What caused you to know something was wrong?

Gladstone

Elect
Reaction score
I was 87.9% Hyles when I was a kid.
I didnt know if he did or didn't do.....
My pastor said, no. I was young and took the word of my preacher.
But, that was b4 the internet.
Even after the passing in 01, I still believed Hyles was the MOG for America. Somewhere  my heart I still hope that he was.

But, someone encouraged me to watch the preying from the pulpit series on YouTube a few years ago and when I did and Hyles was asked about some of  Vick N.  things and his response was, "A fella would have to be a wimp." That was not a denial that was actually an admission.  that was a huge red flag to me mixed with hearing with my own ears Dr. Evans saying the accusations of his daughter and Dave H. was a lie from the pit of hell and then his daughter coming out affirming those accusations solidified that the place started out good and was just painted rust to appease the masses.

Please forgive any grammatical errors. This was done with talk to text

2 conversations.....

The 1st was with the husband of one of women in TX that Davey-boy seduced.

The 2nd was with a son-in-law of Jackie-boy.

Both knew the sorted back-stories of the inside of that facade of a family.

fishinnut said:
2 conversations.....

Sordid..not 'sorted'... :p

When I read:  "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God"

16KJV11 said:
fishinnut said:
2 conversations.....

Sordid..not 'sorted'... :p
Thanks but....................there were many issues to sort through.

I was but a fawn, among many, when I was separated from the group by the predator.  One member of my family had never been taken in by FBCH.  Had it not been for this person?s wisdom, experience, and ?sixth sense? or perhaps savvy, I likely would not have been found, let alone survived what happened! I guess I never had ?seen through the glass darkly?, but after that time, I ?saw through the glass clearly??far more clearly than so many at that time.  I?ve never been fooled again, but I?d give anything if the lesson could?ve come another way! I?ve tried to clear the glass of fog for many, many others. There is gladness when I show others what they should be seeing.

I started college, and began to realize that some of what was taught was contrary to Scripture.

Then I saw the results.

Then I fancied myself a Puritan.

Then I realized that they didn't want to be right, and that I was in a place controlled by Satan, pretending to represent Christ.

Then there was the incessant Statism.

There was the absolute separation from the "Laity", by the "pastor".

It grew on me, ya know?  Like a fungus.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

When Jerry Petsalides hurt my feewings by wagging a broom in my face on Nightbus!  I was ruined for life!

16KJV11 said:
When Jerry Petsalides hurt my feewings by wagging a broom in my face on Nightbus!  I was ruined for life!
I would've beat him with it.
Freakin weirdo!

prophet said:
16KJV11 said:
Freakin weirdo!

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE ABUSE YOU WIMP!!!  :p
Oh wait, weren't you in the Marines? ???

16KJV11 said:
prophet said:
16KJV11 said:
Freakin weirdo!

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE ABUSE YOU WIMP!!!  :p
Hey!

There was no abuse in the Marines.............only motivation.

fishinnut said:
16KJV11 said:
prophet said:
16KJV11 said:
Freakin weirdo!

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE ABUSE YOU WIMP!!!  [emoji14]
Hey!

There was no abuse in the Marines.............only motivation.
That's correct.

16KJV11 said:
prophet said:
16KJV11 said:
Freakin weirdo!

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE ABUSE YOU WIMP!!!  [emoji14]
Yeah, that's the problem.
I don't like abusers.

Having Jerry "preach" at anyone, was classic HAC.

prophet said:
Having Jerry "preach" at anyone, was classic HAC.

I consider myself honored to have set under his tutilage (on nightbus) 8)
That's like being a Marine under the command of Chesty Puller!
When Jerry screamed "Sweep the Bus YOU SCUM" I replied: "Yes Sir, may I sweep another one!"

I'm glad and very thankful I didn't see or experience abuse at FBC...I worked closely with Pam Hibbard she is the best

My HAC/FBCH adventure was as a college student in the early '80s.  At that time I saw nothing wrong other than a few stupid rules and policies.  I had heard no rumors concerning Dave Hyles, Joe Combs, or anyone else. After graduation I attended several Pastor's Schools.  I remember when the Dave Hyles Texas news came out.  I did not think Dr. Hyles had any idea of what Dave was doing.  I remember when Sumner's article came out.  My thoughts were that it was coming from a bitter man with an ax to grind.  I continued this belief for many years.

My eyes began to be opened a bit when Schaap became pastor.  Because of all the people that said FBCH would be closed within a few years of Dr. Hyles death, I wanted Schaap to succeed.  It wasn't long until Schaap began slowly teaching his heresy.  It began to be put into print.  I watched in disbelief as the staff continued to follow him.  You could see things going to a new level.  It was at that point that I began to look at things a bit different.

