Walter Martin and Trinity Broadcasting Network

biscuit1953

Elect
Reaction score
Walter Martin was almost considered the "father of apologetics" by some and I believe he did a great service to the body of Christ with his exposes of many of the false doctrines we face today.  I very rarely sit and watch a video over 5 or 10 minutes long other than some movie or other entertainment  but as I started watching this on YouTube I couldn't stop.  This is the video where he was permanently banned from Trinity Broadcasting Network by Paul and Jan Crouch.

He was always a Christian gentleman in my opinion but what he said about Kenneth Copeland, Kenneth Hagin, Oral Roberts, Robert Schuller,  The Unity School of Religion and others  (he doesn't leave out Dave Hunt either) in exposing their grievous error in doctrine is something you will never hear again on TBN.  He forcefully presents the case for exposing damning doctrines as opposed to preaching only positive things and letting the gospel defend itself.

I say some things on here that I wish I could take back and I wish I could disagree with as much grace as Walter Martin did especially when dealing with someone like Smellin and others.  I will work on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFK6vcpeqzY

A great quote: "You teach by contrast" - that has always been my preferred style of learning and teaching.

Wow - quite interesting to hear how far down we've come since those times.

Thanks for sharing. I hardly ever watch a video when it is this long. This was good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christian apologetics are vital.  A person can belong to a cult and be still be saved.  I believe Ruckmanism is a cult but that doesn't mean that everyone who is deceived by it are lost.  I was involved with it for many years and it is because of this forum that God opened my eyes to that teaching.  There are a few members on here that posted some things so profound that it felt like someone was hitting me between the eyes with a two by four!

There are some doctrines however that will damn a man's soul and one of those is rejecting the substitutionary atonement of Jesus Christ.  I don't hate Smellin but I do feel sorry for him and pray one day his eyes will be opened to the eternal destiny he is headed for.  Dr. Walter Martin wasn't "perfect in every way" (like Mary Poppins) but I believe he has opened the eyes of  many deceived souls to heresies they were ensnared with. 

He exposed those hypocrites. TBN today is just women's talk shows, endorsing false prophet Joseph Prince, Brian Houston and Jesse Duplantis as well as TD Jakes (who rejects the Trinity). TBN also shunned out former guests LaVernne Tripp (infidelity and DUI Drug arrest) False Prophet Kim Clement (now works with Paul Crouch JR who was also shunned by TBN for drinking and standing up to his father and crooked brother Matt). Rod Parsley left and may start his own network also Mike Purkey left in the mid 2000's due to a dispute over a love offering from one of the Praise-A-Thon's. TBN's Holy Land Theme Park also shut down and received negative reviews. Won't be long until Matt Crouch winds up behind bars for fraud as his kids want nothing to do with TBN/PTL Club.