What a Pastor Should Do

JustABigKid

Elect
Reaction score
I am grateful and excited every week to see the right kind of example out of our pastor.

Just to brag on him a bit

1. This last Sunday Evening at the end of the service he reminded the church about the verse in the Bible that states that we should visit the fatherless and the widows in their afflication. We have a widow in our church that has run in to some hard times living just on SS and missed her tax payment for last year. Of course many times throughout the year without anyone knowing pastor had actually pitched in to help her financially never came out and told anyone just did it.

2. Every week he and his wife go out on Sunday afternoon and visit with any visitor that came to church on Sunday morning. He believes it is what a pastor should do. This week was not unlike most but had an extra blessing in it because one of the young ladies got saved while they were visiting with them. She had been under conviction during the service but was too scared to come forward.

I am thankful for a pastor who simply does what God wants him to do and does not expect praise, honor, or attention of man. Oh to have more churches with men like that who truly care more for the sheep than themselves.

JustABigKid said:
I am grateful and excited every week to see the right kind of example out of our pastor.

1. This last Sunday Evening at the end of the service he reminded the church about the verse in the Bible that states that we should visit the fatherless and the widows in their afflication. We have a widow in our church that has run in to some hard times living just on SS and missed her tax payment for last year. Of course many times throughout the year without anyone knowing pastor had actually pitched in to help her financially never came out and told anyone just did it.

2. Every week he and his wife go out on Sunday afternoon and visit with any visitor that came to church on Sunday morning. He believes it is what a pastor should do. This week was not unlike most but had an extra blessing in it because one of the young ladies got saved while they were visiting with them. She had been under conviction during the service but was too scared to come forward.

I am thankful for a pastor who simply does what God wants him to do and does not expect praise, honor, or attention of man. Oh to have more churches with men like that who truly care more for the sheep than themselves.

What church do you attend?

IFB X-Files said:
JustABigKid said:

What church do you attend?

A Very Good One!

JustABigKid said:

Why are these things "a pastor's" responsibilities,  and not yours?

prophet said:
JustABigKid said:

Why are these things "a pastor's" responsibilities,  and not yours?

Didn't say it wasn't mine as well was simply pointing out the good example our pastor is. Wanted to talk positive on here since mostly everything is negative most of the time.

What a great idea for a thread!

I like many things that my pastor does; one example that impressed me was how he seeks to glorify God in everything: Instead of saying "God is leading me to...", he puts these forward as his own ideas; if they succeed, he gives God the glory, but if they fail, he doesn't want to imply that God has failed.

Our Pastor had said things like this was his responsibility as well as every saved persons.

The thing I like about this is he has always claimed "WE" have to do God's work and "WE" should be servants of God.

In doing this he is putting himself on the same level as the church members and not above them. He has even said he is a servant of the church members and it is his job to minister to them for the honor and glory of God.

What we do won't last, what we do for God will last forever.

Well my pastor is the big cheese, the Big Kahuna, the head dog.  He is the man who makes the place roll.  He is the number one guy.  He don’t need to tell you he’s the boss cause he has it written on his chest in big bold letters.  He speaks and everyone listens.  He says jump and everyone says, “How high?”  He sees trash on the ground and just gives you that stare and you jump into action and pick up the trash and mow the grass also just for good measures.(or for brownie points which are important)

He sits at the chief spot at the head table every time.  He drives the biggest vehicle.  He has his personal motor home and a big ol boat for all the fishing he decides to do. He makes you schedule appointments to speak with him or wait in line outside his throne room on Saturday mornings after bus meeting.

He is the toughest hombre to walk the face of the earth.  He’ll hit you in the gut as he walks by if he thinks you are not expecting it.  Then laugh at you for being a wimp if you react.  He’ll pinch the tender skin behind your arm or back of your leg when you are not looking just to make you cry. He will have his staff give you a blanket party on fishing trips just for fun and throw your kid out of the boat into the lake to teach him to swim.

He wants you to think he uses the King James Version but it is actually the King Jimmy Version in his mind.  He claims to read that book more than man alive.  If you ever doubt him you won’t survive.

No wait that was the man in charge of the “church” we left years ago.

Carry on!!