What is a Christian to do?

Tim

Elect
Reaction score
What is a Christian to do? What are you doing?

How can a Christian vote for Trump? He is vain, vague, and makes our great country vulnerable with his big stupid mouth. He lies and promotes his personal morality all why talking and acting like a worldly business man. How could I ever vote for this man and place this on my children.

But. Worst still is Hillary. I can trust her perhaps a little more than Trump. She answers questions like a good politician when on TV, but even many in her own party question her honesty. So do I. And, I never could vote for a person who is pro choice. That is against my morals.

Both are highly against my personal morals. I know morals are not everything when it comes to a secular leader, but when it comes to these two characters I find their lack of decent morals deplorable and frightening.

Pray and trust God.

This is a matter between me and God and I can't see it as the right Christian thing to do regarding placing a vote for ether person. I might vote third party to at least not waste my right and privilege to vote. I might write in a better name. But - in the end - it is about two people, and after the filthy videos and audio ... one person running.

Is is a shame.

Tim said:

How can a Christian vote for Trump? He is vain, vague, and makes our great country vulnerable with his big stupid mouth. He lies and promotes his personal morality all why talking and acting like a worldly business man. How could I ever vote for this man and place this on my children.

But. Worst still is Hillary. I can trust her perhaps a little more than Trump. She answers questions like a good politician when on TV, but even many in her own party question her honesty. So do I. And, I never could vote for a person who is pro choice. That is against my morals.

Both are highly against my personal morals. I know morals are not everything when it comes to a secular leader, but when it comes to these two characters I find their lack of decent morals deplorable and frightening.

Pray and trust God.

This is a matter between me and God and I can't see it as the right Christian thing to do regarding placing a vote for ether person. I might vote third party to at least not waste my right and privilege to vote. I might write in a better name. But - in the end - it is about two people, and after the filthy videos and audio ... one person running.

Is is a shame.

Both are a disaster...

Read the party platforms...

The Supreme Court is the primary reason I am holding my nose and voting for Trump.

wtyson said:
Tim said:

Pray and trust God.

Is is a shame.

Both are a disaster...

Read the party platforms...

The Supreme Court is the primary reason I am holding my nose and voting for Trump.

I just can't do it.

It just might be a sin to vote for Trump (at least for me) . I am not saying voting is a sin. And I am not saying voting for someone who isn't born again is a sin. But, voting for someone with such low moral standings seems to go against what God would want this flesh to do. Clearly this man is a man who loves the world, and in I John we are told not to love the world. Over and over we are told to Love our great God in scripture. Trust God. I am able to trust God and his greater plan  - and that choice puts me voting for God this time. I am comfortable with that.

If I could see Trump as a man who genuinely was a man for the people of the USA I might vote, even with some sins behind him. But this man proves over and over to be a liar, deceiver, false witness of his (our) faith, lacking in substance, more interested in the pride of life ... the list goes on and on. He is in this for himself - can't people of faith see this? And do we really need to stand behind a man who is a womanizer? We have distanced ourselves from preachers and teachers for far less sins.

How can a Christian vote for a man who represents the world so well. How? So much evil and we stamp "approved" with our precious vote.

"Should you help the ungodly, and love them that hate the LORD?" 2 Chronicles 19:2

?Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.? Matthew 6:33

Ransom said:
Tim said:

Voting for neither and allowing the U.S. to receive the punishment it deserves is always an option.

Truth is in your post me thinks.

::)

Quit being such a drama queen, Timmeh. 

Just don't vote.  That's not a sin.

I've never been able to stand Trump.  It started when he maligned Rosie O'Donnell.  I'm not a fan of hers, but why would any public figure say the things he has said about other people.  Even the recent things he said about the 75 year old woman who came forward and said she was groped by him in an airplane 30 years ago.  His only defense is that they are ALL lying.

When he began to run, I told everyone I knew that he had declared bankruptcy.  "No, no, that was just his companies," was the response I got.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-bankruptcy-math-doesn-t-add-n598376

https://www.scribd.com/doc/313271497/Trump-Failures

This man is going to "rebuild America"??

He is a caricature of himself.  I couldn't believe it when I heard he was running for office.

