Well, I'm the first to post in the "New" TBC forum

Green Beret

Elect
Reaction score
I guess its better than hearing the crickets. Or not....

BTW, I'm an old school TBCer from 1979-82.

Just for a frame of reference.

Green Beret said:

Do you have any idea how many TBC grads are pastoring churches now?

16KJV11 said:
Green Beret said:

Do you have any idea how many TBC grads are pastoring churches now?

Sadly, I have no idea whatsoever how many are in the pastorate. While Dr. Davis was there, they used to keep some sort of stats on that but, to my knowledge, not anymore. I personally know of only a few (including me) from "my time" that are currently pastors or ministry staff members. I probably know just as many who quit the ministry.

That being said, I know the Lord has reserved to Himself many who have not bowed the knee to Baal and are serving Him faithfully (Romans 11:1-5). It doesn't matter that we may not know of them and their service as much as the fact that the Lord of Hosts does.

Thanks for the post. God bless you.

We know some grads from the mid-80's to the early 90's who are still on the mission field or pastoring.  I can think of 5 in the Pacific Northwest, 4 on the mission/home field (who have been in our home) and 2 others who have recently stayed with us.  And a former staff pastor is getting up in years, but still in the ministry at our church.

I gave up on ever seeing any posts in this section, so I quit checking a long time ago!  Nice to see you bringing some activity to it, GB - wish we could find more of the old gang.

Least of These said:
I gave up on ever seeing any posts in this section, so I quit checking a long time ago!  Nice to see you bringing some activity to it, GB - wish we could find more of the old gang.

Yeah, it would be good to get some of the gang back on to repopulate it with posts from memories past. However, the title of this site is "Fighting Fundamental Forums" and I suspect that we would have to put up with all the mess as well as the memories if it became active again.

That aside, it is good to "see" you here and a blessing to share your strength as a winner. Keep up the good fight. I pray for you as often as the Lord brings you to mind.

And I still don't remember that chapel service..... :)

Green Beret said:
And I still don't remember that chapel service..... :)

LOL!  It went something like "I'm sorry I quit school and moved out to the beach for a month with 3 other dorm students, and I beg your forgiveness."  (I assume that's what you're referring to!)

Do you remember the nickname Phil Brown gave you on the basketball team? :D 

Thanks for the prayers - all is well here & I trust the same is true for you & your family.

Least of These said:
Do you remember the nickname Phil Brown gave you on the basketball team? :D 

Thanks for the prayers - all is well here & I trust the same is true for you & your family.

Yeah, the wild African jumping beast that rhymes with my last name. I remember. Do you remember how I got it? If not, I have a very uninteresting story to tell... :)

All is well with my family and I'm about to be a grand dad, again. Thanks for asking.

I'm about to be a grandma ("Mimi") for the 2nd time in September - it's great, isn't it?

And yes, that's the name I meant!  I first heard it at an away basketball game when I was cheering.  Maybe there is more history than I knew!  LOL

Least of These said:
I'm about to be a grandma ("Mimi") for the 2nd time in September - it's great, isn't it?

And yes, that's the name I meant!  I first heard it at an away basketball game when I was cheering.  Maybe there is more history than I knew!  LOL
Yeah, it is great. This will be my second as well. I'm now known as "Poppa".

I don't think the cheerleaders were with us when I got the nickname (maybe you were) so it must have been at one of the last games I played when you heard it. I earned it playing ITC at the Omni in Atlanta (the basement practice gym, not the actual Omni court). I lined up on the wrong side of the lane during a free throw attempt and, when the error was brought to my attention, I jumped clear across to the correct position while turning 180 degrees in mid air. When I landed, the announcer smoothly declared me to be "Gazelle Littrell" and it stuck.

We scored over 100 points in that game and still lost by over 20. It was the best game I've ever played.

Yes, that's exactly how I remember it happening!  We were cheering, but I don't think we had anyone in the stands (not unusual for the TBC Eagles). lol

Brethren, this news article is 11 years old. I found it accidentally while researching something else. Bob Gray (from Trinity, not the one in Texas) did admit guilt.  https://www.news4jax.com/news/former-pastor-talked-openly-with-police-about-sex-charges

Sadly, I have no idea whatsoever how many are in the pastorate. While Dr. Davis was there, they used to keep some sort of stats on that but, to my knowledge, not anymore. I personally know of only a few (including me) from "my time" that are currently pastors or ministry staff members. I probably know just as many who quit the ministry.

That being said, I know the Lord has reserved to Himself many who have not bowed the knee to Baal and are serving Him faithfully (Romans 11:1-5). It doesn't matter that we may not know of them and their service as much as the fact that the Lord of Hosts does.

Thanks for the post. God bless you.

From Average Joe:
I know my ex-B-I-L was a pastor after he graduated from TBC. He and my sister started a church in Lake Havasu, AZ back in the 90s. He left and went back to the area in GA where his parents lived and they tried to start a church there. They eventually divorced. They went to the college in the late 80's I believe. It's been so long ago, I can't really remember. He was also, for a short time, on the staff of Paul Chappell's church in California.