What Happened???

IFB X-Files

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
My first impression is I don't like the new look.  Is there a technical reason for the change?

IFB X-Files said:
My first impression is I don't like the new look.  Is there a technical reason for the change?

I really hate it.  The "white on rice" look is weird, but that's not the problem. I could get used to that.  It's the pop-in subject lines and quote button.  REALLY annoying.  And I don't get the need for a pop-in "Modify" button when there's a pencil icon to do that.  And the pop-in makes the pencil icon useless, because when I go to click it, the pop-in appears and moves the icon down, so I have to "find" it again.

Maybe this makes a forum more usable on a phone, but on a computer it's a usability disaster.

I don't know but is there some way to tell if someone is coming in from tapatalk? Then you could have a different theme for that specific platform?

Okay... a couple of tweaks and the animation is gone.

The main reason for the change is that as of April 20, Google gives priority to websites that respond to mobile and tablets.

Secondarily, you are not forced to using Tapatalk if you want to post via a phone or tablet.

Yuck, I can't find the new threads link! :(

The Rogue Tomato said:
IFB X-Files said:

I really hate it.  The "white on rice" look is weird, but that's not the problem. I could get used to that.  It's the pop-in subject lines and quote button.  REALLY annoying.  And I don't get the need for a pop-in "Modify" button when there's a pencil icon to do that.  And the pop-in makes the pencil icon useless, because when I go to click it, the pop-in appears and moves the icon down, so I have to "find" it again.

Maybe this makes a forum more usable on a phone, but on a computer it's a usability disaster.
I had no problem viewing this site on my cell phone before......this new look is annoying ?