Jo said:
I've never been able to stand Trump.  It started when he maligned Rosie O'Donnell.  I'm not a fan of hers, but why would any public figure say the things he has said about other people.  Even the recent things he said about the 75 year old woman who came forward and said she was groped by him in an airplane 30 years ago.  His only defense is that they are ALL lying.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/10/list-debunked-groper-allegations-corrupt-media-donald-trump/

Let me start this by saying that I'm not impressed with Mr Trump.  I see him as the epitome of what the Bible calls "the pride of life" - I don't know his heart or motives, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is running for President just to be able to boast of having been President, as opposed to having any real plan for the country.

However, in the USA, we have a wonderful privilege to vote for our leaders; this privilege was one of the reasons the colonies separated from England - we wanted to have a say in the laws that affect us.

So, whatever you do, please don't just "not vote" - that is just as much spitting in the eye of those who died for our freedoms as those who don't respect the US Flag during the singing of the national anthem.

The word "idiot", I've read, comes from Greek for someone who did not participate in politics.

So, what's a Christian to do?

This election is NOT about picking a Godly leader; there may be third party candidates that are Godly, but I wouldn't say that either of the main party candidates reflect godliness. We aren't voting for a church member; we are voting for the President of the United States. Consider what the President's duties are, and vote in accordance with THAT, not how much you may or may not admire the person running for the office.

We know that Hilary Clinton wantonly disregarded national security; I'm not sure I want someone like that to be President.  We know that it is mostly her fault for the deaths of US people in Bengahzi.  She has admitted that she tells the public what they want to hear, not what she actually believes.  We know that, as President, she will appoint the most liberal people she can get away with to every position that she can control.  We know that she is about as far left as they come.  I don't like what's happened under a leftist President for the last 8 years, so I certainly don't want more of the same.

Donald Trump has certainly said bad things; whatever else one says about him, he has been a successful businessman.  I don't believe he has done the harm to our nation that Hilary Clinton has done, and would (presumably) continue to do. I don't know how hard he will try to appoint conservative people to positions of power, but I'm SURE his nominees wouldn't be as leftist as those of Hilary Clinton.

As for third party voting, it may help us to feel all noble about ourselves, but a third or fourth party candidates only adds to the confusion. In the 1912, the fact that Teddy Roosevelt was angry with Taft and ran his own party was the SOLE reason that Woodrow Wilson won - with the Republican party split over Taft and Roosevelt, any Democratic candidate would have won. I believe the same holds true in 1992 when Ross Perot took enough votes away from George Bush so that Bill Cinton won.  Back in 1860, the Democratic party was split along north-south lines, and any Republican would have won.  Third party candidates don't win the Presidency, but they can act as spoilers.

If God withholds judgment on America for her arrogance and sin; if we have any kind of national repentance, it won't be because of who is President.  It will be because of the sincere, praying Christians in churches around the country.

Twisted,
I heard the 75 year old woman interviewed on the radio yesterday.  She was very convincing.

Is it possible that he would pay someone to dispute her allegations? I think it is.

Evenso Lord Jesus come.

Jo said:
Twisted,
I heard the 75 year old woman interviewed on the radio yesterday.  She was very convincing.

Is it possible that he would pay someone to dispute her allegations? I think it is.

Is it possible?  Yes.

Is it possible the witness is telling the truth?  Yes.

Is it possible that Trump is telling the truth?  Yes.

Walt said:
So, what's a Christian to do?

This election is NOT about picking a Godly leader; there may be third party candidates that are Godly, but I wouldn't say that either of the main party candidates reflect godliness. We aren't voting for a church member; we are voting for the President of the United States. Consider what the President's duties are, and vote in accordance with THAT, not how much you may or may not admire the person running for the office.

I agree. But the duties are to uphold the Constitution, even if they disagree with our religious values. For example, the issue of gay marriage. It is well within the Constitution to allow gay people to marry so as to receive familial benefits. The idea of freedoms might mean some practice things with which I might disagree and perhaps find morally sinful (example, prostitution).

With that being said, which candidate will be more Constitutional in his/her approach might be a way to differentiate.

