What did you eat for breakfast?

Bob Jones V

Elect
Reaction score
I had 3 pieces of toast with peanut butter and blackberry lemonade (only because it was the only drink in the frig that was open.)

A piece of french toast (keto bread and sugar free syrup), sausage patty, slice of bacon and water.

Sourdough toast, coffee, raisin bran before work, scrambled eggs and sausage patty after my morning run. I made up a seasoning mix with Tony Chachere's, paprika, black pepper, oregano and a smoky pepper blend... that is absolutely awesome on almost anything, sprinkled liberally on the eggs and sausage.

I had 3 pieces of toast with peanut butter and blackberry lemonade (only because it was the only drink in the frig that was open.)
old fashoin oatmeal with fresh blueberries..butter and cinnamon.... with a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese on the side..... that;s the usual for me these days......

Indian rice and chicken soaked in spices and yogurt at 5:30 this morning (left overs from last night)

old fashoin oatmeal with fresh blueberries..butter and cinnamon.... with a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese on the side..... that;s the usual for me these days......

You make healthy seem DELICIOUS. Yum, yum.

A piece of french toast (keto bread and sugar free syrup), sausage patty, slice of bacon and water.
I was going to try some keto bread once until I saw the price... $5+ for a loaf. Um... No.

I was going to try some keto bread once until I saw the price... $5+ for a loaf. Um... No.

Yep, we get by for $4.50 here. Lucky us. Of course it is only about 3/4 a normal loaf in terms of the number of slices.

Yep, we get by for $4.50 here. Lucky us. Of course it is only about 3/4 a normal loaf in terms of the number of slices.
I paid $4.50 for a loaf of bread last night... Good sourdough bread. I bought it for Mrs. abcaines because she's only allowed to eat white bread this week. I bought a loaf of whole grain bread for myself but I'm having a devil of a time keeping my hands off the sourdough.

It was mine and ALAYBOY’s birthday yesterday and we went to Cheesecake Factory to celebrate. They had 2 kinds of breads they brought to the table. The whole wheat was delectable, the sourdough could’ve been used for a hammer. Not a fan of sourdough.

Not a fan of sourdough.
Gotta get the right stuff.

The BEST sourdough comes from Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco. There is a seafood restaurant there that serves their clam chowder in a sourdough bowl baked nextdoor. The sourdough is tender with a slightly chewy crust and the clam chowder will not be beat. Unfortunately, I will not set foot in San Fran-sicko again. It's been years and though I miss going to Fisherman's Wharf, I'm not jonesing bad enough to go back there.

The sourdough I bought last night was made in Seattle.
00071025051377-dArasiyWwsIQ-0_s500.jpg
It's not bad but it's a distant second to the San Francisco stuff.

Last edited:
It was mine and ALAYBOY’s birthday yesterday
August babies, eh? Father and son, same day... Way cool 😎.

Mine was last Wednesday, the first day of school. 😑

Happy birthday, you two!

Gotta get the right stuff.

The BEST sourdough comes from Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco. There is a seafood restaurant there that serves their clam chowder in a sourdough bowl baked nextdoor. The sourdough is tender with a slightly chewy crust and the clam chowder will not be beat. Unfortunately, I will not set foot in San Fran-sicko again. It's been years and though I miss going to Fisherman's Wharf, I'm not jonesing bad enough to go back there.

The sourdough I bought last night was made in Seattle.
View attachment 4537
It's not bad but it's a distant second to the San Francisco stuff.
we have a bakery here that does a fairly good sourdough loaf.... made just the right size for cutting into a clam chowder bowl..... we have done that for a quick comfort food style dinner before.... of course the clam chowder comes from a can on those nights...

You make healthy seem DELICIOUS. Yum, yum.
it;s pretty good.... i started doing that years ago when i began doing round the island bicycle rides with a group of friends... it ended up being just right for it..... ... with the addition of a few stops at various starbucks along the way of course....:cool:

Yup. I think I'm going to do the peanut butter thing this morning.

Do you ever put peanut butter on sliced apples? If we had apples, that's what I'd be doing this morning.

Last edited:
Today, it will be nothing, just coffee. I've been struggling with severe back pain, can't do much, and have gained 15 lbs., so I am going to work on losing that 15. It makes the back pain worse.

Otherwise I would have 3 eggs scrambled with bacon mixed in, and wrapped in 2 tortillas, maybe some cheddar cheese.

Yup. I think I'm going to do the peanut butter thing this morning.

Do you ever put peanut butter on sliced apples? If we had apples, that's what I'd be doing this morning.
I like to slice apples and bananas and put peanut butter on them.

Speaking of that, I saw you use Tony's. My son in law is from Louisiana and turned us on to Tony's. Try Tony's on Peanut butter toast.

Try Tony's on Peanut butter toast.
Hmmm...

Ok... I had just eaten a PB sandwich but I made another and used the seasoning mix made with Tony's... Interesting flavor with that delightful Tony's zip.