What did you think?

Bruh

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
This isn't the whole sermon but what did you think of this sermon preached at FBCH?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L3CesyxzTsU

When I watched the whole sermon the first time I thought 2 things:

1. He is saying stuff that has never been said behind FBCH pulpit, and they may hang him.

2. Scott Gray doesn't look happy at all because of what is being said.

Here's the whole sermon.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jKiYA-kS_9s

He brought out the question that many of us on the HAC FFF asked for months before Schaap's fall - "How in the world could the staff sit and listen to what Schaap was preaching without dealing with it?"  I believe he realized the stupidity of the "blind loyalty" thought pattern.  What a dumb thought pattern, "I felt I needed to be here for one year so I could earn the right to approach Schaap on the heresy he was preaching".  Hopefully several other of these men have changed their thoughts on this issue. 

RAIDER said:
He brought out the question that many of us on the HAC FFF asked for months before Schaap's fall - "How in the world could the staff sit and listen to what Schaap was preaching without dealing with it?"  I believe he realized the stupidity of the "blind loyalty" thought pattern.  What a dumb thought pattern, "I felt I needed to be here for one year so I could earn the right to approach Schaap on the heresy he was preaching".  Hopefully several other of these men have changed their thoughts on this issue.

But he answers why they said nothing.  They feared the king and losing their paychecks.

IFB X-Files said:
RAIDER said:

But he answers why they said nothing.  They feared the king and losing their paychecks.

Let me add that I've confronted 2 3 pastors over error.  There is a price you pay for doing that.  Anyone tells you different is an idiot.

This is so in the past, it is an exercise in futility to keep looking back...but this message by Jim Binney was the only one, in the wake of the scandal & all of its dimension / ramifications, that gave me any hope. He seemed to be the only one who understood the reciprocal guilt and the need for very serious examination of ourselves and our (flawed, man-made) system.

IFB X-Files said:
IFB X-Files said:
RAIDER said:

Let me add that I've confronted 2 3 pastors over error.  There is a price you pay for doing that.  Anyone tells you different is an idiot.
Bingo Files. It makes no difference if it's IFB or some other type church. You put a target on your back, you most likely will take some hard hits. But the more important factor is that your family will know......

RAIDER said:
Hopefully several other of these men have changed their thoughts on this issue.

Sad to say........

You kept silent.

IFB X-Files said:
IFB X-Files said:
RAIDER said:

You speak the truth!  Pride is a terrible thing.

Bruh said:
This isn't the whole sermon but what did you think of this sermon preached at FBCH?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L3CesyxzTsU

I was hoping he was going to say something like: "Yes, you should be loyal to your pastor; however, when your loyalty to your pastor is more important than your loyalty to God, or to His word, you are committing idolatry."