What cities?

Anchor

Elect
Reaction score
What cities in the OT were singled out for utter destruction because of their great wickedness? 

Sodom/Gemorrah obviously come to mind, as does Nineveh.  Possibly Jericho.  Any others stick out in your mind?

Thanks in advance.

Anchor said:
What cities in the OT were singled out for utter destruction because of their great wickedness? 

Sodom/Gemorrah obviously come to mind, as does Nineveh.  Possibly Jericho.  Any others stick out in your mind?

Thanks in advance.

Chorazin?
Tyre and Sidon.

Anchor said:

The legacy of the God of the Bible:  the "utter destruction" of cities.

The legacy of cities who reject God. Sounds like you are upset Sodom still isn?t here for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FSSL said:
The legacy of cities who reject God. Sounds like you are upset Sodom still isn?t here for you.

God ordered the genocide of babies who were still sucking on the breast.  I would rather be queer than serve and worship such a God.

How many babies were in Sodom? I didn?t read anything about that.

If rape and incest and all manners of evil are alright it?s you, you really have no concern for anyone-including babies.

FSSL said:
How many babies were in Sodom? I didn?t read anything about that.

If rape and incest and all manners of evil are alright it?s you, you really have no concern for anyone.

Rape and incest pale in comparison to infanticide and genocide.

Now let's be clear:  it was you who said or implied that I am okay with rape and incest, not I.  Then you castigate me for taking a position assigned to me by you.  You are not only absurd, but you are dishonest.

Since the Bible specifically says that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed for those perversions... (and said nothing about babies) you need to accept the criticism.

Your desperation is showing

FSSL said:
Since the Bible specifically says that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed for those perversions... (and said nothing about babies) you need to accept the criticism.

"Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy." ~~ Ezekiel 16:49

Pardon me, I don't see any of "those" perversions in that list.

And of course God ordered the genocide of sucking babies.  You know that he did.  And in case you do not:

"Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass." ~~ 1 Samuel 15:3

Yes. We can discuss that. However, you want to accuse God about Sodom and Gomorrah over something never stated in that context.

Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because the evil was so prevalent that not one righteous person could be found.

God?s not to blame. You end up siding with Sodom against God. No surprise

I cannot reply more right now, because ironically I am spending the day in New Orleans

FSSL said:
Yes. We can discuss that. However, you want to accuse God about Sodom and Gomorrah over something never stated in that context.

Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because the evil was so prevalent that not one righteous person could be found.

And according to the Psalmist: "They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one." ~~ Psalm 14:3

And according to the Apostle Paul: "There is none righteous, no, not one" ~~ Romans 3:10

So why has not God destroyed us all?

FSSL said:
Once again you ascribe to me a position, which I have not taken.  Why so disingenuous?

I know why: because you ain't no good.

Route_70 said:
FSSL said:

And according to the Psalmist: "They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one." ~~ Psalm 14:3

And according to the Apostle Paul: "There is none righteous, no, not one" ~~ Romans 3:10

So why has not God destroyed us all?

FSSL said:
Once again you ascribe to me a position, which I have not taken.  Why so disingenuous?

I know why: because you ain't no good.

He spared Nineveh though because they repented. It was later destroyed but in a later generation that didn't repent. The key is repentance.  If he had spared all the innocent children  then what? In Nineveh's case there would have been no one to adopt them. Jonah was the only one there. It can also be traumatic for children to experience the death of parents and older family members.  To kill only the mother of a breastfeeding child wouldn't do any good for the child. 

brianb said:
If he had spared all the innocent children  then what? In Nineveh's case there would have been no one to adopt them. Jonah was the only one there. It can also be traumatic for children to experience the death of parents and older family members.  To kill only the mother of a breastfeeding child wouldn't do any good for the child.

Huh?  What?

"To kill only the mother of a breastfeeding child wouldn't do any good for the child;" so that is why God ordered the killing of the breastfeeding children.

That right there perfectly illustrates the mind-numbing effect of worshipping the God of the Bible.

Route_70 said:
FSSL said:

"Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy." ~~ Ezekiel 16:49

And of course God ordered the genocide of sucking babies.  You know that he did.  And in case you do not:

"Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass." ~~ 1 Samuel 15:3

So what? What do you care? How is this bad in your worldview?

Recovering IFB said:
So what? What do you care? How is this bad in your worldview?

What is my worldview?  In your worldview, killing sucking babies -- killing anyone and everyone -- is good.  In my worldview, such atrocities are just that -- atrocities.

Route_70 said:
FSSL said:

One problem...the definition of "iniquity".

Here's where God tells why He destroyed it...

Jude 1:7
Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

That strange...gets ya every time.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk