Vatican Conference: Rick Warren & Russell Moore (and others)

AmazedbyGrace

Elect
Reaction score
"The Vatican will host religious leaders from across the religious spectrum later this month for a conference where they are expected to defend traditional marriage as between a man and a woman.
The speakers planned for a Vatican conference on the family.

While hosted by Vatican officials and scheduled to open with an address by Pope Francis, the conference will include Muslim and Jewish representatives, as well as American leading evangelicals like megachurch pastor Rick Warren and Southern Baptist ethicist Russell Moore."

http://www.religionnews.com/2014/11/03/vatican-to-host-religious-leaders-tackle-marriage-family-issues/

Oh no! Rick is talking to the catlicks again!

“I am willing to go anywhere, when asked, to bear witness to what we as evangelical Protestants believe about marriage and the gospel, especially in times in which marriage is culturally imperiled,” said Moore, who heads the Southern Baptist Convention’s Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission.

I got no problem with this...I would love to be invited to share what I believe the Bible teaches!  Paul didn't have any problem going to the religionists at Mars Hills (the original, not the one in Seattle).

This also lends support to the notion the SBC is not changing its mind on the issue of marriage. (referring to the article I posted earlier this week.)

aleshanee said:
did they invite anyone from the navajo nation?.......the navajo nation council unanimously passed a resolution defining marriage as one man and one woman back in 2005.........

http://www.navajoequality.org/dine-marriage-act-of-2005.html

they could invite me if they wanted to and i would be glad to go to the vatican and represent the navajo beliefs on it....  8) ......

You could volunteer!
;D

T-Bone said:
“I am willing to go anywhere, when asked, to bear witness to what we as evangelical Protestants believe about marriage and the gospel, especially in times in which marriage is culturally imperiled,” said Moore, who heads the Southern Baptist Convention’s Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission.

I got no problem with this...I would love to be invited to share what I believe the Bible teaches!  Paul didn't have any problem going to the religionists at Mars Hills (the original, not the one in Seattle).
T-Bone, I appreciate you, but disagree

Organizers say the new conference will show that while the Catholic hierarchy is split on how to address contemporary challenges to marriage and family life, the church can nonetheless seek common ground with religious leaders outside the Vatican.

Seems the intent of the meeting is clear.

Romans 16:17, 2 Corinthians 6:14-16, 1 Timothy 6:3-5, 2 Timothy 3:1-5, 2 John 1:10-11

We do not have liberty or license to participate, even if the intent is evangelism. By the way, the meeting will be moderated, the topic selected and the speakers required to stay on target. No one is going to stand at a pulpit an deliver a salvation message, or that would hit the news faster than ISIS landing in Washington.

ItinerantPreacher said:
T-Bone said:

Organizers say the new conference will show that while the Catholic hierarchy is split on how to address contemporary challenges to marriage and family life, the church can nonetheless seek common ground with religious leaders outside the Vatican.

Romans 16:17, 2 Corinthians 6:14-16, 1 Timothy 6:3-5, 2 Timothy 3:1-5, 2 John 1:10-11

We do not have liberty or license to participate, even if the intent is evangelism. By the way, the meeting will be moderated, the topic selected and the speakers required to stay on target. No one is going to stand at a pulpit an deliver a salvation message, or that would hit the news faster than ISIS landing in Washington.

No one stood many years ago like I did when the Home Mission Board and the Convention joined in the so called "Catholics and Evangelicals Together".  I was even asked to write a piece in contrast to the one written by the writer for the Christian Life Commission of the SBC...other pastors eventually stood up and they pulled back.  So I have tread this way before...so far this does not smell the same, and if and when it does I will again step up and speak up.  I know you cannot know my heart or where I have been, but trust me there are pastors, like myself, that will not let the SBC go ecumenical...at least not and we stay a part of it.

Its okay we disagree to the extent of this event...time will tell...then I will act!

T-Bone said:
ItinerantPreacher said:
T-Bone said:

No one stood many years ago like I did when the Home Mission Board and the Convention joined in the so called "Catholics and Evangelicals Together".  I was even asked to write a piece in contrast to the one written by the writer for the Christian Life Commission of the SBC...other pastors eventually stood up and they pulled back.  So I have tread this way before...so far this does not smell the same, and if and when it does I will again step up and speak up.  I know you cannot know my heart or where I have been, but trust me there are pastors, like myself, that will not let the SBC go ecumenical...at least not and we stay a part of it.

Its okay we disagree to the extent of this event...time will tell...then I will act!
Praying for you then in that regard.

ItinerantPreacher said:
T-Bone said:
ItinerantPreacher said:
T-Bone said:

Much appreciated...also would ask for prayer as our community has a group of homosexual activists that are trying to get the City Council to pass an ordinance giving homosexuals special rights and requiring all business be accommodating to them.  I will be speaking at the council meeting next Thursday evening...it will not be a friendly crowd!

T-Bone said:
ItinerantPreacher said:
T-Bone said:
ItinerantPreacher said:
T-Bone said:

Much appreciated...also would ask for prayer as our community has a group of homosexual activists that are trying to get the City Council to pass an ordinance giving homosexuals special rights and requiring all business be accommodating to them.  I will be speaking at the council meeting next Thursday evening...it will not be a friendly crowd!
Prayers.

Binaca Chugger said:
T-Bone said:
ItinerantPreacher said:
T-Bone said:
ItinerantPreacher said:
T-Bone said:

Prayers.

Thanks brother!

T-Bone said:

Well, I hope he does what he said he'll do, that is, to expose the false gospel of Rome along with "bearing witness to what we as evangelical Protestants believe about marriage"

T-Bone said:

Mars Hill in Grand Rapids, MI is more my speed.

Izdaari said:
T-Bone said:

Mars Hill in Grand Rapids, MI is more my speed.

They could use someone to correct their error too.