What is the Gospel?

John F. MacArthur Jr., The Gospel according to the Apostles: The Role of Works in the Life of Faith (Nashville, TN: Word Pub., 2000).

To be even more specific, the modern lordship controversy is primarily a dispute among dispensationalists. Appendix 2 explains dispensationalism and why it is at the heart of the lordship debate. Without getting into a technical discussion about theology at this point, let me simply note that one arm of the dispensationalist movement has developed and defended no-lordship doctrine. Their influence on the evangelical culture has been widespread. As the lordship controversy has been debated on radio talk shows and in other popular formats, it has begun to seem like a monumental conflict threatening to divide Protestant Christianity in a major way. The truth is, only one branch of dispensationalism has risen to defend the no-lordship view.

Who are the defenders of no-lordship dispensationalism? Nearly all of them stand in a tradition that has its roots in the teaching of Lewis Sperry Chafer. I will show in Appendix 2 that Dr. Chafer is the father of modern no-lordship teaching. Every prominent figure on the no-lordship side descends from Dr. Chafer’s spiritual lineage. Though Dr. Chafer did not invent or originate any of the key elements of no-lordship teaching, he codified the system of dispensationalism on which all contemporary no-lordship doctrine is founded. That system is the common link between those who attempt to defend no-lordship doctrine on theological grounds.

<<<<<< which I have stated before that Dallas Dispensationalism is known to be extreme.

Only parts of DTS. They've had a difficult time trying to accurate reconcile the challenges they've faced in their theology.

Yes, he changed sides. From working against God to work to do the will of God.

Yes. However, his actions could have been seen as being "text book" sin. Peter's definitely was.

Could you deal with Peter? Did Peter's action show forth the change of being a Christian?

Yes. However, his actions could have been seen as being "text book" sin. Peter's definitely was.

Could you deal with Peter? Did Peter's action show forth the change of being a Christian?
I can't say exactly why. Maybe some of the Jewish Christians convinced him it was the right thing to do. Again I never said Lordship Salvation means never sinning. You will still commit sins. However, if your sins do not bother you and your post conversion life is marked by just as much sin as your pre conversion life than you have legitimate reason to doubt your salvation.

I can't say exactly why. Maybe some of the Jewish Christians convinced him it was the right thing to do. Again I never said Lordship Salvation means never sinning. You will still commit sins. However, if your sins do not bother you and your post conversion life is marked by just as much sin as your pre conversion life than you have legitimate reason to doubt your salvation.

Lets follow this through..... I largely agree with what you're saying... However systematically and philosophically, it is a difficult "thing" to defend. For example....

I believe sin bothers Mormons. Some of the very same sins we'd call sins ourselves. However, their actions and beliefs concerning Jesus Christ show that they're not Christians.

To me, the deciding factor in all of this is how people address God's darling Son. If you want to really tell if a person is a Christian, just ask them to tell you HOW they love Jesus Christ.

The Sheep will not listen to another. The Sheep will not LOVE another like they love the Sheppard. The journey of knowing Jesus Christ shows on those in Christ. When they sin, they get back up. When they sin, they appeal to the loving kindness of their Savior. When they sin, it hurts. It wounds...... Its not a matter of if, it is a matter of when.... over and over again. Over and over again it is back to Jesus.

No. Treasure knows how to use a VPN
You know you just started it again. Now he's going to comeback and do about 30 posts trying to convince people that it's not possible for him to have made an error with his VPN.

You know you just started it again. Now he's going to comeback and do about 30 posts trying to convince people that it's not possible for him to have made an error with his VPN.

well... he brings SOO MUCH traffic that my revenues are totally rocking! lol

All of my contextually based ads now feature mind altering drugs.

Only parts of DTS. They've had a difficult time trying to accurate reconcile the challenges they've faced in their theology.

The most important part, their theology department. Ryrie unfortunately got caught up in it.

The most important part, their theology department. Ryrie unfortunately got caught up in it.

They have a rather diverse staff from time to time. I do agree their leadership is rather poor.