What?s Next for Bob Ross

Tanner

Elect
Reaction score
Well first he needs to stop interfering with his former church.  He continues to sow discord from the outside.  Half the church did not want him to resign the other half did. 

He sent a list of demands to the church that he would return under these conditions.  Here are 2.  1.  He provided a list of families that had to leave the church, which included the whistleblower.  2.  Anyone serving in the church paid or volunteer has to sign a loyalty pledge to him. 

The Church agreed to hold a vote tonight to decide if he returns as Pastor. 

Glory to God he lost 48% to 52% and this should mean the church can move forward with a pastor search.  Bad news is the church will split down the middle,  not including the Spanish church that left and separated from them June 1. 

So has he been getting paid since his arrest?

When is his day in court thats when we will here whether these folks were whistle blowers or troublemakers.

At that point we may be able to find out what he knew and when. :)

He told the police one story and the church another.  Regardless of the trial the church lost confidence in him.

Tanner said:
He told the police one story and the church another.  Regardless of the trial the church lost confidence in him.
What are the 2 stories?

Tanner said:
Well first he needs to stop interfering with his former church.  He continues to sow discord from the outside.  Half the church did not want him to resign the other half did. 

He sent a list of demands to the church that he would return under these conditions.  Here are 2.  1.  He provided a list of families that had to leave the church, which included the whistleblower.  2.  Anyone serving in the church paid or volunteer has to sign a loyalty pledge to him. 

Glory to God he lost 48% to 52% and this should mean the church can move forward with a pastor search.  Bad news is the church will split down the middle,  not including the Spanish church that left and separated from them June 1.

Man, I'd like to see the full list of conditions.

I'm scared that he lost by such a narrow margin... just 2.1% change would have brought him back.

Loyalty pledges?  Forced removal?  Sounds cultish.

Twisted said:
So has he been getting paid since his arrest?

He was probably paid until the deacons asked for his resignation and he resigned.  That seems only right.

Walt said:
Tanner said:

I'm scared that he lost by such a narrow margin... just 2.1% change would have brought him back.

The bylaws say it takes 75% to vote in a pastor,  so he was not close. 

Tanner said:

I'm sickened to hear this. I feel so bad for all of the victims, including the innocent people who were just trying to serve God at a church.

Tanner said:
Walt said:
Tanner said:

The bylaws say it takes 75% to vote in a pastor,  so he was not close.

Oh, good. I wasn't sure if this was a "call" or not.

In my opinion, I don't mind the deacons asking for his resignation, but they should have brought this before the church body as a vote.  The church called the pastor, and the church should dismiss him.

Well thankfully God intervened and they can get on with the healing.  I?m sure a lot of the 48% will leave.

I can say who ever gave you the results gave you the wrong numbers. Good thing he needed a 75% vote of confidence to return as pastor. There were 100 votes cast with 2 being thrown out(one for circling both yes and no and one had nothing at all).  The votes were 52 for his return and 46 against his return.  There were 52 people ready and willing to sign a paper saying they would be loyal to a man who tried to hide and cover-up a relationship between  a married man and a teenaged girl.  So any pedi or child molester who wants to hide among the ranks should feel pretty safe there. The one loyalty thing that got me is that what has happened to him would not be allowed again if he came back so he would be free to hide any thing and the membership could do nothing about it except leave and him probably preaching about how terrible and weak you were for leaving.

Secondly, Ross has claimed he was fired by the deacons unjustly but truth be known after his arrest and the Wednesday night message in a combined service the deacons met and decided to call another meeting with Ross and Spanish pastor. Spanish pastor gave his resignation and Ross said no that if anyone should offer their resignation it should be him and then he offered his resignation. The deacons did not accept either of the pastors resignations at "that time".  They though prayed and met over the next few days and getting a copy of both arrest reports from Ross and Steven Winn they prayed and decided to vote to accept his resignation.  They all voted and it was unanimous to accept Ross resignation which would begin immediately Sunday night and Ross said he would accept it. See how well he accepted it. He had not been paid since that day but there were collections taken during SS to give to the Ross'.

O.C Redeemed said:
I can say who ever gave you the results gave you the wrong numbers. Good thing he needed a 75% vote of confidence to return as pastor. There were 100 votes cast with 2 being thrown out(one for circling both yes and no and one had nothing at all).  The votes were 52 for his return and 46 against his return.  There were 52 people ready and willing to sign a paper saying they would be loyal to a man who tried to hide and cover-up a relationship between  a married man and a teenaged girl.  So any pedi or child molester who wants to hide among the ranks should feel pretty safe there. The one loyalty thing that got me is that what has happened to him would not be allowed again if he came back so he would be free to hide any thing and the membership could do nothing about it except leave and him probably preaching about how terrible and weak you were for leaving.

