW on this thread.

Word on the ground is HAC Spring 2017 enrollment is about 350 and the budget is severely in the red making continuing long term operations doubtful. There was a mass exodus after the Fall 2016 Semester.

This is a businessman's view. Those in control will continue until zero enrolled students is reached. If this were a business it would have already ceased operation.

One wonders if the point at which the balance of harm done to good done has been reached. In either case it's all downhill from here. There is little reason to believe that those in charge know what to do to stop the hemorrhaging. And if they knew what to do, would be willing to do it since it may involve losing face and the admission of the mountain of errors so deftly served to the students in the past.

Speculation is that the Hammond Bible institute was started as a way to continue an education option when operations at HAC cease. Hyles' philosophies are clutching HAC in their cold death grip. Prognosis for recovery is not hopeful contrary to what those in charge believe.

The past has caught the present and is sucking all the life out of those who come from out of town. Few FBCH and Hammond Baptist youths are willing to throw their lives away to please the pastor.

Smoke and mirrors only work for a time.

The last gasp president is one who was run out their church employment after a couple of months on the job.

There is little call today for the things that once were defining characteristics of HAC. Nostalgia lives on only in those older folks not in the young.

I consider it a work of God (literally) but why was there a mass exodus after the Fall of 2016?

I'm no expert,but if 350 students at HAC is an indication that the college is dying then how do they compare with other IFB colleges? A successful IFB college is probably one which has about 1000 students such as West Coast baptist College. But many IFB colleges are probably way below the 1000 mark.

Jrock said:
I'm no expert,but if 350 students at HAC is an indication that the college is dying then how do they compare with other IFB colleges? A successful IFB college is probably one which has about 1000 students such as West Coast baptist College. But many IFB colleges are probably way below the 1000 mark.

I'm no expert either but having a campus separate from the church has to increase operating costs.  WCBC is on the same plot as the church.  Plus the visual of the campus for church members has to help boost the support of the college.

The tuition of 350 will only go so far to cover expenses.