Want your thoughts ?More sorry Christians or more homers defending the "faith "

Saved by Grace

Elect
Reaction score
So i originally posted this under OBC chapter of the forum but lets have a Fundamental Fightover this :)

More sorry Christians or more homers defending the "faith "
? on: Today at 03:13:23 PM ?

So  I heard that Pastor Rick Dawson ( who had preached at OBC and WHBC Youth related activities ) passed way on Sunday. So today i thought Id see what sermon audio i could find and take a trip down memory lane so to speak,

this is the only one i could find.

Couldnt help but notice the comments underneath the video.......

Tell me what you think

Goodman Brown
14 hours ago
RIP Rick Dawson. 8-19-2018. Just simply listen to this man's message. Fear tactics on children. I know his material well. He was a deplorable man whose reason ultimately budded into a brain hemorrhage.?

Nathan Neathery
Nathan Neathery
5 hours ago (edited)
You clearly didn't know the man. Many lives were better because of his testimony. You must feel pretty big posting anonymously the day after passed. Conviction too much ??

Goodman Brown
Goodman Brown
1 hour ago
Nathan Neathery misguided much??

what do you make out of these comments when you read them ?

Are they justified ?

Was the defense of this preacher justified ?

Was the brother accusing in the right or was the brother defending the preacher in the wrong?

Saved by Grace said:
So i originally posted this under OBC chapter of the forum but lets have a Fundamental Fightover this :)

More sorry Christians or more homers defending the "faith "
? on: Today at 03:13:23 PM ?

So  I heard that Pastor Rick Dawson ( who had preached at OBC and WHBC Youth related activities ) passed way on Sunday. So today i thought Id see what sermon audio i could find and take a trip down memory lane so to speak,

this is the only one i could find.

Couldnt help but notice the comments underneath the video.......

Tell me what you think

Goodman Brown
14 hours ago
RIP Rick Dawson. 8-19-2018. Just simply listen to this man's message. Fear tactics on children. I know his material well. He was a deplorable man whose reason ultimately budded into a brain hemorrhage.?

Nathan Neathery
Nathan Neathery
5 hours ago (edited)
You clearly didn't know the man. Many lives were better because of his testimony. You must feel pretty big posting anonymously the day after passed. Conviction too much ??

Goodman Brown
Goodman Brown
1 hour ago
Nathan Neathery misguided much??

what do you make out of these comments when you read them ?

Are they justified ?

Was the defense of this preacher justified ?

Was the brother accusing in the right or was the brother defending the preacher in the wrong?

I wrote in the other forum... usually, it's not that one is completely right and the other is completely wrong. I never heard the man preach and didn't listen to the posted video.

However, the accuser is off base here... the "fear tactics on children" may or may not have merit, and I could have respected that comment, but his comments about the men being "deplorable" and the comment about his brain hemorrhage are way out of line.

In my opinion, the accuser crosses the line insofar as decency and respect are concerned.