What are you listening to right now?

To help keep me on the calmer side during all of the events going on in our lives here....a piece of music I often went to when I was distressed in college, now done by some truly angelic voices!.....

Who or what is that!?

He has a great voice but what's up with the goofy outfit? Looks like he wanted to dress like KISS but couldn't decide who to copy.

I looked up his info... one source said he weighs 242 pounds. I think they were one digit off on that first 2.

Who or what is that!?

Hey, a local guy!

Song's not too bad, but I don't like his voice. (Edit: I looked up the studio recording on YouTube, and he sounds pretty good. This live performance is just a big weak.)

Last edited:
OK, since YouTube keeps insisting that I watch it ...

This is about as close to a jazz dream ensemble as you can get. Herbie just makes it look effortless.

🤣🤣🤣 I was wondering if he was a "neighbour" of yours.
Stittsville's not too far off. But I think I live closer to Alanis Morissette's parents' house than TALK's (and although I've never met Alanis and likely never will, she and I actually do have mutual friends).

Song's not too bad, but I don't like his voice. (Edit: I looked up the studio recording on YouTube, and he sounds pretty good. This live performance is just a big weak.)
It may sound strange but his voice reminds me of Eddy Vedder's.

OK, since YouTube keeps insisting that I watch it ...

This is about as close to a jazz dream ensemble as you can get. Herbie just makes it look effortless.
Great tune... the solos kinda lost me though... what stood out to me was that rhythm section. That bassist and drummer kept that ensemble together. They deserve as much applause as the others got.

bassist and drummer kept that ensemble together. They deserve as much applause as the others got.

And probably got it, too. Ron Carter (bassist) and Tony Williams (drummer) are jazz legends. For that matter, so is everyone in that ensemble - Hancock (of course), Freddie Hubbard (my favourite trumpeter), and Joe Henderson (sax).

Only Hancock and Carter are still living--in their 80s and still going strong.

Here's another rendition with a different lineup. Hancock on pianos, Pat Metheny on guitar, Dave Holland on bass, and Jack DeJohnette on drums.

Never been a huge Metheny fan but I can't deny he's got chops. I could listen to DeJohnette drum all day.