What do you think?

Though I understand his use of the word ministry in the context, the subject matter is that of attitudes in organizational ministry. My point of contention is that ministry doesn't matter; ministering does.

Just because one is a minister or is involved in a ministry does not mean he is ministering at the shoulder-to-shoulder, peron-to-person, individual level.

I don't think it was his misuse of the word "ministry" that bothered me, since he prefaced with the remark he knew he was using it somewhat tongue-in-cheek, and I get 'poetic license'.

As I re-read by light of day, the article doesn't seem to make me so uncomfortable. I wonder about the passage on "judgment". Having recently been burned and having had my eyes opened to the fact things are not always what they seem...my tendency is to really gravitate to I Cor 2:15, " But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man." I accept nothing blindly anymore, and that gets pretty overwhelming because it's hard to sort through / process EVERYTHING you see, hear, etc. It was much easier when I believed they (Those In Charge Of Things At Church) were special elite Christians who would never do anything that wasn't Spirit-led.

It is sarcasm.

Which I speak fluently BTW.  8)

Smellin Coffee said:
subllibrm said:
It is sarcasm.

Which I speak fluently BTW.  8)

Yeah, right.

:D

That reminds me of the joke about how a double negative is a positive, but a double positive is never a negative.

Yeah, right.

brainisengaged said:
As I re-read by light of day, the article doesn't seem to make me so uncomfortable. I wonder about the passage on "judgment". Having recently been burned and having had my eyes opened to the fact things are not always what they seem...my tendency is to really gravitate to I Cor 2:15, " But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man." I accept nothing blindly anymore, and that gets pretty overwhelming because it's hard to sort through / process EVERYTHING you see, hear, etc. It was much easier when I believed they (Those In Charge Of Things At Church) were special elite Christians who would never do anything that wasn't Spirit-led.

coffeewithjesus397.jpg

brainisengaged said:
Something about it bothers me, but I can't put my finger on it and am wondering if for some as-yet-undetermined reason, I seem to have a chip on my shoulder.

Substitute the word "pitfall" for "ministry," and it sounds to me like a pretty good attitude check for ministry leaders: don't be the guy whom everyone else is scared they don't measure up to.