We Are Dealing With Progressives In Our Town

T-Bone

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
We're in the last days, it's expected.

Churches are autonomous so wouldn't be enmeshed with each other.. ..ganging up to fight against another church in this manner

Bible Based churches have a different mission, although hopefully, something good will come out of it

Churches may unite  possibly to share keeping a Missionary afloat (his basic needs being met).

T-Bone said:
Though this CT article makes it seem like the battle is eight churches against one...that is not the issue, though only one church is progressive.  We are dealing with the growth of this satanic God denying theological system in the church.  Thought you might enjoy reading about it.  BTW, we are the Baptist Church mentioned...

http://www.christianitytoday.com/gleanings/2015/may/theology-feud-progressive-christianity-fountain-hills-az.html

It is so unique that your area has the variety of churches who can and will stand against such apostasy. God bless you....you'll probably need it as the culture begins to attack your bigotry and intolerance.

T-Bone said:
Though this CT article makes it seem like the battle is eight churches against one...that is not the issue, though only one church is progressive.  We are dealing with the growth of this satanic God denying theological system in the church.  Thought you might enjoy reading about it.  BTW, we are the Baptist Church mentioned...

http://www.christianitytoday.com/gleanings/2015/may/theology-feud-progressive-christianity-fountain-hills-az.html

That is awesome...

Thank you all for your prayers.  The Lord is at work here and so is the enemy.  I certainly have been called every name except blessed...its alright, the truth does not need my defense...it just calls me to testify to it.  Keep my fellow pastors and their churches in prayer!

This is probably the best thread so far on this website

It will be interesting to hear the outcome, meaning if this causes the church to fold up

Outside of LGBTLSMFT rights and denying the virgin birth, what is progressive theology?

Anything less conservative than my own personal theology. :)

The Rogue Tomato said:
Outside of LGBTLSMFT rights and denying the virgin birth, what is progressive theology?

Short answer- It's pagan religion.

Reformed Guy said:
The Rogue Tomato said:

Actually, it's more about the gospel that Jesus lived and taught as opposed to the gospel about what Jesus did.

dictionary.com about 'pagan':

adjective

4. of, relating to, or characteristic of pagans.
5. Disparaging and Offensive.
a.  relating to the worship or worshipers of any religion that is neither Christian, Jewish, nor Muslim.
b.  irreligious or hedonistic.
c.  (of a person) uncivilized or unenlightened.

I'm guessing you believe that believing and practicing faith in regards to what Jesus taught and how He lived is pagan.

Smellin Coffee said:
Actually, it's more about the gospel that Jesus lived and taught as opposed to the gospel about what Jesus did.

These are different?

Smellin Coffee said:
Reformed Guy said:
The Rogue Tomato said:

dictionary.com about 'pagan':

adjective

4. of, relating to, or characteristic of pagans.
5. Disparaging and Offensive.
a.  relating to the worship or worshipers of any religion that is neither Christian, Jewish, nor Muslim.
b.  irreligious or hedonistic.
c.  (of a person) uncivilized or unenlightened.

I'm guessing you believe that believing and practicing faith in regards to what Jesus taught and how He lived is pagan.

I'm not interested in un-spinning spin, but will stand by my claim.  "Progressive Christianity" is inherently monistic, (the infuence of monism seen in several of your "8 points")- which is the essence of all pagan religion.

5.  Find grace in the search for understanding and believe there is more value in questioning than in absolutes;

Ah, so it's sort of like Unitarian, where the search for the truth is highly valued, but if you actually find it you don't belong in that church anymore? 

7.  Strive to protect and restore the integrity of our Earth;

Yes, we should follow everything Jesus taught us about global warming.

rsc2a said:
Smellin Coffee said:

These are different?

Dunno. We don't have all the recorded teachings of Jesus.

The Rogue Tomato said:
5.  Find grace in the search for understanding and believe there is more value in questioning than in absolutes;

Ah, so it's sort of like Unitarian, where the search for the truth is highly valued, but if you actually find it you don't belong in that church anymore? 

The thought process is that it falls under the principle of loving one's neighbor: preserving the earth's resources for future generations.

Smellin Coffee said:
rsc2a said:
Smellin Coffee said:

These are different?

We have all the recorded teachings. We might be missing some that were not recorded.

So based on what we do know, these are different?

rsc2a said:
Smellin Coffee said:
rsc2a said:
Smellin Coffee said:

These are different?

We have all the recorded teachings. We might be missing some that were not recorded.

So based on what we do know, these are different?

For starters, where did Jesus teach about the necessity for blood atonement for the forgiveness of sins and that His death, burial and resurrection were to replace once-and-for-all the sacrificial system of the OT?

The ideal of faith and repentance are similarly agreeable, however.

Smellin Coffee said:
The Rogue Tomato said:

The thought process is that it falls under the principle of loving one's neighbor: preserving the earth's resources for future generations.

It's a misplaced priority, IMO, and (again IMO) doesn't belong in any creed or mission statement. 

But you didn't address #5.  Jesus spoke in absolutes quite often.  Truth, itself, is absolute.  There is value in questioning, but only if it leads to the truth.  I have a feeling #5 is more of a "your truth has just as much value as his truth" deal.