We can discuss guns here, too

Good friend of mine.  She is single, lives alone, is a model for clothing catalogs, and wanted to protect herself.  She bought one and she would not hesitate to use it.

rachael_zps46899e77.jpg

aleshanee said:
wellll..... i like to think that had i been born the other gender... . . and without the schizophrenia that disqualifies me from even touching firearms.... . and of course been much bigger and stronger than my current frame size would allow.... and with the kind of natural athletic ability and open ocean water skills my adopted brothers and sister have ... ::)......(an of course there;s  that thing about being scared to death of firearms.....  ::)..)...  that having grown up in this family.. and on these islands..  might have prepared me to join the elite group of warriors who get to go out into the various jungles and oceans of the world and play with these toys.... .. .....

but then again... ...  i also thought..(at one time)..  i would be better at patching them up and fixing their hurts when they come back from those foreign jungles and oceans... .. but that didn;t work out either... ... . so now i;m just waiting until a mission comes up where they need an under 5 foot tall stealth archer with tracking ability who is not bad at concealment and camoflage either.... to sneak in and take out terrorists with a longbow.... ...  ... i;m all set and ready to go..... ;D.....

just no helicopters or jumping out of airplanes....  ??? ... ....  my combat readiness has limitations and besides the sneakiness factor of helicopters and falling out of the sky only goes so far... .....  eventually you end up on youtube.... .. .....  :-\ ... .... and then the whole gig is up...... but put me on a horse and i;ll ride in and get them. .. . provided it;s a nice horse.... easy to ride.. . i;m not all that good a rider either... .. . i might be half navajo but i grew up on surfboards not horses... ... definitely willing to learn though... ...  8)

Who needs a horse when you're standing in a hole? A good surfboard is all you need! :-D

Well, not a lot of action in the ladies room. :p

Anyway, thinking about getting my CCWP but need a smaller, lighter handgun. I have small hands and need something I can actually grip and control that will get the job done.

Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
Never go less than 9mm for self defense.

Carry only the amount of power you can comfortably and accurately use.

Check out the Taurus PT709 slim. It is 9mm and easy to carry.

aleshanee said:
[size=12pt]i would post here more often if it was password protected.... and the men couldn;t see it....  ::)

Why are men posting in the Ladies Room???

Oh, the topic concerns firearms. My bad. Carry on!

P.S. If you ladies are looking for advice from an older 18B SF guy, I recommend the Sig Sauer P238 in .380:

238-ESP-Nitron-Detail-R.jpg

My future daughter in law, who works at Shoot Straight, has one. She's very petite and says it is very comfortable to carry and fire. The rounds have respectable report and stopping power. Accuracy, with training, is excellent within effective range.

And, as you can see, you can modify it for a fashion statement.  ;)

My husband and I had allowed our Concealed Carry permits to lapse so we took a course this summer from an NRA Certified Pistol Instructor.  Our college son was old enough to join us this time and he really enjoyed the intense instruction, but I don't have an interest in firearms so the depth of information was more than I needed.  I know how to load, aim, fire...that's about it.

T-Bone said:
JrChurch said:
Apparently not, since you sneaked over here to steal our recipes.

And some are delicious!!!! 8)

LOL! these posts made me laugh...LOL....so funny...:)

Aleshanee, you've been a good influence on me. My wife stayed home from church sick, but I have improved enough since last night that I decided to go.  Feeling miserable and coughing occasionally, I realized that if a bunch of people get sick, it might be my fault.

The pastor and head deacon urged me to stay (I never miss church, I'm a good example, etc.) but I am here at home.

Think of all the Gringos in Mexico you have kept healthy.

I have a PINK .38 special.

Yes, I know how to use it.

:)

I have had a Beretta 25 for 8 years. Husband gave me  Ruger 380 for Christmas. It has purple grips.

I can use, and I carry.