Trying to determine what did and didn't happen in the past is a bit difficult.  Those that aren't fans of Hyles or the IFB movement seem to believe every accusation that has been levied.  Those who are fans of Hyles and the IFB movement don't want to believe any of the accusations.  After all of these years I find myself in the middle.  Do I believe Dr. Hyles was told about Dave's behavior?  Absolutely.  Dis he know this when Dave moved to Texas?  Absolutely.  Do I believe all the Nischik stories?  No.  Do I believe Linda's stories?  Absolutely not.  Currently, I believe Dave Hyles did a tremendous amount of damage.  I believe Jack Schaap did a tremendous amount of damage.  I believe Jack Hyles made some poor staff decisions for the church and college. 

fishinnut said:
2 conversations.....

Both knew the sordid back-stories of the inside of that facade of a family.

Fixed that for you.

Interesting reading.

I didn't grow up in a Christian home, and was saved as a young teen. I began to grow in small country churches that didn't know much about the Hyles stuff.

It wasn't until college that I really heard about Hyles; and that was just that some preacher was doing a grand work in Indiana, around the Chicago area.  But no one in the church was from there, and that's all we heard.

Then, after college, I got a job in another city and joined a church with a HAC-graduate youth pastor. He was very engaging, and sang the praises of all things Hyles.  I believed it, not knowing any better. Then I heard him preach, and he made the verse say what HE wanted it to say, rather than otherwise, but I thought that perhaps he had a bad night.  But I wasn't impressed.

We moved again, and joined another church, this time led by a HAC-graudate pastor. The Hyles adulation was in full force, and I was skeptical, but thought it only me -- that I wasn't as right with God as these others. I did notice that they preached staying busy, but there seemed to be little spiritual depth among the people.

We went to hear Hyles speak, and the man introducing him referred to Hyles as "God". I thought that Hyles would certainly rebuke the man, but Hyles seemed to love it, as he did the rock-star greeting status.

After that, I was never that wild about Hyles, and was on the outs with the church, but it took us some time before we got out.

I was in another city on business, and met a missionary who introduced me to David Cloud. I know that he is not popular here, but his bold, frank stand against Hyles was astonishing to me. I thought everyone who claimed the name of Independent Baptist at least paid lip service to Hyles. God used those events to open my eyes, and the eyes of the family. We heard other tales of Hyles, and I finally got Voyle Glover's book.

Walt said:
Interesting reading.

I didn't grow up in a Christian home, and was saved as a young teen. I began to grow in small country churches that didn't know much about the Hyles stuff.

It wasn't until college that I really heard about Hyles; and that was just that some preacher was doing a grand work in Indiana, around the Chicago area.  But no one in the church was from there, and that's all we heard.

Then, after college, I got a job in another city and joined a church with a HAC-graduate youth pastor. He was very engaging, and sang the praises of all things Hyles.  I believed it, not knowing any better. Then I heard him preach, and he made the verse say what HE wanted it to say, rather than otherwise, but I thought that perhaps he had a bad night.  But I wasn't impressed.

We moved again, and joined another church, this time led by a HAC-graudate pastor. The Hyles adulation was in full force, and I was skeptical, but thought it only me -- that I wasn't as right with God as these others. I did notice that they preached staying busy, but there seemed to be little spiritual depth among the people.

We went to hear Hyles speak, and the man introducing him referred to Hyles as "God". I thought that Hyles would certainly rebuke the man, but Hyles seemed to love it, as he did the rock-star greeting status.

After that, I was never that wild about Hyles, and was on the outs with the church, but it took us some time before we got out.

I was in another city on business, and met a missionary who introduced me to David Cloud. I know that he is not popular here, but his bold, frank stand against Hyles was astonishing to me. I thought everyone who claimed the name of Independent Baptist at least paid lip service to Hyles. God used those events to open my eyes, and the eyes of the family. We heard other tales of Hyles, and I finally got Voyle Glover's book.

Walt, I have definitely enjoyed you being a part of the HAC FFF.  Even though you did not attend HAC, I'm glad you post on this forum.  As I read your post I couldn't help but notice that much of you view of Jack Hyles has come from Cloud and Glover.  While I do not know all that they have said, I have read enough to know that they have no positive to pass along.  I believe if you had attended HAC you would probably not be a fan of Jack Hyles at this time.  I also believe you would have a few problems with some of the things Cloud and Glover have said.  I know you have a limited amount of resources on which to go, but be careful believing everything you hear and read about Jack Hyles.