What happened to Francis Chan?

Francis Chan has been a bit of a theological loose cannon for some time now.

Three years ago, Chan stirred up a fuss with some comments about the Lord's Supper which were interpreted by some to be an affirmation of the Roman Catholic dogma of transubstantiation. I'm not sure just what he believes about that.

Anybody here read Chan's book "Crazy Love" and have any comments? In this book, as I understood it, he advocates that Christians sell everything and give it all to the poor. He says he sold his house and gave only some of it to the poor, and kept the rest to purchase a less expensive house. Sounds like a case of "Do as I say, not as I do." Sometimes it's hard to tell just where oddballs like Chan really stand on any particular issue, so I wonder why people pay so much attention to his ravings.

Francis Chan has been sliding towards apostacy for a while now! So sad because he used to be a really great teacher and preacher!:(

I've never paid much attention to Francis Chan except to note in passing that the cheese always seemed to be sliding a little farther off his cracker.