What{s happened to my sweet little keyboard_!!

Gringo

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
This post has nothing to do with politics, social things or theology. But somehow, my keyboard has become messed up. I was hoping that someone would have a suggestion. All of a sudden, when I want to post an apostrophe or quotation marks or parenthesis or colons likeÑ

For instance if I want to used quotation marks, this is what I get [
If I want to use parentheses, this is what I get . . . ) =
If I want to use an apostrohe, this is what I get {

Any suggestion to fix this or to what I{ve done to cause this_ . . . . see! Instead of a question mark, I get an underscore

Laptop? Either a key is stuck or you've randomly hit a combination of keys that have enabled some alternate function.

Laptop? Either a key is stuck or you've randomly hit a combination of keys that have enabled some alternate function.
Thanks. I probably have enabled some function. The trick is figuring it out. I turned my computer off and and then back on hoping that would reset it but it didn{t. I guess I{ll have to youtube it. Thanks for the reply.

This post has nothing to do with politics, social things or theology. But somehow, my keyboard has become messed up. I was hoping that someone would have a suggestion. All of a sudden, when I want to post an apostrophe or quotation marks or parenthesis or colons likeÑ

For instance if I want to used quotation marks, this is what I get [
If I want to use parentheses, this is what I get . . . ) =
If I want to use an apostrohe, this is what I get {

Any suggestion to fix this or to what I{ve done to cause this_ . . . . see! Instead of a question mark, I get an underscore
Looks to me like you've accidentally activated an alternative keyboard mapping. I used to keep the international layout on deck so I had easy access to French accents. It also means your punctuation keys move around a bit. Looking up how to change keyboard layouts in Windows (presumably) should help you out.

Looks to me like you've accidentally activated an alternative keyboard mapping. I used to keep the international layout on deck so I had easy access to French accents. It also means your punctuation keys move around a bit. Looking up how to change keyboard layouts in Windows (presumably) should help you out.

Thanks. I appreciate y{alls replies.

I youtubed it and it turned out to be such an easy fix. I'm not sure WHAT I did to cause it but down at the bottom of my screen, where the date and time was, it had been switched from US to a different setting. I simply clicked on it and put it back to US and that fixed it.

I youtubed it and it turned out to be such an easy fix. I'm not sure WHAT I did to cause it but down at the bottom of my screen, where the date and time was, it had been switched from US to a different setting. I simply clicked on it and put it back to US and that fixed it.
Do you have a cat? Blame it on the cat. :D

WHAT I did to cause it but down at the bottom of my screen, where the date and time was, it had been switched from US to a different setting. I simply clicked on it and put it back to US and that fixed it.

I haven't used Windows regularly for several years (I'm mainly a Mac/Linux guy), but I seem to recall the hotkey to toggle between keyboard layouts was pretty easy to hit by accident.

You can also remove those alternative layouts and make your keyboard strictly unilingual if you have a habit of doing that.