Victims

[
I've heard too many variations in the story to know who the victims are as both sides seem sketchy.

There was a man in church who went to him and admitted inappropriate relationship with a teen and it happened a few years back. This same pastor who critics say covered it up told the man "You know I have to report this right?"
He called law enforcement right there on spot and police arrested the man right there in the pastors office.

Then forward to this scenario. I've heard he asked both the man and teen girl about their relationship as it was raising questions. They both denied any wrongdoing, what is the pastor suppose to do ? Call the police on an accusation without proof ? Just on here say ?

The police believe he knew but my question is based on what? Word of someone else ? Did he have evidence?

Law enforcement hasn't presented their case yet.
I don't know what to believe as the story keeps changing from both sides.
I think both sides are leaving out truths that don't benefit their cause.

The truth has only one story

quote author=Tanner link=topic=9597.msg 199196#msg199196 date=1527803457]

Walt said:
Tanner said:
Let me add that some of these IFB churches are so full of pride that they don?t want their preacher buddies to find out they have sin in their church.  Instead of dealing with it, and turning it over to God, they hide it.

Well said.  May we love God above our "buddies"!!

Trying to cover sin goes all the way back to Genesis 3. 
[/quote]