Well, that didn't take long.......

Recovering IFB

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Let the flip-flopping begin.
http://libertyviral.com/source-says-trump-will-ask-congress-instead-of-mexico-to-fund-borderwall/#axzz4UwpQOwSV

I have a good idea what he meant by having Mexico pay for it.
He alluded to it in the rally I attended in Canton, OH .

He was referring to balancing the trade deficit.

We shall see.

earnestly contend

prophet said:

We shall see.

earnestly contend

Then why did he not say that? Why did Pena Nieto make it clear that Mexico was not paying for the wall after he met with Trump?

Recovering IFB said:
Let the flip-flopping begin.
http://libertyviral.com/source-says-trump-will-ask-congress-instead-of-mexico-to-fund-borderwall/#axzz4UwpQOwSV

That's old news to those who have paid attention to Trump. He first said this in October....and he's still the President elect! <shrug >

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-mexico-reimburse-us-wall-2016-10

LongGone said:
prophet said:

We shall see.

earnestly contend

Then why did he not say that? Why did Pena Nieto make it clear that Mexico was not paying for the wall after he met with Trump?

See what happens when yo take him literally?
Or is it seriously?
Apparently neither.

LongGone said:
prophet said:

We shall see.

earnestly contend

Ummmm
He said that right in front of me, and it was the same thing he said many times over.

It isn't my fault that the media put out the version of it they wanted you to hear.

earnestly contend

Ransom said:
Maybe the wall was a metaphor too.  ;)
Another point that he made often...

earnestly contend

subllibrm said:
LongGone said:
prophet said:

We shall see.

earnestly contend

Or is it seriously?
Apparently neither.

Sub is still scratching his head over how in the world Trump is President elect!

subllibrm said:
LongGone said:
prophet said:
We shall see.
earnestly contend
Or is it seriously?
Apparently neither.
There have been a number of plans for how to pay for the wall.
The wall has a projected cost of $8 to 10 billion, less if some areas employ double row fences with razor wire.

The money can be recouped over ten years in a number of ways.
1. Tariffs (not likely, but one option).
2. Fees on Visas (set by executive branch not congress)
3. Tolls on bridges at the border (set by executive branch not congress)
4. Fee for across border trucking (set by executive branch not congress)
5. Fine or fees on remittances from US to Mexico by none residents. (Some $25 billion in remittances a year)
6. Small 50 cents a barrel added tax on the oil purchased from Mexico. We import 500,000 to 1 million barrels per day from Mexico.
7. Increased fees to enter country (set by executive branch not congress)
8. Additional income tax charged to non-residents.
9. Miscellaneous fees or charges

prophet said:
LongGone said:
prophet said:

We shall see.

earnestly contend

Ummmm
He said that right in front of me, and it was the same thing he said many times over.

It isn't my fault that the media put out the version of it they wanted you to hear.

earnestly contend

You actually said he alluded to it.

In Tarheel's article he said we would be reimbursed.

In the original debate he emphasized the Mexico would pay for it.

I guess if you say enough different things one of them has to be right.

How many times did we see the rallies where the crowd would yell "build the wall" and who will pay for it the response was "Mexico.

To pretend now that he did not promise to build a wall that Mexico would pay for is disingenuous. 

Tarheel Baptist said:
subllibrm said:
LongGone said:
prophet said:

We shall see.

earnestly contend

Or is it seriously?
Apparently neither.

Sub is still scratching his head over how in the world Trump is President elect!

Not really. He won the votes that mattered. Hillary should have thought to actually campaign where the "little people" live.

LongGone said:
prophet said:
LongGone said:
prophet said:

We shall see.

earnestly contend

Ummmm

earnestly contend

How many times did we see the rallies where the crowd would yell "build the wall" and who will pay for it the response was "Mexico.

To pretend now that he did not promise to build a wall that Mexico would pay for is disingenuous.
The difference between you and I, is, I understood what he was saying.

"There are ways" ,coming from a New Yorker, followed by an explanation of the trade deficit, is a clear signal what means he is planning on using to solve the Mexico problem.

The simple believe what they want to hear, but he said it plain enough to those who have ears.

earnestly contend

prophet said:
LongGone said:
prophet said:
LongGone said:
prophet said:

We shall see.

earnestly contend

Ummmm

earnestly contend

"There are ways" ,coming from a New Yorker, followed by an explanation of the trade deficit, is a clear signal what means he is planning on using to solve the Mexico problem.

The simple believe what they want to hear, but he said it plain enough to those who have ears.

earnestly contend

The revisionist history has already begun. The simple people couldn't understand that when he said Mexico would pay for the wall that he didn't mean that. This is the quote:

I will build a great wall-and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me-and I'll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great great wall on our southern border and I will make Mexico pay for the wall. Mark my words.

LongGone said:
prophet said:
LongGone said:
prophet said:
LongGone said:
prophet said:

We shall see.

earnestly contend

Ummmm

earnestly contend

earnestly contend

The revisionist history has already begun. The simple people couldn't understand that when he said Mexico would pay for the wall that he didn't mean that. This is the quote:

I will build a great wall-and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me-and I'll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great great wall on our southern border and I will make Mexico pay for the wall. Mark my words.

Somewhere here I posted a link to a Trump speech made in October wherein he said Mexico would reimburse us for the wall. This led to media stories about Trumpreversing his position and promises.
It was met with outrage by the media and a shrug by Trunps supporters.

Sub poo-poo's the 'some took him seriously but not literally narrative' but it appears to me to be true. Prophet obviously understand one thing when Trump spoke and you another. Bottom line, those who supported him heard 'ill close the border' when he said I'll build a wall. At least, that's my take on it. Personally I find much of what he says cringe-worthy but am not upset by the pay for the wall media- democrat controversy.