What Happened to Ruckman's 1989 Rapture?

illinoisguy

Elect
Reaction score
Ruckman predicted the Rapture for 1989 but it didn't happen.  Since he got that wrong, why should we accept anything that Ruckman said about Bible versions, abortion or anything else?

www.ruckmanism.org/raptureguessing

You may as well ask, "Since he got pretty much everything about the Bible wrong, why should we accept that he was in any position to understand the Rapture?" If not for his cult of personality, Dr. Petey wouldn't have been a famous kook. He'd just have been a kook, and probably only as influential as handing out photocopied newsletters on street corners could make him.

illinoisguy said:
Ruckman predicted the Rapture for 1989 but it didn't happen.  Since he got that wrong, why should we accept anything that Ruckman said about Bible versions, abortion or anything else?

Let me ask you this:  Could the Rapture be today?

illinoisguy said:

Later he gave an expandeded version of his rapture theory.
Only white people who lived in 1611 were raptured.
He was a ture skolar

Yes, the Rapture could happen today or maybe 100 or 1000 years from now.  I don't know the exact or approximate date, I don't claim to know, and I don't make goofy, daffy predictions of that type while claiming to be the world's foremost and most brilliant Bible teacher.

If this response is not sufficient, let me know and I will give you an "expandeded" response.

Tarheel Baptist said:
illinoisguy said:

He was a ture skolar

And...it would only be the first 144,000 to buy a copy of the 1611.

Twisted said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
illinoisguy said:

He was a ture skolar

And...it would only be the first 144,000 white people to buy a copy of the 1611.

Edited to be true to Ruckman?s racist roots...

Tarheel Baptist said:
Twisted said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
illinoisguy said:

He was a ture skolar

And...it would only be the first 144,000 white people to buy a copy of the 1611.

Edited to be true to Ruckman?s racist roots...

LOL!

I'm sure only white people did buy it in 1611.

Twisted said:
illinoisguy said:

No.

2Th 2:1 ? 2Th 2:3 (KJV)

? Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

If your theory can be disproved, by any relevant passage, than it isn't truth.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk

prophet said:
Twisted said:
illinoisguy said:

No.

? Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Enjoy your time with your buddy Anderson as you both go through the Tribulation.

The passage you quoted is dealing with the Second Advent, not the Rapture.

Twisted said:
prophet said:
Twisted said:
illinoisguy said:

No.

Enjoy your time with your buddy Anderson as you both go through the Tribulation.

The passage you quoted is dealing with the Second Advent, not the Rapture.
Well, if the word "rapture" was in my KJV, I'd check it out....

Works salvation, whatever dispensation, is another gospel.
If you believe this, you aren't my brother, you're accursed.

prophet said:

Do you really hold that those who hold a dispensational view hold to another gospel, and are not believers...or were you referring to those who believe in a works based salvation...or do you believe the two to be synonymous?

T-Bone said:
prophet said:

Do you really hold that those who hold a dispensational view hold to another gospel, and are not believers...or were you referring to those who believe in a works based salvation...or do you believe the two to be synonymous?
As the Scripture says "if any man preach..."
I judge by that.
If any teach any other gospel, disguised as dispensational division or no, let him be accursed.
That includes Rome

prophet said:
T-Bone said:
prophet said:

As the Scripture says "if any man preach..."
I judge by that.
If any teach any other gospel, disguised as dispensational division or no, let him be accursed.
That includes Rome

I get that...but you didn't answer my question...what are you referring to as "another gospel"?

T-Bone said:
I get that...but you didn't answer my question...what are you referring to as "another gospel"?

(Don't confuse him.  He probably thinks there's only one...)

Twisted said:
T-Bone said:

How many are there?

T-Bone said:
How many are there?

"Not that there is another one" (Galatians 1:7). So "only one" is the correct answer. Any "other gospel" is a distortion and falls under the curse of verses 8-9.

T-Bone said:
Twisted said:
T-Bone said:

How many are there?

I'm taking it that you're sincere, so here's the answer:

1.  The gospel of the grace of God - Paul called it "my gospel"

2.  The gospel of the kingdom - Referred to either the "kingdom of heaven" or "kingdom of God". 

3.  The "everlasting gospel" - preached by an angel at the end of the Tribulation.

4.  The gospel preached to the spies of Kadesh-barnea in Heb. 4.

5.  The gospel unto Abraham (Gal. 3:8 )

6.  The gospel of peace (Romans 10:15)

And then the historical "gospels" of Matthew. Mark, Luke and John.

Twisted said:
T-Bone said:
Twisted said:
T-Bone said:

How many are there?

I'm taking it that you're sincere, so here's the answer:

1.  The gospel of the grace of God - Paul called it "my gospel"

2.  The gospel of the kingdom - Referred to either the "kingdom of heaven" or "kingdom of God". 

3.  The "everlasting gospel" - preached by an angel at the end of the Tribulation.

4.  The gospel preached to the spies of Kadesh-barnea in Heb. 4.

5.  The gospel unto Abraham (Gal. 3:8 )

6.  The gospel of peace (Romans 10:15)

And then the historical "gospels" of Matthew. Mark, Luke and John.

Thank you...but all these lead to the same Savior, so as Paul said in Galatians 1 there is only one Gospel.