Video by Ravi Zacharias

And me too, I say the same thing, just much better with a much lager platform.

I don't know a lot about Ravi and all his doctrinal stand, but from what I have heard from him, he seems solid doctrinally, I'm sure we might have some differences.

But I think it is interesting how that he, as an evangelical poster-child (I'm not denigrating, but Ravi is not IFB) preaches against the shallowness of much of today's contemporary worship, the hyped up emotionalism, the shallow preaching (I know many IFB's a guilty of this, I try sincerely not to be)
Not long ago, I posted, either here or on Facebook, how a woman columnist wrote in Charisma magazine (which obviously is a charismatic publication) wrote about the decline of Christian women's dress standards in and out of church.

My point is, sincere Christians of all stripes are beginning to see the fruits of contemporary Christianity.
This is something that has been preached from the rooftops in IFB churches for decades yet we are demonized, ostracized, criticized for being old fashioned, not relevant, polarizing, etc. etc. etc.
Now, you don't have to tell me that IFB's have their problems.
I have been an IFB since 1986.
I've seen the idiots with their man made standards, cliques, numbers games, ungodliness, and shallow preaching.
I've seen it all.
But I am also seeing the fruit of 'include it all Christianity too.''
Ravi hit the nail on its head.
I've seen the results of it first hand as I meet hundreds of thousands of people out soul winning.
Christianity as a whole in America has become very shallow and non-committal.
Some seem to place all the blame on IFB b/c of your experiences but the problems go deeper than that.
It's a radical departure that has taken place for many years when denominations have left the Word of God out of their doctrine and preaching and embraced relativism and humanism and man made doctrines.
(Not just so called IFB fake standards, but an acceptance of extra biblical creeds, writings, and philosophies.)

16KJV11 said:
I don't know a lot about Ravi and all his doctrinal stand, but from what I have heard from him, he seems solid doctrinally, I'm sure we might have some differences.

But I think it is interesting how that he, as an evangelical poster-child (I'm not denigrating, but Ravi is not IFB) preaches against the shallowness of much of today's contemporary worship, the hyped up emotionalism, the shallow preaching (I know many IFB's a guilty of this, I try sincerely not to be)
Not long ago, I posted, either here or on Facebook, how a woman columnist wrote in Charisma magazine (which obviously is a charismatic publication) wrote about the decline of Christian women's dress standards in and out of church.

My point is, sincere Christians of all stripes are beginning to see the fruits of contemporary Christianity.
This is something that has been preached from the rooftops in IFB churches for decades yet we are demonized, ostracized, criticized for being old fashioned, not relevant, polarizing, etc. etc. etc.
I've seen the idiots with their man made standards, cliques, numbers games, ungodliness, and shallow preaching.
I've seen it all.
I've seen the results of it first hand as I meet hundreds of thousands of people out soul winning.
Some seem to place all the blame on IFB b/c of your experiences but the problems go deeper than that.
It's a radical departure that has taken place for many years when denominations have left the Word of God out of their doctrine and preaching and embraced relativism and humanism and man made doctrines.
(Not just so called IFB fake standards, but an acceptance of extra biblical creeds, writings, and philosophies.)

It seems as in politics we like to point the blame to others.  When in reality its mankind's fault. 

My personal belief is that its the homes fault plane and simple.  Which is why I'm going to start personally indoctrinating my children after supper everyday.  Beginning with salvation and going through the local church, deacons, essentially the doctrines of the Baptist Faith. 

It's my responsibility first not anyone else.  I am to teach them to use discernment, study and everything else in life.     

I do not believe for one second that it is any one denominations fault. 

Bruh said:
16KJV11 said:

I've seen it all.

It seems as in politics we like to point the blame to others.  When in reality its mankind's fault. 

My personal belief is that its the homes fault plane and simple.  Which is why I'm going to start personally indoctrinating my children after supper everyday.  Beginning with salvation and going through the local church, deacons, essentially the doctrines of the Baptist Faith. 

It's my responsibility first not anyone else.  I am to teach them to use discernment, study and everything else in life.     

I do not believe for one second that it is any one denominations fault.
I agree with you to a point, but when the pulpits of America refuse to preach the truth, what you'll have is a generation of religious lost people who couldn't do what you are doing with your children b/c the things you are talking about are spiritually discerned.

1 Corinthians 1:18 (KJV)
18  For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1 Corinthians 1:21 (KJV)
21  For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

16KJV11 said:

I've seen it all.

HUNDREDS of thousands???  Out soulwinning???

Ebb and Flow. The pendulum swings back and forth. There is nothing new under the sun.

Live for God. Teach truth. Believe truth.

cast.sheep said:
16KJV11 said:

I've seen it all.

No, not hundreds of thousands, thousands yes...grammatical error, sorry.
I meant to say hundreds and thousands.
I am a technical writer by trade, should have caught that!
But it's all about the numbers, right?  ;)

16KJV11 said:
cast.sheep said:
No, not hundreds of thousands, thousands yes...grammatical error, sorry.
I meant to say hundreds and thousands.
I am a technical writer by trade, should have caught that!
But it's all about the numbers, right?  ;)

I have never been prouder of you!

16KJV11 said:

I've seen it all.

Much of what you say is very logical.  The IFB movement has been around for many years (I believe it started with John The BAPTIST!) :)  There have definitely been issues and problems along the way.  There have definitely been some wolves in sheep's clothing.  The IFB movement has been around long enough that we can now look back and see the fruits (good and bad).

Contemporary Christianity has hit a growth spur in the last several years.  It is too early to fully see the end result of its fruit.  I believe we can now see the direction it is heading.  What will we look back and say in 20 years?

RAIDER said:
What will we look back and say in 20 years?

"Hey look at the pendulum swing, just like Sub said it would. That guy was brilliant!"

Some years ago I left a church & took 9 months visiting over 15 churches in our area............we kept going back to church where we now belong.

We were more interested in newer more contemporary type churches. There were some that fit the mold that Ravi spoke about.
The music is all about the show....
The music has to be a concert atmosphere...
The music must hype the crowd...
The music needs some secular songs to make the lost "feel comfortable" at church...

But...........we kept going back to church where we now belong. The worship music programs that lift up & praise the Christ and build the faith of the believers.

This guy lead worship last Sunday with this song & others.
https://youtube.com/devicesupport