Secondly, Ross has claimed he was fired by the deacons unjustly but truth be known after his arrest and the Wednesday night message in a combined service the deacons met and decided to call another meeting with Ross and Spanish pastor. Spanish pastor gave his resignation and Ross said no that if anyone should offer their resignation it should be him and then he offered his resignation. The deacons did not accept either of the pastors resignations at "that time".  They though prayed and met over the next few days and getting a copy of both arrest reports from Ross and Steven Winn they prayed and decided to vote to accept his resignation.  They all voted and it was unanimous to accept Ross resignation which would begin immediately Sunday night and Ross said he would accept it. See how well he accepted it. He had not been paid since that day but there were collections taken during SS to give to the Ross'.

Well, thanks for posting this.

I'm still sick at the loyalty oath idea and the closeness of the vote.

I want to address the fact that he got a majority vote. The only reason this is the case is that the majority of this church is now over 60 years old since Ross ran off most of the younger families. The "senior saints" were led by the former pastor Matthews and would have voted for Peter Pan if he told them to.  In the end, even some of them broke ranks or his percentage would've been even higher. I guarantee that if you polled only those under 60, the totals would've been very different. As far as "this should've been a vote." He resigned. The deacons did not ask for his resignation or fire him. He actually resigned twice... Now that he's gone, this church can move on...

stillifbfornow said:
... Now that he's gone, this church can move on...

http://youtu.be/cYTqx0LhzCQ

stillifbfornow said:
I want to address the fact that he got a majority vote. The only reason this is the case is that the majority of this church is now over 60 years old since Ross ran off most of the younger families. The "senior saints" were led by the former pastor Matthews and would have voted for Peter Pan if he told them to.  In the end, even some of them broke ranks or his percentage would've been even higher. I guarantee that if you polled only those under 60, the totals would've been very different. As far as "this should've been a vote." He resigned. The deacons did not ask for his resignation or fire him. He actually resigned twice... Now that he's gone, this church can move on...
Thanks for clarification

Tanner said:
stillifbfornow said:
Thanks for clarification
I will add that the reason the older crowd is there and the young families have left is because he has not tolerance for anyone messing up.  If your kids mess up or you mess up you are blacklisted by him.  He does not love his people through tough times.  There was a young girl that had a tough unstable upbringing.  She went to the altar several times to get saved over and over.  Instead of loving that girl and explaining the love of Christ he humiliated her, he screamed at her from the pulpit told her to go sit back down and absolutely embarrassed her. Can you imagine the visitor that was sitting there, about to make a decision and didn?t move because of him?

stillifbfornow said:

This sounds like age discrimination -- are you saying that those over 60 have no spiritual discernment?

Tanner said:
Tanner said:
stillifbfornow said:
Thanks for clarification
I will add that the reason the older crowd is there and the young families have left is because he has not tolerance for anyone messing up.  If your kids mess up or you mess up you are blacklisted by him.  He does not love his people through tough times.  There was a young girl that had a tough unstable upbringing.  She went to the altar several times to get saved over and over.  Instead of loving that girl and explaining the love of Christ he humiliated her, he screamed at her from the pulpit told her to go sit back down and absolutely embarrassed her. Can you imagine the visitor that was sitting there, about to make a decision and didn?t move because of him?
There are quite a few people at WHBC /OBC who "messed up " and Bro Ross was a blessing to them and helped them get back on track. Many of them are in the ministry and helping others.

I get it you hate Ross but your bias is showing. some are willing to agree with anyone as long as they hate the person they hate.

The man is not perfect (none of us are ) but there are people who were helped by him.

I dont know whether he is innocent or guilty. I would rather the truth come out ( it hasnt yet, it usually takes time ) .

My question to you is would you be willing to apologize to him if this ended up not being true or was misrepresented by a few renegades that could care less about truth ?

Saved by Grace said:
Tanner said:
Tanner said:
stillifbfornow said:
Thanks for clarification
There are quite a few people at WHBC /OBC who "messed up " and Bro Ross was a blessing to them and helped them get back on track. Many of them are in the ministry and helping others.

I get it you hate Ross but your bias is showing. some are willing to agree with anyone as long as they hate the person they hate.

The man is not perfect (none of us are ) but there are people who were helped by him.

I dont know whether he is innocent or guilty. I would rather the truth come out ( it hasnt yet, it usually takes time ) .

My question to you is would you be willing to apologize to him if this ended up not being true or was misrepresented by a few renegades that could care less about truth ?

I also pray that the truth will be revealed.

Note that I used to doubt what Tanner posted; however, he has been on track in what he's said, so I find his assessment pretty accurate (now).