Walt said:
We know that Hilary Clinton wantonly disregarded national security; I'm not sure I want someone like that to be President.  We know that it is mostly her fault for the deaths of US people in Bengahzi.  She has admitted that she tells the public what they want to hear, not what she actually believes.  We know that, as President, she will appoint the most liberal people she can get away with to every position that she can control.  We know that she is about as far left as they come. 

You understate the threat here. She literally subverted democracy in the primary elections. "Convenient" suicides happen to people who oppose her. She claims to care for gay and women's rights, yet takes personal funds from foreign dignitaries that execute gays and subjugate women. She seems to me to be a war-hawk; maybe not as much as Trump, but certainly might have an itchy trigger finger for that red button. She can't be trusted with state secrets (as you mentioned).

Walt said:
I don't like what's happened under a leftist President for the last 8 years, so I certainly don't want more of the same.

In all honesty, I believe history would show Obama would be considered conservative in comparison with Hillary.

Walt said:
Donald Trump has certainly said bad things; whatever else one says about him, he has been a successful businessman.  I don't believe he has done the harm to our nation that Hilary Clinton has done, and would (presumably) continue to do. I don't know how hard he will try to appoint conservative people to positions of power, but I'm SURE his nominees wouldn't be as leftist as those of Hilary Clinton.

Again, we get back to the pesky thing called The Constitution. Both sides should be striving to find Constitutionalist judges, not strictly conservative nor liberal. With that in mind, I don't want either President to appoint in accordance with his/her party's agendas. Granted, they will, but the process will be wrong, despite which party nominates the SCOTUS vacancies. So in my mind, the appointment of justices will be biased regardless of the President and since Constitutional judges won't be nominated, I find the argument over the Supreme Court appointee as the sole reason to vote for a candidate to be a biased decision for a voting choice, in opposition to the governing intent on which this country was founded. FTR, BOTH libs and convos alike are playing the biased card instead of the Constitutionalist card.

[/quote]

Smellin Coffee said:
FTR, BOTH libs and convos alike are playing the biased card instead of the Constitutionalist card.

Just yesterday Trump said in his speech (and he's said it before), that he will appoint SC judges that respect the Constitution.

Now you can take that however you wish but Hillary has no such goal.

Twisted said:
Smellin Coffee said:
FTR, BOTH libs and convos alike are playing the biased card instead of the Constitutionalist card.

Just yesterday Trump said in his speech (and he's said it before), that he will appoint SC judges that respect the Constitution.

I take is as a liar speaking (not you, Trump).

FreeToBeMe said:
::)

Quit being such a drama queen, Timmeh. 

Just don't vote.  That's not a sin.

Wait. We got this going on ...

trump_hillary3.jpg

And you call me dramatic? LOL

Twisted said:
Smellin Coffee said:

I sure hope that is the case should he become elected.

Smellin Coffee said:
Twisted said:
Smellin Coffee said:

Yes, that point last night rung in my ears for the first time louder. That and the whole "pro choice" stand Hillary had was very public.

Tim said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Twisted said:
Smellin Coffee said:

Yes, that point last night rung in my ears for the first time louder. That and the whole "pro choice" stand Hillary had was very public.

I didn't see the debate last night. Did they question Trump on his change of opinion about abortion?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsOlXidHXRE

Smellin Coffee said:
<snip> For example, the issue of gay marriage. It is well within the Constitution to allow gay people to marry so as to receive familial benefits.
quote]

And how are these "benefits" constitutional?

We long ago (let's say about the time of the Civil War) gave up constitutional law and ever since have incrementally given that power to Washington D.C.

The fact that you see Gay "Marriage" as constitutionally protected shows that you do not understand the basic concepts of the constitution. You are not alone. That is the common political assumption in both parties. They do not argue whether or not the  Federal government should or shouldn't have control because they all assume that it does. The two things you mention come directly from a misapplication of the commerce clause and the 14th Amendment's equal protection clause. The Christian Baker issue is a perfect example of these misapplications and assumptions turning our constitution on it's head.

FWIW the left/right abuse that has resulted from these assumptions is in large part responsible for rise of the Libertarian movement. I am not a Libertarian but I have a certain sympathy for how they view our troubles.

And they do have a great slogan:

"The government's job is to defend the shores, deliver the mail and leave me alone"  :D